The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gadjovich Fights Deslauries

Rate this topic

wildcam

5 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

Kid's fought 6 times already this season. Some grit we are sorely missing. 

Deslauriers plays that role and actually chips in offensively once and awhile.

We need someone that can contribute when they’re not dropping the mitts. Either offensively or on the pk.

That’s the type of players we need to target.

• Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Well if he was that slow and bad he wouldn't play in NHL

He's barely playing. He averages 8:38 per game, dead last of any Shark with 10+ games and has 2 points in 27 games.

Not lying, I would love his physical presence, but the role he fills is largely a relic of the past and very few players have such a singular physical role in today's NHL.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

You can see why the Sharks put Lane Pederson on waivers after they picked up Dzingel, instead of Gadjovich.  I kinda wish it had been the other way around, just so we could have claimed Gadjovich back.  But ss others have said, as much as I admire Gad's fighting, I don't know if he can skate anywhere near well enough to play on an energy line for Boudreau (let alone to displace one of our current 4th liners).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

You can see why the Sharks put Lane Pederson on waivers after they picked up Dzingel, instead of Gadjovich.  I kinda wish it had been the other way around, just so we could have claimed Gadjovich back.  But ss others have said, as much as I admire Gad's fighting, I don't know if he can skate anywhere near well enough to play on an energy line for Boudreau (let alone to displace one of our current 4th liners).

Hes not displacing Motte or Lammikko. So its either Gadj or Highmore 

3 hours ago, Borderline Canuck said:

On another note, Brenden Gaunce scored his 3rd goal in 7 games for the Blue Jackets tonight.

Should never had let Gaunce go........................................................................................................./s 

Good for Gaunce though.

Edited by spook007
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, bigbadcanucks said:

You can't have all Ferraris and Porches in the fleet...you need a heavy duty truck (preferably with duelies - maybe the new electric Hummer), a nice reliant automobile (something like a Honda Accord) or a Toyota Camry), a minivan (Honda Odyssey or Toyota Sienna are my choices), a full size SUV like a Toyota Forerunner, a mini SUV like an Acura RDX or a BMW X3, a compact/fuel efficient car like the Honda Civic, and a PEV like a Tesla.

It's like Jon Cooper described his third and fourth liners...you need a good truck to get you through the mud.  That's what Gadjovich could have been for the Canucks, but no...Benning thought the washed up Chiasson was a better option.

Green had the say in rosters.