The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 14, 2021 Columbus Blue Jackets (14-11-1) @ Vancouver Canucks (12-15-2) at 7:00 pm on SportsNet TV and Radio 650

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

I’m thinking (hoping maybe?) that because so many on our roster have had Covid that their immunity is especially good with their vaccinated status. Please. 

And I see Hamonic is now on LTIR. Nothing against the person/ player, but the drama/ missed games is getting tiresome. I wish Canucks had Costco’s return policy on contracts. 

• RoughGame 1

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Irrespective of what the the result of the tests say later today, in my view, the game should be cancelled tonight.

I’d be very surprised if they play. Seems reckless the way cases are spreading. But if we’re being that careful I could see massive disruptions coming up for the whole league.

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

If they are going to cancel games. Do it properly. Cancel games for 2 weeks. Cancel the olympics and use that period for rescheduling 

I'll be surprised if the Olympics happen for the NHL if they keep having to cancel games, and I'm fine with it tbh. The importance of the Olympics is overblown imo, the international rivalries don't matter to me so much. Not when the NHL is already the highest level of hockey. 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 2

10 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I'll be surprised if the Olympics happen for the NHL if they keep having to cancel games, and I'm fine with it tbh. The importance of the Olympics is overblown imo, the international rivalries don't matter to me so much. Not when the NHL is already the highest level of hockey. 

Watching that gold medal game in 2010 live with my dad was the most exciting sporting event my father and I shared. 

Perhaps only a Canucks cup winning game will top that. 

Edited by Jaimito
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Can't agree more. Plus , Canada and US are boycotting Olympics on political level anyway.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Canada vs Russia transcends sports for me.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

Just now, Jaimito said:

Watching that the gold medal game in 2010 live with my dad was the most exciting sporting event my father and I shared. 

Perhaps only a Canucks cup winning game will top that. 

Don't get me wrong, that was an exciting moment for sure. But way I see it is given the unequal amount of talent between the countries at the Olympics NHL hockey is higher caliber. Cap enforced parity or not. 

It if fun watching an absolutely stacked Canada team? Sure. Is it better hockey as a whole? I wouldn't say so.