The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks to be limited to 50% capacity at Rogers Arena until end of January

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, morgo said:

When do you think you're getting the freedoms you lost over the past two years back?  After the fourth booster?  Or is seven the magic number :rolleyes:.  Legitimately curious.

Your father's food ration card has nothing to do with a Vaccine Passport...  It didn't force him to submit to an experimental drug, that hasn't passed clinical trials (3 years standard for any vaccine) that very clearly isn't working.  100% of the Flames are double-jabbed yet 80% of the team is in Covid protocol...  Rogers Arena has had a proof of vaccination program implemented since the start of the season yet they need to reduce capacity by 50%...  Why?

If you guys seriously haven't figured out that these vaccinations are doing nothing to slow the spread of this thing, I'm sad for you.  I could post much more evidence than just those two examples but I'm sure it would be lost on most of you anyways.

So what exactly is your solution? What are you willing to sacrifice?

14 minutes ago, morgo said:

When do you think you're getting the freedoms you lost over the past two years back?  After the fourth booster?  Or is seven the magic number :rolleyes:.  Legitimately curious.

Your father's food ration card has nothing to do with a Vaccine Passport...  It didn't force him to submit to an experimental drug, that hasn't passed clinical trials (3 years standard for any vaccine) that very clearly isn't working.  100% of the Flames are double-jabbed yet 80% of the team is in Covid protocol...  Rogers Arena has had a proof of vaccination program implemented since the start of the season yet they need to reduce capacity by 50%...  Why?

If you guys seriously haven't figured out that these vaccinations are doing nothing to slow the spread of this thing, I'm sad for you.  I could post much more evidence than just those two examples but I'm sure it would be lost on most of you anyways.

You should take over from Dr Henry you'd be awesome.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, morgo said:

Oh I reckon when the last of the overly privileged, selfish, self entitled Facebook doctors finally do their part and finally catch up with the majority of people doing theirs.

Edited by Shayster007
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Oh I reckon when the last of the overly privileged, selfish, self entitled Facebook doctors finally do their part and finally catch up with the majority of people doing theirs.

Can't address a single point a person on the other side of a debate made?  Just attack them personally and call them a selfish, privileged, entitled, facebook doctor  :rolleyes:.

If the vaccine has a 20% success rate on the 100% double-vaccinated Flames roster, what difference do you think the "Facebook Doctors" getting it is going to make?

58 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

So what exactly is your solution? What are you willing to sacrifice?

Not my bodily-autonomy for a virus with a 99% survival rate...  My solution is simple; accept that Covid is here to stay, live with it and move on with our lives.  Alcohol kills far more people every year, should we ban that?  I think Alf would have a stroke :lol:.

ky477kE.png

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 hour ago, morgo said:

IMHAO we will get an annual Covid shot at the same time as our flu shot.  

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, morgo said:

100% of the Flames are double-jabbed yet 80% of the team is in Covid protocol..

You realize that although high numbers have tested positive, none of the vaccinated flames have serious symptoms? There’s a big difference between being in covid protocol and actually being incredibly ill. Conversely, Sutter, Josh Archibald, and many other Canucks players who got covid while unvaccinated have suffered tremendously (…and may never play again).

The argument that it’s unsafe is also based on zero reality. It’s the most tested vaccine in human history (currently 4.6 billion people) and has shown no significant risk. 

Honestly, if you choose to not get vaccinated, that’s up to you. But enjoy not being able to attend Canuck games, restaurants, and visiting family during Christmas. I don’t want my kids and community being placed at risk because of your stupidity. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, morgo said:

Can't address a single point a person on the other side of a debate made?  Just attack them personally and call them a selfish, privileged, entitled, facebook doctor  :rolleyes:.

If the vaccine has a 20% success rate on the 100% double-vaccinated Flames roster, what difference do you think the "Facebook Doctors" getting it is going to make?

Not my bodily-autonomy for a virus with a 99% survival rate...  My solution is simple; accept that Covid is here to stay, live with it and move on with our lives.  Alcohol kills far more people every year, should we ban that?  I think Alf would have a stroke :lol:.

ky477kE.png

Pardon me? You asked me a question and I answered it. You asked when, I told you when.

How many of those flames players are taking up ICU beds and preventing car accidents, heart attacks, overdose, old age, stroke or any other life threatening illness from access to beds and care. None of them. Not a single one. Adversely there are actively 76 people in ICUs around BC right now because of covid. There is a very high likely hood that not one of those 76 beds is taken by a vaccinated person. That's why we have had to open up covid wards in hospitals and reposition nurses away from regular duty so they can care for those extra patients burdening our system.

The fact that you are stil arguing a 99% survival rate shows just how little you understand what is happening right now. You can't even begin to comprehend the strain on our healthcare system due to being entitled, selfish, and completely missiniformed.

Edited by Shayster007
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Pardon me? You asked me a question and I answered it. You asked when, I told you when.

How many of those flames players are taking up ICU beds and preventing car accidents, heart attacks, overdose, old age, stroke or any other life threatening illness from access to beds and care. None of them. Not a single one. Adversely there are actively 76 people in ICUs around BC right now because of covid. There is a very high likely hood that not one of those 76 beds is taken by a vaccinated person. That's why we have had to open up covid wards in hospitals and reposition nurses away from regular duty so they can care for those extra patients burdening our system.

The fact that you are stil arguing a 99% survival rate shows just how little you understand what is happening right now. You can't even begin to comprehend the strain on our healthcare system due to being entitled, selfish, and completely missiniformed.

Aren't there hundreds of hospitals in BC and we are panicked about 76 people? Also, are those omicron or Delta?

Everything says Delta was far more virulent. 

1 hour ago, morgo said:

ky477kE.png

So your answer is nothing.

Saying that there is nothing to see here makes it easy to justify being unwilling to sacrifice anything.

Worse than doing nothing is actively encouraging others to do nothing along side of you.

The vaccine and restrictions that you are railing against have kept the health care system from collapsing.

15 minutes ago, AbbyNux said:

Aren't there hundreds of hospitals in BC and we are panicked about 76 people? Also, are those omicron or Delta?

Yes we are. I highly suggest checking this page and scrolling down a bit. There is a graph that shows ICU and hospital trends.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/canada/british-columbia?view=cumulative-deaths&tab=trend

If you read what I wrote before, there are dozens of reasons why people find themselves in ICUs. Not only does covid take a bed, it takes away a nurse. Donning and doffing protective equipment is very time consuming and difficult. These nurses don't go room to room like in the bulk of the hospital. Our already very short staffed healthcare system is being punished. Badly.

76 may not seem like a lot, I can tell you with complete confidence that it is. The way the trend is going, it could get much much worse very quickly.

As for variants, I have no idea. That's not really within my scope of practice, nor does it matter in the grand scheme of things. Covid is covid and it doesn't matter to me which variant is causing it. A bed taken is resources away from people who are being put into unfortunate circumstances, not putting themselves in harm's way willingly.

Edited by Shayster007
  • Cheers 1

On 12/17/2021 at 11:43 AM, Canucklehead53 said:

when I went to a baby canucks game it was 50% capacity - still a ton of fun - but what I found interesting is that there was no strategy for how to implement. for instance my section was 80+ percent of its capacity while others where basically empty....seemed to kind of defear the purpose when I was elbow to elbow in my section.

worse has been seeing hockey games with fans with no masks on at all, nor anyone policing it obviously, but you'd think it would be strict to show the organization is doing there best to comply so the government doesn't shut it down completely or at least give it a hard second thought before deciding on a verdict to shut it down or not...

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, AbbyNux said:

I don't think you understand how limited ICU capacity is in Canada. Our entire country only has about 3100 ICU beds. (https://open.library.ubc.ca/soa/cIRcle/collections/facultyresearchandpublications/52383/items/1.0221259).

Coastal Health e.g. only has 69 during normal times (https://thetyee.ca/News/2020/04/02/COVID-BC-Hospitals-Mapped/)

So yes we have lots of beds for regular care, very few for critical care. When you factor in people needing ICU beds normally from accidents, surgical recovery, strokes, etc. there's not much left over for covid.

You can't treat a critical covid patient on a normal ward. Thats why the province is so concerned. If we get many more cases its going to cost lives.

2 hours ago, morgo said:

ky477kE.png

This BOZO's skewed interpretation of the statistics is completely bogus.

He is typical of the semi=literate 'experts' who pontificate on the various creepy corners of the internet.

For those who want to look at the real statistics as provided by the BC Health Care system, please see here for the most recent details up to December 4th.

http://www.bccdc.ca/Health-Info-Site/Documents/COVID_sitrep/Week_48_2021_BC_COVID-19_Situation_Report.pdf

The page for all the reports is here:

http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data#outbreak

The first error that this complete BOZO made was in suggesting the Mortality rate could be arrived at by dividing the entire population of BC by the number of Covid deaths.

So he is trying to suggest that those of us who were not infected by Covid due to our taking precautions like masking and vaccines are considered... which is nonsense... only those who were actually infected should be counted as the base.

At this point we cannot be sure exactly how many people have been infected... we do have the number whose tests came back postiive... 221,024... if we compare that to the fatalities, which are 2370.... that means 1.07% of those persons who were confirmed through tests to have Covid died.   Around 1 in 100 people infected died.

Of course, there are those who were infected but who were not tested... according to studies in Britain, likely double the number of persons compared to those who were confirmed by tests were actually infected.  So we can probably assume approx. 440,000 BCer's have been infected.

So that would mean the actual mortality rate would be around 0.5035 %.... or 1 in approx. 200 infected people died.

Fortunately for the people of BC, not all of our more than 5 million population has been infected.  Because based on the above mortality rate... of 1 in 200... if we followed BOZO's advice and ignored Covid, and everyone in BC got infected, then we'd see 25,909 deaths.

Now maybe BOZO thinks that number of deaths is unimportant, but I would think that the rest of us don't.

Plus what BOZO is completely ignoring is the fact its not just a question of deaths.  There is also the question of all those people who were hospitalized.  Does BOZO think they all walked out of the hospital completely cured and everything was sunshine and roses???  Of course not, there are many many longterm effects from Covid which take months to recover from or in some cases, are permanent.

Plus what about all the suffering of those who spent time in hospital???  Typically a Covid hospitalization lasts 3 weeks... and for those in ICU, it can be months... many report spending 3-4 months.

Right now we have had 12,441 people hospitalized from Covid.  If we took BOZO's advice, and we let Covid infect everyone, then based on the statistics we would have 289,681 BCer's who needed to be admitted to hospital with Covid.  Considering the fact we simply do not have the number of beds, doctors or nurses to care for that number of people and you know the mortality rate would skyrocket.... no oxygen or ventilators... suddenly there a LOT more deaths.

All of these facts are ignored by morons like Morg... they prefer to scream about their 'freedoms'... when in fact his precious so called freedoms would be a death sentence for huge numbers of BCer's.

It is typical of guys like Morg to spew his nonsense till something happens to change his mind.... like the Republican Washington State Senator who was a vehement opponent of vaccines or masks... well guess what folks... that same Senator is now dead.... he died of Covid after going to El Salvador... a country where the government ignores normal health practices and lets Covid run wild.  Here's a story about this moron Senator:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/18/politics/washington-state-senator/index.html

Hey Morg.... I hope you don't suffer the same fate as that stupid Senator.... but since you are so tough... maybe you should go to El Salvador to prove us wrong???

Edited by *Buzzsaw*

40 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

The people who haven't gotten it aren't getting it.  That is their right under both the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and the Nuremberg Code so enjoy living the way you have been for the past two years forever.  You're arbitrary goalpost will never be reached.  Enjoy living in fear, lining up for endless boosters and going into lock-down over and over again.

How many of those flames players are taking up ICU beds and preventing car accidents, heart attacks, overdose, old age, stroke or any other life threatening illness from access to beds and care. None of them. Not a single one. Adversely there are actively 76 people in ICUs around BC right now because of covid.

I'm sorry, I thought the vaccine was supposed to make you immune from Covid19.  Another word for Vaccination is immunization.  Now that there's (substantial) evidence that it isn't doing what the medical authorities said it would, you want to backtrack and say "well, none of them are in the ICU (yet) so that must mean the vaccine works."  Great argument :rolleyes:.

There is a very high likely hood that not one of those 76 beds is taken by a vaccinated person.

Without a source, this statement is meaningless.  I know someone who works in the ICU in Calgary and she says there are plenty of double-jabbed people in there taking up beds. 

The fact that you are still arguing a 99% survival rate shows just how little you understand what is happening right now.

The stats are right there...  If you have any information that debunks them, have at it.

You can't even begin to comprehend the strain on our healthcare system due to being entitled, selfish, and completely missiniformed.

That really hurts coming from someone can't spell misinformed.

• RoughGame 1

2 hours ago, morgo said:

This chart you just showed clearly indicates your selfishness. I’m guessing your in your 20s - although my three old daughter may have a greater appreciation of others. 

What exactly is your point? Only old people are dying? This is like speaking about a school or mass shooting like Vegas where we only cite fatalities (instead of wounded or maiming). You realize the number of people with long-haul covid where their daily life is ruined is approximately 20-25% of all positive cases. This will frankly cripple the health care system in the coming years. 

Furthermore, if you make poor choices in life, why should my taxes pay for those. People like yourself who choose to go unvaccinated should not be paid for missing work and should not be entitled to any medical benefits for covid. If you think selfishness and entitlement are values we should hold in society (as opposed to being judged on how we treat the most vulnerable), then why should society cover your self-induced liability (….that means your choices will cost us money we shouldn’t support) 

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Hey Morg.... I hope you don't suffer the same fate as that stupid Senator.

I'm surprised.  Isn't wishing death on people who didn't submit to the jab the M.O. of you kool-aid drinkers?

Say BOZO some more.  It really makes you sound intelligent and eloquent :rolleyes:.

4 minutes ago, morgo said:

The people who haven't gotten it aren't getting it.  That is their right under both the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and the Nuremberg Code so enjoy living the way you have been for the past two years forever.

Show where in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms it says these pieces of garbage need to be allowed into all of the same places as people with functioning brains.  Either way, there no justification for wasting tax dollars on prolonging the lives of these imbeciles.  Let them do their own research if they're not willing act like adults.

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1