The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Dallas Stars | Mar. 26, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, taskicon said:

The greatest gift from Calgary embarrassing Edmonton so they tank the rest of the season

That’s it.

Make ‘em Team-Futility or Team-Turmoil all over, again. Duncan Keith & Evander Kane are their answers,…huh?!

Serves ‘em right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I predicted Garland would score tonight, aaaand... he hit the post on an open net. Close enough right? :P

Seriously though, tough break for Garland. He had the goal (wrongly) waved off against Tampa & tonight get's unlucky.

I feel like he's unfairly taking some heat. Sure he isn't scoring goals but he's still getting points, winning battles, keeping possession, making plays happen, and picking up points with Miller. In games where we aren't going alot of times he's the one working hard, spinning back & forth, and creating chances for teammates. 

On pace for 18 goals & 46 points in 82 while not getting much PP time. That's not bad at all. 

Garland didn’t stand out as being bad for me

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Vancan2021 said:

What a joke. With all there no.1 picks and top 3 picks. Hard to believe vancouver has never had even one number 1 pick in there history. Then Edmonton trades Hall for Larrson, and a few months later there searching for more scoring forwards as there lacking goals. You thought our old management made mistakes....wow.

All those picks, McDick and Nuggent are left, with nothing to show for it.

Edmonton Soilers are a tear-down; worth more dead than alive; eg what is McDavid's worth, in say NY?

If Garree's flop franchises had the surrounding market of Deadmonton, they would not get a sniff of consideration.

He'd rather ARI play in a school gym than move to Quebec City or even Hamilton.

One misstep for Edmonton, and pack your bags Conn, we be outta here!  (Finally.)

• Sad 1

Just now, Cromeslab said:

Garland didn’t stand out as being bad for me

Rink Wide guys having been putting some heat on him.

And in games like Buffalo/Detroit/Minnesota where a goal is the difference, sure, you want him to score. But I still feel like he's been creating offense regardless.

And I like the Rink Wide podcast, but between them & trade rumours.. I feel like Garland has been pretty good all things considered. Not having top PP time must be tough coming from AZ, I hope we don't give him away.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Sorry I typed that out badly.

I meant OEL is the stabilizing guy (for Myers). It made sense as I was thinking it, lol. 

Ok, now you got my head spinning.

Wait, a hologram, I think I see Alf living in my

Alflives  in   my       Where is my head?

I need some OEL Stabilizers  ..  May Day ..  SamasshingKassiansmakingSensicons...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Barnstorm said:

Serious question here …

Did HNIC completely drop the storyline on our victory tonight?

I’ve been watching since games and it went straight to Ottawa game and then to Calgary game. No replays, discussion or analysis of Van. game at all. 
Are they really that biased?

I’ve always had this opinion that since Van lost to Bruins and the riot started, the news made it look so much like Canucks fans were responsible. After that Bettman, refs and certain media seems to abandon Vancouver and change the outlook.  
Dunno it’s just how I feel. 
That and Eastern Canada will always dote on  Toronto or any eastern team. 

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Rink Wide guys having been putting some heat on him.

And in games like Buffalo/Detroit/Minnesota where a goal is the difference, sure, you want him to score. But I still feel like he's been creating offense regardless.

And I like the Rink Wide podcast, but between them & trade rumours.. I feel like Garland has been pretty good all things considered. Not having top PP time must be tough coming from AZ, I hope we don't give him away.

He’s small it’s not hard

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, viking mama said:

Petey was voted #1 star of the game.

Pettersen played great offensively & defensively. He played a very solid 200 ft game that prevented DAL players from getting good looks & shots away on net, especially when Demko was down or had no stick to use at all. Petey played vs the Stars’ best players & he prevailed. 

No diminishing Demkos worth to the team 1 iota,..but tonight, Petey deserves the belt. 

Godlike 'Lias

'Lias is our Idol

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DJB said:

I’ve always had this opinion that since Van lost to Bruins and the riot started, the news made it look so much like Canucks fans were responsible. After that Bettman, refs and certain media seems to abandon Vancouver and change the outlook.  
Dunno it’s just how I feel. 
That and Eastern Canada will always dote on  Toronto or any eastern team. 

There is definite east favoritism no doubt. Always has been, always will be. Saying that our game was over and the focus was on the live game. Also saying that, if Toronto won earlier there would have been much more laffs talk. Don't take it personally, wave your middle finger eas, keep supporting Shorty and Garrett, and listing to local van sports radio.