The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks at Arizona Coyotes | Apr. 07, 2022 | 7:00 pm PT | Sportsnet Pacific

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

My god, SN650 so desperate for audience engagement that they are trying to troll the Canuck fans by touting Loui Erikkson’s “advanced stats”. Apparently they are better than Hoglander’s, Podkolzin’s and Boeser’s. LOL. If this station went off the air, a la TSN 1040, I wouldn’t be shocked. I guess they are contracted to broadcast the Canuck games, so maybe they’d just switch to another format. Probably a 24-hour ASMR network. 

Edited by Locke Lamora
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Never gets old watching this

This improved my mood by 22...  no 33%!  

What a way to cap a career and an otherwise miserable season.  So many plugs on that team too haha 

17 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Are we?

Demko should have packed up his gear at this stage.

Halak better finish the game.  Even if we are getting pounded by six, keep Halak in there and give Demko a full game’s rest.  

6 hours ago, Googlie said:

Plus, I have a 7:50 teetime tomorrow (trying to beat the forecast 101°F heat), so TV it is this evening

Go Canucks Go

I've got a tee time tomorrow too.. but it'll be nowhere near 101F..maybe 60F..Play well..:)

6 hours ago, Googlie said:

Thought briefly about going to the game, but a 4 hour drive plus a hotel overnighter really challenged my commitment!!

Plus, I have a 7:50 teetime tomorrow (trying to beat the forecast 101°F heat), so TV it is this evening

Go Canucks Go

Love the heat.....

1 hour ago, tas said:

i don't care if you live to be a thousand years old, you will never see anything like this again. 

47 minutes ago, rekker said:

Sometimes I will YouTube some of thier epic shifts. Unreal. I miss them. 

Let's try and remember how much crap they took from this fan base until they broke out and became the elite forwards that we know them as today.

We gotta be patient with Petey, Podz, Hogs, etc.  Hughes is already incredible though lol

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Let's try and remember how much crap they took from this fan base until they broke out and became the elite forwards that we know them as today.

We gotta be patient with Petey, Podz, Hogs, etc.  Hughes is already incredible though lol

Those boys were almost run out of town before 23 despite 30-40 pt seasons and clear talent.  

Flip side is that not every player turns out to be a workhorse HOFer with a twin and hindsight obviously turned out sexy as hell with patience toward them.

If we can lose 1 game for the rest of the season it better not be this one. Time to bump the back to back slump and what better way to do it against Arizona. Last game we gave up far too many chances, we better be tighter defensively. If a 5-1 win against Vegas on the road doesn't launch us into a bit of a run then nothing will.

Who knows, a Canucks win tonight, Dallas loss and then if we win the matchup between the two of us, it's back to a 3 point difference...

3-2 Canucks in a shootout 

10 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I think Hogs isn’t the lock guarantee to be great like Petey, Podz and Hughes but I still like him a ton. Considerably more than Boudreau does! 

But yeah, the way the Sedins were treated showed the rather sordid underbelly of the Canuck fanbase. And you see echoes of it in some of the criticism of some of our current players. Idiots on the radio referred to the Sedins as “the sisters” for many, many years. 

• Cheers 1