The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 12, 2021 Carolina Hurricanes (19-6-1) @ Vancouver Canucks (11-15-2) at 7:00 pm on SportsNet

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

2 minutes ago, IceHockeyPlayer said:

Boudreau, a great tactician! Difference between winning and losing in this league sits on a knife’s edge sometimes. Putting Podz out there in last minute. Never would have happened under Green. 

A lot of stuff would never happen under Green. For a younger coach, he is as stubborn as a vet coach without the successful coaching pedigree.

• Vintage 2

15 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

regards,  G.

Demko or Akane? Both killing it. 

I can't decide what melts my heart more. Misa smiling at Akane?

Or Akane's pouty kissy face. LOL.

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Like 1

Podz is making me like Russian hockey players.,, and that’s saying something for a person who holds Finnish citizenship. 

Not since Bure, Larionov, Datsyuk, or Ovechkin have I been so impressed with a young Russian hockey player!

He is taking this year in the NHL by storm!!

Edited by viking mama
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Demko or Akane? Both killing it. 

Both play hard throughout, and then, when things get tight they take things into their own hands and solo the play until the the rest get back in line and follow through to the end.

regards,  G.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, viking mama said:

Podz is making me like Russian hockey players.,, and that’s saying something for a person who holds Finnish citizenship. 

Not since Bure, Larionov, Datsyk, or Ovechkin have I been so impressed with a young Russian hockey player!

He is taking on this year in the NHL by storm!!  

Just keep your Suomi rifle handy.

Vuosalmi_etulinja_1944.jpg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Just keep your Suomi rifle handy.

Vuosalmi_etulinja_1944.jpg

I didn’t say that I’d ever trust Russian tyranny.

So yah,…it’s more as if I’m looking at Russian NHLers as conscientious defectors, still.

LOL

Edited by viking mama
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Wow!!

Canucks gave up 5 goals in 4 games since coach Gaby been here. 1.25 GA per game..

How about that defense improvement..

Nah, all the media pundits said our defense is crap and it's all Benning's fault. Green is a great coach - he'll get hired soon when he wants it. :rolleyes:

Remember when Green had the frequent "too many men" penalties? He definitely cleaned it up recently, but couldn't figure out how to play the style that Boudreau's playing. Never mind the fact that our PK/PP was at the bottom and Green's games were obviously stale.

The people who were defending Green aren't gonna admit they were wrong, even with the (small sample) evidence working against them. Do you also notice that the usual Canuck negative nancies don't post as much now?

Makes me wonder....

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1