The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Next Up - Boeser -- Re-Sign or Trade

Rate this topic

HKSR

How Much Will Boeser Get?  

226 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 3/22/2022 at 11:22 PM, khay said:

OK so there's some misunderstanding. My apologies if I misunderstood.

What I was saying is that at the TDL he had trade value. We could have retained cap and send him to a contender for a 1st rounder as a rental.

That's same next year. Worst case, we QO him in the summer, retain 50% and get a 1st rounder or a prospect from a contender at next TDL as long as Boeser puts up number similar to what he put up this season or better.

So he has value.

And you are saying, he has no value because the TDL is over. To that I say, of course! TDL is over and no one can be traded.

Players can still be traded; they just can't play any more this season or this year's playoffs.

EDIT:  Sorry about piling on; I should have read the rest of the thread before chirping off.

Edited by Goal:thecup

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

too many similarities for me in style, and he's not a favourite of Boudreau's. I want to trade him before he's a regular healthy scratch next year. 

Yeah, he kind of reminds me of the Oilers Eberle or Ehlers comparable.  He's definitely that guy

that will pot +25 goals each season, but doesn't play the other parts of the game.  Oiler Eberle

and Ehlers were/are $6m, so hopefully they can get him re-signed with an appropriate contract.

If he's to be traded, I would be hoping for:  Brock + Hogs + ? for Crouse and Soderstrom.  That

would be kind of mean to send our boys to Phoenix, but that's hockey. The Devils and Kings

might go for a trade as well.

37 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Yeah, he kind of reminds me of the Oilers Eberle or Ehlers comparable.  He's definitely that guy

that will pot +25 goals each season, but doesn't play the other parts of the game.  Oiler Eberle

and Ehlers were/are $6m, so hopefully they can get him re-signed with an appropriate contract.

If he's to be traded, I would be hoping for:  Brock + Hogs + ? for Crouse and Soderstrom.  That

would be kind of mean to send our boys to Phoenix, but that's hockey. The Devils and Kings

might go for a trade as well.

If AZ would build around a Crouse for Hoglander + deal I'd be very happy with that. I don't know what the "+" has to be though, a 1st is a lot. But that apparently is the ask.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

If AZ would build around a Crouse for Hoglander + deal I'd be very happy with that. I don't know what the "+" has to be though, a 1st is a lot. But that apparently is the ask.

We got an 'old' 1st kick'n 'round; somewhere in Abby most likely; if not in jail yet. 

Can we add Virt and get rid of the $500,000 we give him this year to give to his lawyers/settlements?

(A real 1st round pick is too much; now if AZ would give us their 1st, we might be able to shake something loose for them.)

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

I like what other posters have suggested.  We re-sign Boeser for a longer team at 6.25.  His shot isn't replaceable.

We trade Garland for a first. 

Then take that first, add it to Hogs, and bring in Crouse.

That makes us a much better, and harder to play against, team.

• Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I like what other posters have suggested.  We re-sign Boeser for a longer team at 6.25.  His shot isn't replaceable.

That would be a great trade for sure.  I was just trying to squeeze Soderstrom(rd) out of

them desert dogs.  Our team really needs a guy like Crouse.

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I like it. My thinking on this team as it stands is either 1. top it up, or 2. blow it up.

We learned from the TDL Miller isn't going to get us a mountain of picks and prospects for some magical 2 year re-tool. 

So lets get this core what it needs -  2 gritty, hard hitting F's, and one more big Defenceman. 

And if we can't do that, blow up this mother&^@#er and go full tank. The 2 year idea is too weak and risky for my liking. 

• Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I don't think you're gonna get a first for Gnarly.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

That would be a great trade for sure.  I was just trying to squeeze Soderstrom(rd) out of

them desert dogs.  Our team really needs a guy like Crouse.

I think we should pump up that Ottawa guy who just gives up higher draft picks when he doesn't have an appropriate one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

I like it. My thinking on this team as it stands is either 1. top it up, or 2. blow it up.

We learned from the TDL Miller isn't going to get us a mountain of picks and prospects for some magical 2 year re-tool. 

So lets get this core what it needs -  2 gritty, hard hitting F's, and one more big Defenceman. 

And if we can't do that, blow up this mother&^@#er and go full tank. The 2 year idea is too weak and risky for my liking. 

Totally mother**&%%^ agree.

You been into the hooch @JM_:lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, Goal:thecup said:

I think we should pump up that Ottawa guy who just gives up higher draft picks when he doesn't have an appropriate one.

Pump all those murtherfu**ing bstards.  Screw allthe tother teams. Gp Us!  :towel:

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

In answer to Alf's question as OP: Both.

That is, re-sign Boeser and then trade him; he's still gonna be too slow.

Back to the Brock + Hogs for Crouse + Soderstrom + 3rd (they only have one so far).

• Like 1

On 3/23/2022 at 1:02 AM, The King of Kings said:

It is still a mystery for me.

The team got rid of the contracts of Erickson, Beagle and Rousell.  They walked away from expensive contract extensions for the likes of Tanev, Markstrom, Edler, etc...

Yet the team is still having salary cap problem:mellow:

I agree with what some analysts said.

Cap problem should be only for contenders and playoff teams!

As you know, in return we got O.E.L.'s big contract, signed Garland, an extension for Dickinson, free agent Poolman signing.......then we payed out to Hughes and Petey.....hmmmm.........Halak free agent....Hamonic, (gone now, thanks!)..........I dunno...what else?!?!?!?!?!?   Uh.....Luongo thingy...and aren't we still paying Ferland and Sutter?!?!?!?!?? Uhm....We still gotta get rid of some cap though.

I'd really like us to keep Flow. Somehow his successful rookie year and following years, pre open door back slam must account for something. Someone posted a BB highlight goal reel in here and it seems like, as many of his goals at the present......he gets himself in a position to score goals. Dudes got hands and is a shooter first. I believe that was the consensus when we got him in the first place.

To think that his stay here is coming to a close, meaning he might be getting stale and needs a change of scenery, is somewhat absurd thinking to me. That is to say, coming back to a team roster that has no Sedins, a gruelling TG defensive style of coaching, and to deal with all the bs of having to play up to standard after an injury such as he suffered.  It takes awhile. Not just physically but mentally too. I believe that Boeser will get back to form as we knew him. Don't trade him. Get him signed!

I think we'd be better served by trading Garland, Hogs....get some bigger wingers with hands! Yea...like, uh....Ferland! (:

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Youre overrating brocks shot.  

He doesnt even have the best shot on the team.  If brocks slow ass were to get locked up long term at 6 mill that would be the beginning of the end for this club.  Hes a 4 mil at max 2nd liner at best type player.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

How many spots up does trading Boeser get us is my main thought process now if we trade him in the summer

I think I would try to do something like this on draft day? 

Van - Boeser and Van 1st round pick (14th)

New Jersey - 5th Overall 

Not saying specifically jersey or 5th but just the idea of trading up to get in the 4-9 pick range

• Vintage 1

43 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Youre overrating brocks shot.  

He doesnt even have the best shot on the team.  If brocks slow ass were to get locked up long term at 6 mill that would be the beginning of the end for this club.  Hes a 4 mil at max 2nd liner at best type player.

star wars hate GIF

• Haha 1