The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks to be limited to 50% capacity at Rogers Arena until end of January

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

13 hours ago, JM_ said:

why do you try so hard to absolve people of their personal responsibility?

vaccines are safe and effective. If you're anti-vax, you're literally an extremist. Over 90% of us have done the right thing.

The WHO just released the following statement ""No country can boost its way out of the pandemic."

Just now, AbbyNux said:

Thanks, care to comment on what the World Health Organization just said or you still think I am an extremist,  who is double vaccinated and fully agrees with their statement.

um, go back and read what you quoted. 

10 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Re-scheduling my canuck game this year if I go at all was going to go to the Kracken game, ordered a Jaden Schwartz away Kraken jersey in lieu of the trip. 

Well see now, that's why we have to cancel games.  We can't have this stuff.

:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, AbbyNux said:

The boosters aren't working, so stop doing it and open up. 

That's a broad statement.

I'd say they are because to date they appear to reduce the symptoms and eliminate the need for hospital and/or critical care.

This variant is highly transmittable, sure...but the unvaccinated are giving these variants the clear path to swoop in/through.   The variants are actually "imported" from countries that aren't as fortunate and don't have the accessibility to vaccines that we do.  This one coming from Nigeria and ? (I forget).  If everyone on earth did have that privilege and access to vaccinations, we'd reportedly be a lot further ahead in seeing this thing fizzle out to where it no longer does require circuit breakers.

Vaccinations DO work.  You just have to go back in history to confirm that.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

27 minutes ago, AbbyNux said:

The WHO just released the following statement ""No country can boost its way out of the pandemic."

Can you provide the source (and some context)?  And don't just say "WHO"....I'd like the statement in full that they made with a source.

11 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Can you provide the source (and some context)?  And don't just say "WHO"....I'd like the statement in full that they made with a source.

The WHO did make this statement but not surprisingly the context was completely lost. The point of the statement was exactly what you said in your previous post about getting the rest of the world vaccinated first.

473A038F-5E39-4B3E-88A3-471B6A248CD1.jpeg

• Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

The WHO did make this statement but not surprisingly the context was completely lost. The point of the statement was exactly what you said in your previous post about getting the rest of the world vaccinated first.

473A038F-5E39-4B3E-88A3-471B6A248CD1.jpeg

The rest of the world will never be fully vaccinated. I got double vaccinated to go back to normal. Now we are told that because someone in another country isn't vaccinated, we have to lock down. 

So even if Canada got to 100% vaccinated, we would still be locked down? 

They keep moving the goal posts. Open it up, that's the only way. 

6 minutes ago, AbbyNux said:

The rest of the world will never be fully vaccinated. I got double vaccinated to go back to normal. Now we are told that because someone in another country isn't vaccinated, we have to lock down. 

So even if Canada got to 100% vaccinated, we would still be locked down? 

They keep moving the goal posts. Open it up, that's the only way. 

We aren't "locking down" - it's a temporary measure to circuit break.

We all got double vax'd to help us get back to normal, however, the variants that come into play didn't get that memo.  Just like an annual flu shot, this may require ongoing boosters.

If we get to 100% vaccinated then we'll see...you're wanting the end of the story but it's an ongoing one right now.  And we all have to do what it takes to get to the final chapter, that might not be that this is"over", but it's "contained".  I've accepted that this may just be how life is for awhile...that we'll see openings for "back to normal" activity but have to also be prepared for variants that come into play until they're better understood.

The "they" moving the goalposts are the variants....those responding to that aren't to blame.  We all want to get back to normal, but we're just not there yet it seems.  Hang in there.  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1