The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gadjovich Fights Deslauries

Rate this topic

wildcam

On 2/23/2022 at 10:44 AM, BCNate said:

Gadjovich is garbage, and will be on waivers many times in his career.  He has 2 points this season and plays 8 minutes every second game.  Benning was correct in waiving him, as we have no room in the lineup for him.

Same goes for MacEwan.  Fans like guys who fight, doesn't mean they are good, or worth a roster spot.

Honest question, who comes out of the lineup for these guys and their combined 6 points.

It's his rookie season and Gadj is bound to improve. Your assessment is way to harsh.

To answer your question...... Chaisson 

43 minutes ago, GB5 said:

It's his rookie season and Gadj is bound to improve. Your assessment is way to harsh.

To answer your question...... Chaisson 

He was drafted 5 years ago, and is playing 8 mins every second night, with little to no production or impact.  How is he getting better with that type of deployment?

He is an AHL/NHL tweener who is very replaceable, and will likely be on waivers many times.

Chaiasson isn't in our lineup anymore.  Our 4th line is Motte-Lammikko-Highmore, and our 3rd line is a mix of Pod, Pearson, Hog, Dickinson.  Who comes out of there for Gadjovich?

I get he was liked by the fans, but trying to waive him and develop him in the AHL was the right move.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, hammertime said:

Gads on the powerplay infront of the net is better than Brock. I said it. Neither can skate both terrible 5v5. If we deployed Gad like we deploy Brock he'd score 30 and protect Pete Hughes. Give Gadjo a couple years and circle around. 

Bunk. Gadjovich scored a lot of goals in junior from in front of the net and not so much with an overpowering shot. He also had Nick Suzuki feeding him the puck. Brock can hammer the puck and is a legitimate sniper. Brock has averaged 22 goals per season over the last five years and is part of the Vancouver power play. Gadjovich does not play on the power play and the only way he scores 30 is if he goes to the AHL or maybe even the ECHL. Overall, it kind of boggles the mind that there are people who think that what Vancouver needs is a big guy in Gadjovich who can fight as much as he does, given he only sees the ice for 6-8 minutes a night. These same people would be all over coaching and management if they consistently dressed a guy who was a designated tough guy who plays 8 minutes a night and never scores.

2 hours ago, BCNate said:

He was drafted 5 years ago, and is playing 8 mins every second night, with little to no production or impact.  How is he getting better with that type of deployment?

He is an AHL/NHL tweener who is very replaceable, and will likely be on waivers many times.

Chaiasson isn't in our lineup anymore.  Our 4th line is Motte-Lammikko-Highmore, and our 3rd line is a mix of Pod, Pearson, Hog, Dickinson.  Who comes out of there for Gadjovich?

I get he was liked by the fans, but trying to waive him and develop him in the AHL was the right move.

Chaisson is still.in the lineup as the 13th forward. He has not been waived to the AHL thus he is still part of this team.

Having a player like Gadj to rest against physical teams or as an injury/covid replacement seems like a good idea.

Gadj improved leaps and bounds in his last AHL season which makes me think he is capable of improving in the NHL as well.

On 2/22/2022 at 9:57 PM, Alflives said:

Gads can’t skate.  Never should draft guys who skate like Gads.  Very VERY slow feet.  It’s like he’s skating in mud.  Lucia is a million times the better skater.  Gads doesn’t even have straight line NHL skating.  

Yep agreed, He can fight but his feet are in quick sand and he can't read the game at all at the NHL level. He's a complete pedestrian out there. I'm glad we didn't waste a spot to hide this guy on the roster. He's borderline useless, surely JR and co can find a better hockey player than that.

On 2/22/2022 at 10:04 PM, wildcam said:

Well if he was that slow and bad he wouldn't play in NHL

Well he plays on the crappy Sharks and has only dressed in 28 games and has 2 measly assists. They have injured players and kids in Europe they would play over him in as well.

On 2/23/2022 at 12:38 AM, DeNiro said:

Did he finally figure out that he needed to work on his skating?

See big mistake, we could have just hid Gadj on the roster for 4 or 5 years until he figured out how to play NHL hockey. :P

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Like 1

On 2/24/2022 at 2:02 AM, Drakrami said:

Gadjovich is young, 23, and drafted in the 2nd round. If we never ease in young prospects into the lineup we wouldn't have discovered Burrows who turned out to be a 30 goal scorer. Gadjovich already have the grit department set, which is good enough for 4th line crash and bang duty 8-9 minutes a game. 

Losing him is losing great depth, a loss for the organization no matter how you want to spin it. 

You don't just look at your roster and play the youngest players no matter what. They actually have to be able to play hockey. It's not remotely close to losing great depth. It's a middling second rounder that's aging out his ELC and can barely contribute at the NHL level. Some people hate Green so much they try to pretend Gadjovich is some massive prospect instead of a dying out breed of hockey player that doesn't score at all, can't skate, can't PK, and fights every once in awhile. Big whoop lol.

I'd imagine if Gadj and Chiasson are on the same NHL team Chiasson gets more starts, he's currently the better player in almost every facet of the game. 

Edited by Gawdzukes

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

You don't just look at your roster and play the youngest players no matter what. They actually have to be able to play hockey. It's not remotely close to losing great depth. It's a middling second rounder that's aging out his ELC and can barely contribute at the NHL level. Some people hate Green so much they try to pretend Gadjovich is some massive prospect instead of a dying out breed of hockey player that doesn't score at all, can't skate, can't PK, and fights every once in awhile. Big whoop lol.

I'd imagine if Gadj and Chiasson are on the same NHL team Chiasson gets more starts, he's currently the better player in almost every facet of the game. 

lol

1) I never said play the youngest player lol, are you ok? 

2) Apparently SJS is playing Gadjovich on the 4th line, yes we lost great depth. 

3) Gadjovich is not some prospect we have seen and tried like Gaunce and moved on from. He is a prospect we hardly saw and gave any chance to who scored 15 goals in 19 AHL games last season. 

4) Chiasson is slow, make boneheaded plays and hardly does anything except for screening the net some times. Boudreau even avoids playing him. The only reason he is on the team because someone in Green's camp thinks we should copy Oiler's powerplay and reap off their success. This is why you see him on PP1 for the first 15 games. 

• Vintage 1

On 2/22/2022 at 11:07 PM, DeNiro said:

Deslauriers plays that role and actually chips in offensively once and awhile.

We need someone that can contribute when they’re not dropping the mitts. Either offensively or on the pk.

That’s the type of players we need to target.

Losing Gadj to me was very disappointing.   Seriously why Chiasson over Gadjs?   I'm sure Bruce would be happy to have him on our team.   Was having a great pre-season too.   Gadjs will keep working on his tools because he's got that drive going for him.   Wouldn't surprise me at all if he played 400-500 games in this league and this won't age well. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/26/2022 at 2:32 PM, Drakrami said:

lol

1) I never said play the youngest player lol, are you ok? 

2) Apparently SJS is playing Gadjovich on the 4th line, yes we lost great depth. 

3) Gadjovich is not some prospect we have seen and tried like Gaunce and moved on from. He is a prospect we hardly saw and gave any chance to who scored 15 goals in 19 AHL games last season. 

4) Chiasson is slow, make boneheaded plays and hardly does anything except for screening the net some times. Boudreau even avoids playing him. The only reason he is on the team because someone in Green's camp thinks we should copy Oiler's powerplay and reap off their success. This is why you see him on PP1 for the first 15 games. 

Imagine if Gadj got that PP time instead?  Or Motte or Hogs or Pearson...good grief. 

On 2/23/2022 at 7:06 PM, wildcam said:

Whining not at all? Stating we are a soft team and need toughness..Look at the heavy team when they play Vancouver we are so soft..'

Keeping Chiasson 31 slow as can be over a young energy tough guy that can be in lineup against the heavy teams..Gadjovich 23, 6'2, 210 still improving and is not as bad of a skater as all you people say? If Gadjovich was that bad he would not be in the NHL????

I guess you like watching this Canucks team get pushed around..

Look out tomorrow night against Calgary such a big heavy team..Lucic has to be one of the slowest skaters in league???

Oh he adds toughness right right...How about big Gudbranson, Ritchie, Lucic, very big slow guys but add lots of toughness and grit...

For sure you need in playoffs...

This did not age well.