The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Golden Knights trade Evgenii Dadonov, conditional 2023 2nd-round pick to Ducks for Ryan Kesler, John Moore (VOIDED)

19 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

My understanding is when Stone and Martinez are healthy they HAVE to activate them. 
So thats where they'd be punished i hope.

Or watch them waive good players or get robbed in a trade, also a reasonable consequence.

Yes this is all true. My point was just that they're not healthy yet, so punishment is not due yet. They will likely waive or trade someone...

3 minutes ago, BPA said:

Vegas needs the $5M off their books to activate Martinez so they can’t retain salary at all.

Isn't the rule any team must activate a player coming of LTIR once the player is cleared to play?  Clearly the Vegas Doctors are as honest and  trustworthy as the  club.  Total bunch  of lying cheating bastards.  it's going to be funny to watch their rink be empty as their team declines.  They don't  have any true hockey fans.  Just another joke location for hockey.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, BigTramFan said:

Yes this is all true. My point was just that they're not healthy yet, so punishment is not due yet. They will likely waive or trade someone...

Sure the Vegas doctors are to be trusted. Probably those botox doctors.  Joke of  a loser city.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Isn't the rule any team must activate a player coming of LTIR once the player is cleared to play?  Clearly the Vegas Doctors are as honest and  trustworthy as the  club.  Total bunch  of lying cheating bastards.  it's going to be funny to watch their rink be empty as their team declines.  They don't  have any true hockey fans.  Just another joke location for hockey.  

Yes once cleared to play.

But Martinez is probably “close to” returning. :rolleyes:

Hence the need for a trade.  Vegas probably wants him back sooner than later as Vegas has been losing lately.  Getting back a top D would be a boost for them.

32 minutes ago, BPA said:

Yes once cleared to play.

But Martinez is probably “close to” returning. :rolleyes:

Hence the need for a trade.  Vegas probably wants him back sooner than later as Vegas has been losing lately.  Getting back a top D would be a boost for them.

And the doctors who make the decision when a guy is ready work for whom exaclty?  The doctors are as slimy as the club and the city.  Total losers all around.  

So watching snet after the game and they say vegas wanted to activate stone and Martinez off ir but don't have the cap

room. Is that not clear cap circumvention. How can they have 13 mil ready to play but Don't have the space. Would that not put them over the cap with the salaries of  the players coming off ltir. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

I think he can play but not in playoffs. 

It's unclear so I'm not sure but i listen to Jeff Marek show in the background and him and Elliot Friedman were discussing this earlier today.

Can't play at all.  Players have to be on the team's reserve list at the TDL to be able to play the remainder of the season whether regular games or playoffs.  

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I thought they retained in the original Anaheim deal.

Maybe I read it wrong.

They didn't retain but took back Moore's buried 1.625M cap hit. 

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

If that trade was there wouldn’t they have just done it at the deadline instead of taking a bad contract and giving up a pick?

I don’t think Arizona can afford Dadonov. Maybe if Vegas pays a first and retains 2/3 salary.

Maximum retention is 50% and likely not something Vegas wants to do because of that extra year - with everyone healthy next season they are going to have to clear cap.   The cost was likely higher with Arizona.

Edited by mll

1 hour ago, Nuckthepuck said:

So watching snet after the game and they say vegas wanted to activate stone and Martinez off ir but don't have the cap

room. Is that not clear cap circumvention. How can they have 13 mil ready to play but Don't have the space. Would that not put them over the cap with the salaries of  the players coming off ltir. 

The team has no choice but to activate guys from LTIR when the guy is cleared to play.  It’s not about wanting to do it; they have to do it.  The Vegas doctors will not okay Stone and Martinez until the club clears cap.  Their doctors, like their team and city, are scum 

31 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The team has no choice but to activate guys from LTIR when the guy is cleared to play.  It’s not about wanting to do it; they have to do it.  The Vegas doctors will not okay Stone and Martinez until the club clears cap.  Their doctors, like their team and city, are scum 

They also have Pacioretty, Lehner, Reilly Smith, McNabb on IR - if their injuries linger they could be moved to LTIR.  Lehner will apparently need off-season surgery on his shoulder and also has a 5M cap hit - they could advance the timeline given how much they've struggled lately.  Vegas are slipping out of the playoff picture and are 3-7-0 over their last 10 games. 

56 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is there nothing set up where league doctors can evaluate these players and deem them healthy enough to come off the LTIR? If not, I find it ludicrous that they would trust team doctors on this. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

That's what I'm getting at. It's clear by the trade they attempted to make that those players are ready to go. If the trade had gone through as planned I'm confident vegas would of activated both of them but it didn't so how can they remain on ltir. Other teams should seriously be questioning this move. That system is not meant to stash players away that are healthy, those cap hits should be applied to Vegas's cap right now which would put them so far over its rediculous. Tampa last year was shady about it but at no point did they try and pull something like this so atleast their injuries looked legit. The knights just tried to pull one over and it backfired, by no means should they be allowed to keep them out of the lineup they should have to be cap compliant with those players or be penalized this is clear circumvention,

Edited by Nuckthepuck

1 hour ago, Tower102 said:

Is there nothing set up where league doctors can evaluate these players and deem them healthy enough to come off the LTIR? If not, I find it ludicrous that they would trust team doctors on this. 

The league investigates all LTIR cases and there are consequent penalties if a team tries to circumvent the cap.

• Cheers 1