The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Mar. 24, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Goal:thecup said:

I just remember Myers was a beast in the playoffs.  He turned it up a notch in the aggressive play.  Yes, he may have took some penalties, but you NEED that kind of presence in the playoffs to succeed.

• Vintage 3

19 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

You are identifying two of our biggest and grittiest forwards as what needs to move to get bigger and grittier. 
I know they are neither really big or really gritty (though Pearson is very under appreciated in this) but that is the state of this team. 
We need to not have 2-4 players under 6 foot on the ice at a time. There can be room for Garland, Hoglander, Petterson, Hughes but not when you are also rolling out Petan and Hunt.  Also need some players out there that are making room for. I also think that is too much of our high end that is just little. 
Even next level of what is coming like Rathbone and Lockwood are small. 

We need to move the guys I identified because thats the salary we need to move out and improve on. No one would take Pearson Dickie or Poolman over Greenway, e.g. 

Petan and Hunt are an easy problem to solve, just don't re-sign them.

Just for arguments sake, what does our lineup do if we had Greenway, Foglino and Manson added in?

10 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

The Canucks had their legs in the first, but seemed to wear down a bit. Valiant effort, to hang with Minni through the entire game. The crap after the whistles has to be called, especially on our goalies. How many times do you see it? A fabulous chance on one end, and a goal going back the other way. Terrible travel plans, or scheduling plans.

you never really want to blame the refs but that was another poorly managed game for sure. 

13 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I don't know, I can't get that image of Pettersson taking that punch to the face by Larkin, with zero response from him. Didn't even try to defend himself at all. I think this could be telling. What if that was the SCF?  Holy Daniel Sedin flashbacks.

does Petety get punched in the face if Larkin knows a Greenway type is coming for him after?

Edited by JM_
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, IBatch said:

No.   Simply NO.  Bad dog!   Someone needs to score.    Myers was awesome in the bubble but agree they were whistle happy as crap.    

Myers had more PM than he had ice time. 

Though I thought some of the calls were BS and someone had to play with some teeth. Awesome is a bit of an over statement though. 

6 minutes ago, JM_ said:

We need to move the guys I identified because thats the salary we need to move out and improve on. No one would take Pearson Dickie or Poolman over Greenway, e.g. 

Petan and Hunt are an easy problem to solve, just don't re-sign them.

Just for arguments sake, what does our lineup do if we had Greenway, Foglino and Manson added in?

Impossible question to answer.

If I was looking to make a trade with them, assuming 97 is not available, two names stand out to me as something this club needs up front, Greenway and ErikksonEk. 
Love E E’s game.  He is something we desperately need and Greenway is a monster to handle. Give Garland or Pettey those two and the amount of room they would have to work would be amazing to watch. 

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

does Petety get punched in the face if Larkin knows a Greenway type is coming for him after?

All opponents now take it to the Canucks; cuz: no consequences.

OEL for example, always rushes into it, and then, hugs.

Schenn is holding the fort by himself; and really, that's not his job.

His job is to make room for, and protect Quinn Hughes - Phenom.

And he's a defenseman, and we don't want D sitting in the box.

We should be sifting through the lower leagues of the world for Oggies.

Keep 'em in the A and the E or wherever until needed.

And keep room at the top, so we can call them up.

How excited are we all (and the team) going to be to see some monsters show up wearing our unis?

Then, Plan A against the Canucks will have to start without running us.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JM_ said:

Does Petey fight back if he knows he  has a Greenway beside him?  Guys are a lot tougher when they know they're not alone in the fight.  We are a very soft and easy to play against team.  Minny has a lot of tough guys, and we have Schenn.

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Impossible question to answer.

If I was looking to make a trade with them, assuming 97 is not available, two names stand out to me as something this club needs up front, Greenway and ErikksonEk. 
Love E E’s game.  He is something we desperately need and Greenway is a monster to handle. Give Garland or Pettey those two and the amount of room they would have to work would be amazing to watch. 

thats exactly it. 

I know a lot of people had big plans for this TDL, but imo we don't need to blow this team up, it needs some size added in. 

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Does Petey fight back if he knows he  has a Greenway beside him?  Guys are a lot tougher when they know they're not alone in the fight.  We are a very soft and easy to play against team.  Minny has a lot of tough guys, and we have Schenn.

and yet we matched Minni in regulation.

I just don't think we're that far off. Allvin needs to roll up his sleeves and find us two big scary wingers. 

Edited by JM_

6 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

All opponents now take it to the Canucks; cuz: no consequences.OEL for example, always rushes into it, and then, hugs.:lol:be to see some monsters show up wearing our unis?

Then, Plan A against the Canucks will have to start without running us.

Oggie :lol: yeah that would work. 

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

and yet we matched Minni in regulation.

I just don't think we're that far off. Allvin needs to roll up his sleeves and find us two big scary wingers. 

When I first read this, I thought you said Alf needs to roll up his sleeves lol; what sleeves? why is it Alf's job?

• Haha 1