The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Toronto Maple Leafs | Mar. 05, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

24 minutes ago, KFan said:

It seems he can be that in the playoffs, but he's nowhere right now when we need him to get there.  

Likely playing the role that the coach is asking of him, like Petey is. 

Do YOU know what that is?

Perhaps there’s a lot away from the puck, like taking some extra turns in the face-off circle, shadowing players or standing infront of the net & absorbing  some extra-punishment for it. 

They are winning at a decent clip here, and you complain about one cog in the machine. A necessary one. 

In Bruce - I trust.

Bo & JT are put out in virtually every SO situation & both show equal measures of success. 

Back of the ‘noise’, this team isn’t perfect but they are playing a new system with new guys and have been 7-3-0 in their last 10. That’s the same winning percentage under Bruce’s entire tenure here, so far, since the coaching change…& I’ll take that! 

• Cheers 4

2 hours ago, -DLC- said:

What we're seeing here is a team that really wants to get into the playoffs. That 3rd period showed us exactly that.

Are they inconsistent as hell? Yep. But they're learning not to be. Confidence does a lot for that end of things. They don't roll over and die when they very well could. Road games aren't easy and we have to give credit where it's due.

If you don't have faith in this team, that's fine. But I think they do and that's what matters most. They just could surprise some people here.

It's pretty clear that this was a playoff bubble roster since day 1, and probably should have been able to make it.

If we somehow do sneak in, I'd look out for this team - it would take a pretty special group to salvage this season, and that team could have a ton of momentum on its side.

If we don't make it, that's on Green and Benning. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, eeeeergh said:

Wdym?

The way they get out of the zone is all different - I never saw that chip off the glass play under Green
They go north WAY faster under Boudreau, under Green the D would pass it back and forth a bunch of times and they'd slowly try to move it forward
Forecheck under green sent in like 1 guy who would inevitably lose

And I can remember 1 too many men on the ice penalty under Boudreau, we took like 6-7 that I remember under Green

Lets face it - the coaching was absolutely fking horrendous

Yes. If we look back at the decent sample size under Green, we don't see a winning record, regardless of the rosters that he (Green) helped assemble. Yes, he had a voice in all those rosters. And we see poor results, including this season, of which the roster is completely intact.

Green is not an NHL calibre coach.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 4

1 hour ago, viking mama said:

Boeser’s dad is ill & in declining health.

I think if he has the desire to move on to a playing situation in Minny, to be closer to home, that it would be a very natural inclination.

Shouldn’t be faulting him or his agent(s) for pursuing that, one bit. 

This is the type of thing we often forget as fans. Players have their own lives and family too to think about.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, nergish said:

It's pretty clear that this was a playoff bubble roster since day 1, and probably should have been able to make it.

If we somehow do sneak in, I'd look out for this team - it would take a pretty special group to salvage this season, and that team could have a ton of momentum on its side.

If we don't make it, that's on Green and Benning. 

And in many ways, the paradox is that if we do make it it’s because of Benning. Sorry Travis, not you though, haha

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Great game by Demko!  Good to see Motte get the empty netter. His line worked their tail off again.

Pearson had the great stick to prevent Matthews from tying the game in the last minute or so.  Besides the usual suspects (Miller, Petterson, Hughes) who had very good games, the heart and grit guys  like Pearson, Podz, Bo and Chiasson were real solid.

Other than coffing up the puck on the Leafs goal, Boeser had a good game too.

The D played good too. A solid team effort. They’ve done well on this road trip. The boys deserve a few days off.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, igorwasgreat said:

Our defence is still our weak link , it needs to be addressed if we are going to move forward. The price for that , I have no idea. 
Green is gone , let him go already

Our defense can be weak but it’s a team game and we did well tonight.

• Thanks 1

Canucks would be so much better if they did not struggle so much trying to clear the puck out of their zone. I hate when they get hemmed in for minutes at a time. 
Thought Demko was going to keel over a few times. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2