The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at San Jose Sharks | Feb. 17, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

46 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Really liking that Burroughs-Hamonic pair.

They make the simple plays and bring some grit to the bottom pair.

Im thinking Poolman doesn’t have a spot when he’s healthy.

Some big hits too. Wish they had continued with them to wake the team up a bit

Good news about the game.... Demko had a game which when compared to his record was a 'stinker'... and yet he still played well enough to win.

Just shows what high standards he has set.

Damn that Burroughs has a the heart of a lion and great anticipation for laying out the hits... if only he was another 15 lbs heavier.

But he is fighting to play his way into a permanent position as a 6/7 on the team.

49 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Pettersson played well today, not bad.

Yeah he made some funky moves out there, nice play in Overtime, lucky assist on the one goal, ended up with 2 points today.  Needs to generate shots though.  16 sog in his last 12 games

Edited by Kovalchuk

5 minutes ago, Kovalchuk said:

Yeah he made some funky moves out there, nice play in Overtime, lucky assist on the first goal, ended up with 2 points today.  Needs to generate shots though.  16 sog in his last 12 games

He didn't have an assist on the first goal.

He assisted on Garland's goal which was #4 Canuck goal with that nifty footpass out of a pack in the crease... and Miller's OT goal... with a brilliant cross ice pass.

4 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

He didn't have an assist on the first goal.

He assisted on Garland's goal which was #4 Canuck goal with that nifty footpass out of a pack in the crease... and Miller's OT goal... with a brilliant cross ice pass.

Right, I meant his first assist was a lucky one.  He was definitely just falling down and it hit his foot but yeah overtime play was nice

3 hours ago, Odd. said:

I mean dude Horvat was behind the play, and Burns who’s a miniature Chewbacca was tagging him. Surely you can’t expect Horvat to  superman jump the entire scrum while Miller’s already into it.

Horvat sticks up for guys all the time. 

Let's see the film. I must be blind. My only frustration with Horvat is the fact he isn't mean. He doesn't fight and he does not stick up for his teammates. I mean come on he's 6'1 215 he isn't small or going to get hurt. Look at when Podkolzin got decked by Mcnabb... He literally watched it happened, skated away and then came over once OEL skated from his own blue line to jump Mcnabb. Can't even protect his rookie, it's pathetic. 

I'm sorry but I don't want a soft captain if he isn't a dominant offensive player (like H.Sedin was). If you're an average player and soft it rubs off on the rest of the team. They always see the captain do nothing, hence why nothing ever happens. 

• Cheers 3

3 hours ago, Odd. said:

What’s he supposed to do though, go after Couture, Burns, etc? He could have gotten a retaliatory penalty in that crucial stage of the game. He couldn’t physically get to Meier even if he tried to because of the amount of big bodies in front of him. Miller was already taking care of it, Horvat would have stepped up if someone else decided to instigate for sure. 

:lol::lol:

I have more faith in 5'6 Garland 

2 hours ago, Muttley said:

Team---Shots---Hits---Power Play---Face offs

VAN------25------19--------0/4-------------37.7%

SJS------27------28--------2/3-------------62.3%

Lucky to have won.

That's a heavy team over there.. 

I like Highmore's hustle but I'd rather see a banger there to hit defenseman. 

When we hit it means our intensity is up. We got a bit lazy there and let them back in it

We weren't hitting like we have been. 

I felt we let our foot off the gas. 

We need that killer instinct, sweep the leg, no mercy attitude. 

Meier should have been our target. Their game goes through him. 

• Cheers 1

Had to watch on the Sharks feed... oh my Fxxxing head...

Is Baumer back running our collapsing D on the PK again

4th line still a power of good, and Burroughs is ace. Playing with an edge that only Myers and Schenn normally find.

But man... did they ever make hard work of that

PS. Keep the streak going boys...we got this... 

Edited by spook007
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

7 hours ago, MrCanuck94 said:

Seeing Motte get dumped and Miller go after the guy while Bo just stood there... I know trading Miller for a haul is probably the right thing to do but man, he's our heart and soul leader.

I've been trade Miller no matter what to start the season .... to trade Miller is probably the best thing capwise .... but we've also got other guys like Brock Boeser and Garland we could consider ... to maybe Horvat is the guy we should trade (again cap wise)... now i'm starting to think f!ck that, use our one year advantage and just sign Miller (7.5 x 8).     It's not an easy thing - and right now i hate the cap era as a result.   

Edited by IBatch

39 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Had to watch on the Sharks feed... oh my Fxxxing head...

Is Baumer back running our collapsing D on the PK again

4th line still a power of good, and Burroughs is ace. Playing with an edge that only Myers and Schenn normally find.

But man... did they ever make hard work of that

PS. Keep the streak going boys...we got this... 

Sharks feed must of been crap.   Sorry to hear that! 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Kind of frustrating that they don’t seem to be able to put it all together for a game.

Like if they score 4 goals a night and Demko plays like he can they can cruise to alot of wins.

Just need to find that consistency. This team

is capable of winning every night if everyone’s contributing.

Id like to see a convincing win at some point here.

Me too.   

5 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Sharks feed must of been crap.   Sorry to hear that! 

They were going on about Burroughs questionable hit to the head, where he got 2 min for roughing in the first...

It was just non stop blabbing about the Sharks... :sick:

• Haha 2