The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Saturday Mar 26/22 Vancouver Canucks(31-26-9) @ Dallas Stars(36-24-3) at 4:00 PDST American Airlines Center SNP SN360 SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

LAST MEETING - NOV. 7/21: VAN 6 vs DAL 3

J.T. Miller tied the game with a power play goal at 2:19 in the second period, assisted by Quinn Hughes and Brock Boeser...Elias Pettersson scored on the power play at 6:37 in the second period to give Vancouver the lead...Quinn Hughes and Bo Horvat recorded the assists...Bo Horvat extended Vancouver's lead to two at 8:10 in the second period, assisted by Tanner Pearson and Oliver Ekman-Larsson...Vasily Podkolzin tallied his second goal in as many games at 15:45 in the second period...Conor Garland and Bo Horvat drew the assists...J.T. Miller potted the Canucks' third power play goal of the game at 13:44 in the third period, assisted by Hughes and Pettersson, who each recorded three points on the night...Brock Boeser added an empty netter...Bo Horvat registered a team-high in shots (6)...J.T. Miller led all Canucks in hits (5)...Thatcher Demko made 25 saves.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

$7.8K = SALARY per GAME

I used to make less than that PER YEAR working in a sawmill, and it was non-unionized and paid a nickel more per hour than the IWA rate.

Approx: $6,300.00

Oh to be a pro hockey player.

Oh to be able to play like a pro hockey player.

I love hockey. 

Now that I can no longer play,

I LOVE CANUCKS HOCKEY,

and always have, back before TV where we were,

North Island, in the sixties,

listening on the radio to their pre-NHL games (Old WHL)

GO CANUCKS GO!

The Canucks a Photo History of Vancouver's Team - The Polygon

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

LAST MEETING - NOV. 7/21: VAN 6 vs DAL 3

J.T. Miller tied the game with a power play goal at 2:19 in the second period, assisted by Quinn Hughes and Brock Boeser...Elias Pettersson scored on the power play at 6:37 in the second period to give Vancouver the lead...Quinn Hughes and Bo Horvat recorded the assists...Bo Horvat extended Vancouver's lead to two at 8:10 in the second period, assisted by Tanner Pearson and Oliver Ekman-Larsson...Vasily Podkolzin tallied his second goal in as many games at 15:45 in the second period...Conor Garland and Bo Horvat drew the assists...J.T. Miller potted the Canucks' third power play goal of the game at 13:44 in the third period, assisted by Hughes and Pettersson, who each recorded three points on the night...Brock Boeser added an empty netter...Bo Horvat registered a team-high in shots (6)...J.T. Miller led all Canucks in hits (5)...Thatcher Demko made 25 saves.

Hope they're afraid to take another penalty and play like kittens.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Roope Hintz has really emerged as a star player for the Stars in the last couple seasons.

Between him and Robertson the Stars scouts are really pulling talent from the second round lately.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Roope Hintz has really emerged as a star player for the Stars in the last couple seasons.

Between him and Robertson the Stars scouts are really pulling talent from the second round lately.

Dallas has done sneaky good in their drafts. 

That 2017 draft really helped their team set up well for the future. Heiskanen, Robertson, Oettinger, and Peterson.

Hopefully this organization can start hitting some gems outside of the first round.

21 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

I used to make less than that PER YEAR working in a sawmill, and it was non-unionized and paid a nickel more per hour than the IWA rate.

Approx: $6,300.00

Oh to be a pro hockey player.

Oh to be able to play like a pro hockey player.

I love hockey. 

Now that I can no longer play,

I LOVE CANUCKS HOCKEY,

and always have, back before TV where we were,

North Island, in the sixties,

listening on the radio to their pre-NHL games (Old WHL)

GO CANUCKS GO!

The Canucks a Photo History of Vancouver's Team - The Polygon

Love those old photos:  the super straight stick blades, those gloves that practically covered the forearms.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Wanless said:

This may be the biggest game of the year

It has the ability to not only gain on the stars but to get in their heads just enough to throw them off their push

Come out hard and heavy, set the tone and take no prisoners 

It might be but at the least it's fair to say if we lose this one, it will be all but technically over for us, unless one of the teams we're chasing falls off the edge of the earth.     Still hoping they pull this off and continue the march forward.