The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Hoglander for Zadina

8 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Everyone knows Hoglander has the skill but has struggled mightily in his sophmore season and in particular he seems to not be in coach Boudreau's good books. Nils is still very young, but with Garland on the team and signed with term maybe we can move Hoglander to Detroit who loves their Swedes as well and get Zadina?

Zadina was a top pick, foolishly but thankfully taken before Quinn Hughes. He is about 6' tall and  around 195lbs, a winger with good speed and from eliteprospects he sounds like he is a decent skater, something our new management team has spoken about improving time and time again.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/236471/filip-zadina 

I am not sure if Yzerman would do that deal straight up or not though. How does CDC feel about it...probably not a fan I assume!?

Zadina was just a player that popped into my head that was struggling and underperforming who might do we with a change of scenary.

Might be worth it, might not, but the Canucks should give Hoglander more time imo. His issues aren't from a lack of effort. They're things he can and will learn and develop. He's only 21, and could proabably use a full Boudreau training camp. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

Most I would do is Hog, Rathbone and a 3rd. 

even then I'm not all that thrilled. If we're moving Rathbone I'd rather it be for another stay at home dman with some size.

On 3/2/2022 at 6:27 PM, DontMessMe said:

Most I would do is Hog, Rathbone and a 3rd. 

I wouldn't honestly. lol

We don't even know if Zadina's going to bounce back at this point. He obviously could still and become a great player, but Hogs and Rathbone also could become great players. This also doesn't even take into account that Rathbone's a defender and we need defenders more than we need offense.

I just don't think this makes sense for us.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

Again, if we trade this player wede be selling low. 

Way to soon to give up on hoglander.  

Plus the fact Hoglander is a gym rat, the guy's in crazy shape and has major skills to boot, hang on. He's only going to get better. 

Edited by BarnBurner

I am a fan of Hogz game. He plays with speed, tenacity and with time, will become a Yanni Gourde type player for us. (A tough pest who can skate, score and get under the oppositions skin). My vote is to keep him around.