The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Seattle Kraken at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 21, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, MrCanuck94 said:

If management does decide to trade him, it may be risky to wait into the offseason with the whole contractual process.

I don't think his value will be hurt too much based on his pedigree.

Eh, pedigree only goes so far when you've had a down season in a contract year, particularly when you've got a significant qualifying offer. If you don't think other GM's won't try to leverage that I don't know what to tell you. 

Will he be worthless? No. Will he be worth less in regards to what we get back for him? Probably.

Canucks fans aren't seeing anything pro scouts and other management teams don't.

8 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Eh, pedigree only goes so far when you've had a down season in a contract year, particularly when you've got a significant qualifying offer. If you don't think other GM's won't try to leverage that I don't know what to tell you. 

Will he be worthless? No. Will he be worth less in regards to what we get back for him? Probably.

Canucks fans aren't seeing anything pro scouts and other management teams don't.

Fair, could hurt a bit for sure, just don't think it would be as much.. but who knows.

Will be exciting to see what direction the management team takes in the near future.

6 minutes ago, MrCanuck94 said:

Fair, could hurt a bit for sure, just don't think it would be as much.. but who knows.

Will be exciting to see what direction the management team takes in the near future.

It's anyone's guess, you've got me there 

Yeah, this next month is going to be extremely interesting and I look forward to it too

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Nailed it, we likely don't get the value back for Boeser we'd have gotten in previous seasons 

Unless he goes on an absolute heater leading up to the deadline we'd be selling low, and even if he does his contract bit likely still hurts his value 

that was evident to some the day his contract was signed

• Haha 1

Shouldn't read too much into this win... Seattle is a bottom feeder... but good bounce back... also important that it gave a couple players boosts to their confidence... especially Thatcher Demko.

Team still showed its bad habits on numerous occasions... their defensive coverage in the zone still consists of a lot of running around.   They really need to get this down... this is an organizational process which they should have by heart.

Every game is an important one... its good they didn't take the Kraken for granted.

2 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

boeser according to cdc is useless when he doesn't get on the score sheet and struggled at times this season.. along with his contract status and that RFA QO hanging in the air.. CDC is expecting teams to line up and offer 1st, B prospect + more :bigblush:.. in reality he's probably worth maybe a player like zacha and a late pick.. which is a great deal for whatever team trades for him and terrible deal for the canucks as they'll need to find a top line winger to play with Miller since everyone is adovating we sign him to his retirement contract. 

If Boeser was traded to a team which has a good powerplay setup and more fluid offensive system where he is the finisher and he could easily get 35 goals a year.  All depends on the team.

Every team needs a triggerman and that is what Boeser is.  His value will remain high.

3 hours ago, Outsiders said:

Petey is in alien form

Pearson and Dickinson need to go. Both suck. Throw Hamonic in there as well he's terrible. 

On the fence about trading Boeser. Love his shot and pure goal scorers are hard to find... But god is he slow and useless if he's not scoring.

Podz even though he scored tonight looks tired. He is also another player i'd like to see up the physicality. too soft right now

wait... what ? 

ok with Pearson (although he had an ok game) and obviously with Dickinson. 
but Hamonic ? i really like what he brings, he skates well, he's tough to play against, man we don't have a guy like that in our roster, while being at the right price tag. he's a keeper. 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Not up to our team though.  Miller will be a UFA n 2023.  Can we afford to lose him for nothing, when trading him now could return key assets to the next decade?  

He's stated he's open to staying, plus if the team plans on competing at some point in the next two seasons not only will we need to replace him which likely means surrendering a ton of assets we don't have or overpaying in UFA.

TBH based on the moves JR and his AGM made in Pitts I fully expect us to get completely bent over on any trades regardless.

Not to be a downer but take a look at the Pens under JR, the guy made truly God awful trades and I fully expect us to have Kap and Matheson at the expense of Brock.

Hope I'm wrong.

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

boeser according to cdc is useless when he doesn't get on the score sheet and struggled at times this season.. along with his contract status and that RFA QO hanging in the air.. CDC is expecting teams to line up and offer 1st, B prospect + more :bigblush:.. in reality he's probably worth maybe a player like zacha and a late pick.. which is a great deal for whatever team trades for him and terrible deal for the canucks as they'll need to find a top line winger to play with Miller since everyone is adovating we sign him to his retirement contract. 

Like you said down season still pacing for 26 goals. Team needs to find a playmaker for him if he's not going to play with Petey. 

The guy is a sniper and finisher and people are upset because he's not a play driver, well duh.

Let's move him and have even more guys who don't belong in the top six.

Bruce there it is.... Bruce there it is...

Nice with a win and a few goals to go along... 

4th line are on a roll... really liking the chemistry between them. Lammikko, what a surprise... 

PS. Quinn Hughes still looks about 15 years old :)

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 2