The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Toronto Maple Leafs at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 12, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

55 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

OEL has been amazing. 

When our team had no backbone under TG, he would even drop the gloves and get beaten up for guys like Hogz. 

I think hes the most complete dman ive seen in a long time. He's a better version of Hamhuis. 

I agree that OEL is a better player overall than Hamhuis. But Hamhuis was defensively more sound and could utilize his body little more to separate the puck from the puck carrier. OEL's main forte seems to be his stick work. 

OEL seems to be laboring quite a bit when skating and can't seem to accelerate to his full speed. He might be playing injured but still pretty amazing.

14 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

What’s barbaric about battling to get to the net exactly?

Seems to me that’s exactly what this team struggles to do night in night out…

I don’t think Drance is cut out to cover hockey. Curling might be more up his alley.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

It’s nice to practice this but we also need the players to want to get to the net.

Seems like we have too many guys not willing to get their noses dirty.

Remember how hard Bo used to drive the net? I can’t remember the last time he did that. Only player that consistently tries is Miller, and Podz to a lesser extent.

4 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

Good stuff thanks.

Posters whining about the loss of Tanev seem to forget he couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag, and was often left in a heap after being smunched again and again.

Now Big Luke; he goes with the heavyweights and scares the Marchand out of everyone else, and for a quarter what Hair Always In His Eyes makes.

JB had to move on from Markstrom and I feel he also had to let Tanev go to rebuild the defense; sad but true, imo.

Tanev cap wouldn't have hurt us even with 55-65 games a year.    But i do agree, it was time to put both him and Edler to pasture.    OEL/Schenn > then Edler/Tanev?  Probably equal value now at least or close anyways.   Edler will keep playing and each year get cheaper ... Tanev will he actually play the entire season?  70 games way way way back when, was his high bar.   People forget he was injured right at the end of the bubble season by a hit from Anders Lee, he slumped over and left the game.   Was listed week to week - then the pandemic hit.    If the pandemic didn't happen, we'd of had no Markstrom and no Tanev for awhile yet, Demko wasn't playing well ... 

• Like 1