The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Tuesday March 15 New Jersey Devils(22-32-5) @ Vancouver Canucks(29-24-7) at 7:00 PDST in Rogers Arena and on SNP TV and 650AM.

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I’m not gonna criticize too much cause obviously losing Petey is tough but Hunt quarterbacking a powerplay? Is that the best we can do?

Can we not have Garland on the first unit and drop OEL down to the second so at least they have someone who can distribute the puck?

Yeah it's odd.

I thought the obvious thing was to move Miller to where Petey is. He has a decent one timer. Get Miller and Garly to make plays from half wall. Switch up Horvat and Boeser to set up Boeser for shot from the slot depending on who is making the play with the puck Miller or Garland.

Horvat

Garland-Boeser-Miller

Hughes

I guess without Garland, that #2PP isn't any more threatening than our PK so maybe that's the reasoning?

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, khay said:

Yeah it's odd.

I thought the obvious thing was to move Miller to where Petey is. He has a decent one timer. Get Miller and Garly to make plays from half wall. Switch up Horvat and Boeser to set up Boeser for shot from the slot depending on who is making the play with the puck Miller or Garland.

Horvat

Garland-Boeser-Miller

Hughes

I guess without Garland, that #2PP isn't any more threatening than our PK so maybe that's the reasoning?

The second unit is just used for garbage time anyways, there’s very little chance they’re gonna score.

I would use that unit as a kind of audition for players looking to move up to the first unit. Put guys like Hoglander and Podkolzin out there and see what they can do.

I hope Bruce keeps the 4th line together the whole game. You're not going to create offense on other lines with any of those guys and you're messing up your most consistent line. Leave it alone. My only real complaint with him so far, gets the blender going every night it seems. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Nic Petan is such a frustrating player to watch. He has the talent to be like Garland, but he does... almost nothing. From the Abby games I've seen he looks like he'd rather pad his stats than win games. Taking shots from behind the goal line when he has guys open in front, holding the puck for far too long and floating in the defensive zone. Make no mistake, when he's on, he's the most dominant player on the ice because he's so dynamic, but I haven't seen enough instances of that to be overly impressed with him. It's the same criticism as when he was drafted, so I think at this point he is what he is. 

Of course now that I say that he's going to get a hattrick and subsequently lead us to a Stanley Cup. 

• Cheers 2

23 minutes ago, Filthymitts32 said:

I hope Bruce keeps the 4th line together the whole game. You're not going to create offense on other lines with any of those guys and you're messing up your most consistent line. Leave it alone. My only real complaint with him so far, gets the blender going every night it seems. 

Yep, I was annoyed when he broke up that line last game.

Those guys are so good at preventing clean breakouts, Bruce should keep them together.