The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Sharks re-sign Tomas Hertl

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Yup, I've got an inkling a lot of folks around here are going to be shocked by the numbers he gets if he does re-sign.

Will definitely cause a divide between some fans on his value, and also how they view the new mgmt 

• Vintage 2

Just now, shiznak said:

I think you just answered your own question.

You can’t compare RFAs contracts to UFAs contracts.

RFAs have little leverage in negotiations. Whereas, the UFAs could finish up their current contract and go to the highest bidder in free agency.

Correct. More comparing players. Maybe jumped the gun on the comment. Someone’s gotta jump on it though lol

9 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Will definitely cause a divide between some fans on his value, and also how they view the new mgmt 

Oh definitely, some fans seem to open to retaining him at all costs and there are going to be those who balk at what he'll command. 

With greater pay comes greater expectations, if he's re-signed and doesn't play like a 9M+ player most of his contract if he's signed to that than fans will turn on him too.

Edited by Coconuts

13 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Oh definitely, some fans seem to open to retaining him at all costs and there are going to be those who balk at what he'll command. 

But whats the actual plan to replace him if we don't re-sign him? 

1 minute ago, tas said:

he could also be anointed the next pope. there's no use thinking about things that aren't going to happen. 

How much would we post, and talk about, if not a lot of made up (unbelievable with no chance of happening) craperolla?  

• Cheers 1

Just now, JM_ said:

We trade him for a guy who will in 3 or 4 years (hopefully) become close to as good as Miller is now.  Who out there could actually become that guy?  He would have to grow into a top 5 player in the league.  Hmmm.  I think we should keep Miller, because the  names mentioned in rumour (Lafreniere etc) ain't never gonna be Miller. 

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, tas said:

he could also be anointed the next pope. there's no use thinking about things that aren't going to happen. 

aho, kotkaniemi 

…but I guess I imagined those.

Edited by RWJC
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

We trade him for a guy who will in 3 or 4 years (hopefully) become close to as good as Miller is now.  Who out there could actually become that guy?  He would have to grow into a top 5 player in the league.  Hmmm.  I think we should keep Miller, because the  names mentioned in rumour (Lafreniere etc) ain't never gonna be Miller. 

I think you just hit "crapperola" on your bingo card. You're right, there are very few options to fill the gaping hole at C he leave. We can't even find a RHC to replace Sutter. 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Apparently Harley Race was a real tough SOB outside the industry too. If he felt you were too stiff, you paid a price.

Was there better wrastling (WWF) than the 90's early 2000's?  So many great characters, who were super entertaining and funny too.  

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, JM_ said:

That's tough, I don't have a concrete answer for that

But I am comfortable going into next season with Pettersson and Horvat as per top two center's if it means we can bolster other areas 

Horvat likely hits 25 goals this year 

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

That's tough, I don't have a concrete answer for that

But I am comfortable going into next season with Pettersson and Horvat as per top two center's if it means we can bolster other areas 

Horvat likely hits 25 goals this year 

the thing for me is, we don't even know if we can afford to clear off the mediocre cap hits JB left us. I just don't want to move Miller AND have that inefficient cap too.