The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Seattle Kraken at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 21, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1st 10 seconds I thought  it was going to be like that the whole game. Then they fell apart and it was like watching a clown show until the 3rd. Horvat was horrible, but did get a wee bit of redemption for the goal.  Dickenson? C’mon man. Skate hold the puck. Gets a break and just muffs it. 
Dickenson and Horvat can go as far as I’m concerned. 

13 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Brock 

TIME ON ICE FACEOFFS
G
A
+/-
S
SM
BS
PN
PIM
HT
TK
GV
SHFT
TOI
PPTOI
SHTOI
ESTOI
FW
FL
FO%
0 0 -1 3 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 18 16:51 4:53 0:00 11:58 0 0 0.0

I'm sorry to beat a horse here but when Brock doesn't produce he literally does nothing else time and time again straight 0's even when he's producing it's 0's and a goal 0's and and assist. 

It's not enough considering his contract expectations.  

Other than his goal, I didn't think Horvat looked great either again.

Really making it tough to figure out what to do moving forward.

1 minute ago, MrCanuck94 said:

Other than his goal, I didn't think Horvat looked great either again.

Really making it tough to figure out what to do moving forward.

Well, if people think Horvat isn't playing well, why would they advocate moving him?  You don't sell low on a player like Horvat, that's ridiculous

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Well, if people think Horvat isn't playing well, why would they advocate moving him?  You don't sell low on a player like Horvat, that's ridiculous

The same goes for Boeser, though I'm admittedly okay with trading him

If he's struggling this much, do we really get back the kind of value folks are proposing we move him for?

Our players can't be simultaneously awful and worth grade A returns 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Just because they're not playing well doesn't mean they magically lost all their value. Teams have been scouting these players for years, they know what they're getting. Some teams may value Bo and Brock highly and some may not.

Just may be time for us to move on if the fit isn't right, which is up for discussion.

This team clearly needs change and more play drivers within higher $ players.

• Like 1

Just now, Coconuts said:

If he's struggling this much, do we really get back the kind of value folks are proposing we move him for?

Boeser is far more contract related than Bo.  

Just now, MrCanuck94 said:

Just because they're not playing well doesn't mean they magically lost all their value. Teams have been scouting these players for years, they know what they're getting. Some teams may value Bo and Brock highly and some may not.

Just may be time for us to move on if the fit isn't right, which is up for discussion.

This team clearly needs change and more play drivers within higher $ players.

If he's not playing well, which is bink anyway, do you really think teams are t going to offer less?  I think it's moit anyway as Bo carries far too much weight for this team to let him go.

• Cheers 2

Just now, stawns said:

If he's not playing well, which is bink anyway, do you really think teams are t going to offer less?  I think it's moit anyway as Bo carries far too much weight for this team to let him go.

Really? Other than the 'C', what makes Bo untouchable?

It's becoming more and more clear that Miller is the one we can't let go.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

boeser according to cdc is useless when he doesn't get on the score sheet and struggled at times this season.. along with his contract status and that RFA QO hanging in the air.. CDC is expecting teams to line up and offer 1st, B prospect + more :bigblush:.. in reality he's probably worth maybe a player like zacha and a late pick.. which is a great deal for whatever team trades for him and terrible deal for the canucks as they'll need to find a top line winger to play with Miller since everyone is adovating we sign him to his retirement contract. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Viper007 said:

Bo is a playoff performer.  He usually rises up to the challenge when the games are real big.

Hard to worry about playoffs when we're struggling to even make it there.

Again, I like Horvat, I really do, but I wonder if we're getting too attached to some players and it's causing us to stay in mediocrity.

Seeing him be not even close to a difference maker when the team needs him is hard to not notice.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

boeser according to cdc is useless when he doesn't get on the score sheet and struggled at times this season.. along with his contract status and that RFA QO hanging in the air.. CDC is expecting teams to line up and offer 1st, B prospect + more :bigblush:.. in reality he's probably worth maybe a player like zacha and a late pick.. which is a great deal for whatever team trades for him and terrible deal for the canucks as they'll need to find a top line winger to play with Miller since everyone is adovating we sign him to his retirement contract. 

Nailed it, we likely don't get the value back for Boeser we'd have gotten in previous seasons 

Unless he goes on an absolute heater leading up to the deadline we'd be selling low, and even if he does his contract bit likely still hurts his value 

3 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Like I mentioned before, even if they're struggling, guys like Boeser still have value due to their pedigree.

Just because they're not a fit here doesn't mean other GMs won't value them.

We're up against the cap and need to find the pieces we want to move forward with and which ones we need to move to bring in younger assets.

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Nailed it, we likely don't get the value back for Boeser we'd have gotten in previous seasons 

Unless he goes on an absolute heater leading up to the deadline we'd be selling low, and even if he does his contract bit likely still hurts his value 

If management does decide to trade him, it may be risky to wait into the offseason with the whole contractual process.

I don't think his value will be hurt too much based on his pedigree.

Edited by MrCanuck94