The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at New Jersey Devils | Feb. 28, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

7.5 years since the last win against the devils.. i wonder when we will exorcise the devil.. this is especially sad coz the devil are a rebuilding team lol.

To be fair we’ve been a rebuilding team for the bulk of that stretch too it’s an odd battle of futility. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

The reality is retooling our brutal defence and PK is the real key to success. Even the Seattle game they were hemmed in by a mediocre team missing Tanev and Schwartz. That is not a recipe for success. 

I understand there are areas we need to improve on. You are bang on but that may not happen till the off-season depending how the deadline goes. Right now Demko needs the net to win games.

Unless it’s 3 games in 4 nights. It should be Demkos net. It’s easy to give up and say no playoffs but that’s not how the team should run. If we sell at deadline then sure start Halak all ya want 

• Vintage 1

Terrible. 

First time I'm second guessing BB. It was obvious to me that we start Demko today esp when next game is 3 days away in virtually the same city. 

This team goes as Demko goes. 

No point in giving Halak any reps. 

At this point, ride Demko until TDL. 

Just awful. 

Also is Boeser gonna wake up? 

At least with Petey, i had confidence he'd bust out of his slump. 

Boeser on the other hand.... 

Worse defensive awareness than Petey, worse skater, less drive. 

He was so much better last year... 

• Like 2

Just now, Devron said:

I understand there are areas we need to improve on. You are bang on but that may not happen till the off-season depending how the deadline goes. Right now Demko needs the net to win games.

Unless it’s 3 games in 4 nights. It should be Demkos net. It’s easy to give up and say no playoffs but that’s not how the team should run. If we sell at deadline then sure start Halak all ya want 

Not a fan of over working the starter imo Demko has already played too much at this rate as is. 

Team needs to give their balls a tug and play for their back up when he’s in net. You can’t rely on the goalie to bail you out 70+ games a year. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

This game really frustrates me.  We were in a position to make a climb for that wildcard spot and this would have been an excellent opportunity to get the 2 points.  This team always seems to lose “must wins” when it matters most.  Good teams or wildcard playoff teams aren’t this inconsistent.  As for Halak, I’d drive him to the airport….

2 minutes ago, CanucksCountry said:

After tonight, Halak's SV% will become .876, good for the third last place among goalies who have played at least 6 games, I don't know how you can defend him by simply saying the team is bad in front of him

Before the last 2 games he had a .915 sv% and the team barely scored 1-2 goals per game he started. 

2 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Terrible. 

First time I'm second guessing BB. It was obvious to me that we start Demko today esp when next game is 3 days away in virtually the same city. 

This team goes as Demko goes. 

No point in giving Halak any reps. 

At this point, ride Demko until TDL. 

Just awful. 

Also is Boeser gonna wake up? 

At least with Petey, i had confidence he'd bust out of his slump. 

Boeser on the other hand.... 

Worse defensive awareness than Petey, worse skater, less drive. 

He was so much better last year... 

if we can only win with Demko in net, I think that pretty much says enough. They aren’t a good team.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Not a fan of over working the starter imo Demko has already played too much at this rate as is. 

Team needs to give their balls a tug and play for their back up when he’s in net. You can’t rely on the goalie to bail you out 70+ games a year. 

Normally I would agree but there was a 2 week break up this year. Hasn’t stopped Calgary from playing Markstrom. A guy that we thought couldn’t play too much 

2 minutes ago, MNaslund?? said:

This game really frustrates me.  We were in a position to make a climb for that wildcard spot and this would have been an excellent opportunity to get the 2 points.  This team always seems to lose “must wins” when it matters most.  Good teams or wildcard playoff teams aren’t this inconsistent.  As for Halak, I’d drive him to the airport….

Yes, well I think we aren’t a good or wildcard team so that answers your question.