The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Trade away the duds

There are lots of guys on the team we need to get rid of that are taking up too much cap space. Players like ferland, poolman, sutter, Dickinson, Pearson, chaisson, hominic so once we trade these guys we will have plenty to sign our core. What has any of these guys done for our team this yr. Let me know what you think.

Dickinson, Pearson, Chaisson, and Hamonic, provided they are healthy could get at least some return at the deadline. Ferland is pretty much done and will just be on LTIR until his contract ends. Sutter is a covid long hauler, and may not be ever be able to play again. Which is a shame, and he's on LTIR as well. 

There is one problem, who takes the spots? You ok with Juulsen, and Lockwood, maybe Klim playing the rest of the way? 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, Paul-walker said:

There are lots of guys on the team we need to get rid of that are taking up too much cap space. Players like ferland, poolman, sutter, Dickinson, Pearson, chaisson, hominic so once we trade these guys we will have plenty to sign our core. What has any of these guys done for our team this yr. Let me know what you think.

I think this is not a proposal.

A proposal would involve other players coming back, in place of the ones you want to be rid of.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Ferly is on LTIR doesn't affect our cap same with Sutter if they were healthy we could really use em too. Pearsons got 7 points in his last 9 games and had a Gordie how hatty lastnight. Poolman is good value at 2.5m. Dickinson has been good on the wing. 

Hammonic and Chiasson can go on waivers. if somebody wants em. We do need to replace Hamonic though.

But these guys aren't the real problem. Our real problem is Casper.

Elias Pettersson's 11 best looks show he's the best-dressed Canuck -  Vancouver Is Awesome

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Ferly is on LTIR doesn't affect our cap same with Sutter if they were healthy we could really use em too. Pearsons got 7 points in his last 9 games and had a Gordie how hatty lastnight. Poolman is good value at 2.5m. Dickinson has been good on the wing. 

Hammonic and Chiasson can go on waivers. if somebody wants em. We do need to replace Hamonic though.

But these guys aren't the real problem. Our real problem is Casper.

Elias Pettersson's 11 best looks show he's the best-dressed Canuck -  Vancouver Is Awesome

When both players were struggling at the beginning of the season, I traded Pastrnak for Pettersson in my Hockey Pool betting that Petey would turn it around….

Still waiting…

skeleton starbucks GIF

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Paul-walker said:

to who and for what?

• Like 2

Somewhat agreed with OP.
Chiasson could be a depth piece to trade in case a playoff team needs a tip and screens guy.
If Di Giuseppe proves he can be a regular and play an effective two-way game, I'd move Dickinson (who's been getting better but is "expensive" given our cap needs).

Pearson's hardly been a problem, he's been a good all-round contributor.
I'd only move one of Poolman or Hamonic -- the other should be retained to play on the 3rd RD (I don't think Burroughs is quite there yet).

6 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

My man really went and made another identical thread an hour later. Gotta admire the commitment. 

I looked at the user name and figured the thread would lack life, or would go out in flames.