The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Buffalo Sabres at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 20, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

The absolute worst part of all this is that JR/PA are now negotiating from a point of weakness.  Other teams know we wanna dump our guys now.  

Really? It doesn't have to be "now" for most players. As Alvin said, a lot of the decisions can be postponed during the summer, no? The only real exception is Motte. 

• Vintage 1

Just now, Vinny in Vancouver said:

Really? It doesn't have to be "now" for most players. As Alvin said, a lot of the decisions can be postponed during the summer, no? The only real exception is Motte. 

True, but it seems TDL is when contenders really overpay

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

We continue to be in the worst position. 19-21. Not bad, not good enough. Yet people talk about keeping the team together. So ridiculous. I am hoping for some moves tomorrow. They have them a chance but they aren’t close.

Who’s talking about keeping the team together?

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Yeah I don't think anyone is talking about keeping the team together anymore after losses to Detroit and Buffalo...

There are certain players we should keep but I don’t know how or why someone would think that’s keeping the team together lol

There should be trades tomorrow. At least a couple and probably im the off-season 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

Not blaming Demko, but when he's average this team sure looks bad. 

Says a lot about the team in front of him really. If you need your goaltender to stand on his head every night in order to have a chance of winning you're not a very good team. 

He's covered a lot of warts and flaws for this team this season due to his play, and it's all rather apparent when he's anything less than spectacular. 

I know Miller's been flashy and put up points, but Demko is easily this team's MVP this season. Without him we're in the basement. Miller would still put up points on a losing team. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

This next 7 game stretch is tough as hell. On the road to start with a back to back with Colorado then Minny, on then to Dallas in a 4 night span. Then we face the Blues then come home to face the Blues again the play the Golden Knights and go to Vegas to play the Golden Knights again.

Edited by Junkyard Dog

32 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

I'm sorry but selling everyone but Petey and Hughes so we can compete when these guys turn 30 and Demko is past his prime is not the way.  Retooling is the only way and this team is overall good just on a poor slide.

This team can compete for a playoff clinch, but it isn't built as a cup contender.  There is a very big difference between the two.

Setting ourselves up for 2-3 years down the road, and retooling so we can try to make the playoffs every year also has a vast difference.

We've seen what the latter does for the past decade, how much more do we need to experiment?