The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Seattle Kraken | Jan. 01, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 hours ago, aznmonk said:

If this team really craves for playoff success they should all take a million dollars off there contract so we can actually afford parts that we need and or play to exceed there value! If every player wants to be LE 2.0 and just going through the motions I'd rather start to rebuild now! We missed the playoffs 8 years now what's another 2- 3 years of a true rebuild. Doesn't include the fluke covid bubble playoffs.

What is a true rebuild? Anyways. Anaheim never did one for example. They are having a good season. They just drafted where they picked. Didn’t sell much.

This is what I’ve been talking about. Why more rebuilding when it’s possible that we’ve been a good team for awhile. We just have the right coach now? I believe just that. We are a good team. Maybe others don’t agree but time will tell for sure 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

What is a true rebuild? Anyways. Anaheim never did one for example. They are having a good season. They just drafted where they picked. Didn’t sell much.

This is what I’ve been talking about. Why more rebuilding when it’s possible that we’ve been a good team for awhile. We just have the right coach now? I believe just that. We are a good team. Maybe others don’t agree but time will tell for sure 

Anaheim wasn't trading there first during there mini rebuild but they did let go of Perry.

2 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Anaheim wasn't trading there first during there mini rebuild but they did let go of Perry.

Perry isn’t a very good example. He’s a far cry from the player he was. Point being selling assets isn’t the only way to rebuild. Every team has a different situation. However I’m still not sold on that team but again we will see where it goes 

12 hours ago, Angry Goose said:

Both view points have merit.

It’s a risk to sign Miller, and you could pull a move like the Av’s did with Duchene. 

On the other hand, Chris Kreider is absolutely helping NYR with his scoring size and speed but it remains to be seen how the contract will age. 

Tough call TBH. 

This is exactly, where I stand on this issue as well... tough call...

• Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

We may be 'good' (bubble playoff IMO) but are we good enough?

Trading one player =\= rebuilding. There's no reason we can't continue to be a "bubble playoff team" while continuing to add younger pieces and re-jig some depth from F to D.

Edited by aGENT

4 hours ago, aznmonk said:

If this team really craves for playoff success they should all take a million dollars off there contract so we can actually afford parts that we need and or play to exceed there value! If every player wants to be LE 2.0 and just going through the motions I'd rather start to rebuild now! We missed the playoffs 8 years now what's another 2- 3 years of a true rebuild. Doesn't include the fluke covid bubble playoffs.

Players rarely take pay cuts. Not going to happen.

You need to get compensation in other forms....aka no trade clause.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

We may be 'good' (bubble playoff IMO) but are we good enough?

Trading one player =\= rebuilding.

Time will tell. I need more time. It’s been a whirl wind season. Ever since the bubble I’ve been watching them and something wasn’t right. No the bubble wasn’t a fluke. You don’t fluke out for 2 and half rounds. Then you have the people that Figured we wouldn’t make the playoffs when covid stuck. No actually we were tied for a playoff spot.

Now the best team we’ve had in years. Are we good enough? I don’t know that. It seems we are short a couple pieces to me. I need to see at least another month of hockey and ill know personally 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Time will tell. I need more time. It’s been a whirl wind season. Ever since the bubble I’ve been watching them and something wasn’t right. No the bubble wasn’t a fluke. You don’t fluke out for 2 and half rounds. Then you have the people that Figured we wouldn’t make the playoffs when covid stuck. No actually we were tied for a playoff spot.

Now the best team we’ve had in years. Are we good enough? I don’t know that. It seems we are short a couple pieces to me. I need to see at least another month of hockey and ill know personally 

Montreal fluked their way to the cup finals.

A hot goalie is huge in the playoffs. I think if we keep climbing the standings and we are sitting pretty by the tdl,  JR'S gonna go for it.

5 minutes ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

They just confirmed on the global morning news that tomorrow's game is postponed.

:frantic::mad::picard:

I don't mind actually. We need other teams to use up their games in hand, and we aren't back to full strength yet which this might give us time for. 

Just now, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

Ya I agree. It benefits us but damn man I'm having withdrawals here 

I'm enjoying watching the other games, its good to get out of just watching our team and see just how bad TO's defence is, e.g. 

• Vintage 2

6 minutes ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

Montreal fluked their way to the cup finals.

A hot goalie is huge in the playoffs. I think if we keep climbing the standings and we are sitting pretty by the tdl,  JR'S gonna go for it.

Ahh I don’t know about that. Weber was a beast. Price is just that. There was no way they were gonna beat Tampa but I don’t believe in a fluke to the finals. That’s a lot of hockey games. That situation was unique though so you could say they are better matchups on route the the finals.

If we stay hot you stick with the group imo. It would be something special with the coach and players working your way up from the bottom. Plus we aren’t in a position to “go for it” We need to keep our draft picks and it sounds like Rutherford was pretty focused on doing that. Maybe we add a 4th liner with a 5th rounder or something