The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vegas Golden Knights at Vancouver Canucks | Apr. 12, 2022 | 7:00 pm PT | Sportsnet Pacific

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

8 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

cut.jpg

MATCH-UP INFO

• Thatcher Demko has faced the Golden Knights four times in his career (1-1-1), owning a .900 SV% and a 3.16 GAA.
  • Jaroslav Halak is undefeated in five career games vs Vegas (5-0-0), posting a career .948 SV% and a 1.77 GAA.

LAST MEETING - APR. 6/22: VAN 5 at VGK 1

LAST GAME PLAYED - APR. 9/22: VAN 5 vs SJS 1

Is anyone suggesting the team should start Halak based on those stellar stats? 

All things considered, I like the way our team is trending, even with a few of their signifigant players side-lined by injuries. 

The fact that they are being more resilient now, says that they are gelling as a group & playing as a more bonafide team!

Get the W tonight guys & get after it from the initial pick drop! 

Go Canucks Go! 

Edited by viking mama

I appreciate how Bruce stays cool, calm and collected and applies his good logic to situations. 
Tonight’s words…” they say it’s a must win for them , we say it’s must win for us”.

Simple , to the point and no hesitation. 

Lets get this done and move forward.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Everyone knows that JT has been godly this year, but in recent times he’s cooled off somewhat. I’d love to see JT go BEASTMODE tonight. That would help our chances immensely. Bo just needs to keep his current run of form going. But it may all fall upon Demko ultimately.

Looking at the Vegas lineup…it suddenly looks scary good. :shock:

36 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Richard took care of a linesman and Parise intimidated a corrupt ref in 1972.  Do you have a better idea as to how to send a message to the league that we will not be tolerating the criminal negligence exhibited by the scumbags the NHL keeps assigning to our games?

As a matter of fact I do. By the way, things were a lot different in 1972 if you hadn't noticed. The solution is to look around the league and see that plenty of teams and their fans get subjected to the same terrible refereeing. In fact, it's pretty much league wide. The only thing consistent about these refs seems to be the fact they blow calls pretty often. It sucks the solution isn't violence but I want you to stay hopeful!

24 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Someone clearly spends his entire day playing grand theft auto and ea sports nhl on the playstation.  

I'm a big fan of NFL Blitz. If Rockstar put a hockey arena in GTA 6 I'd play the hell out of it. NBA Jam meets The Last Boyscout on skates plus rocket launchers.

The Colosseum never fell. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

I dunno. I’d rather see Petey with Miller and Bo with Podz. But let’s see how it goes.

You may get your wish. If they have a shakey or slower start…you will see Bruce juggle-up these lines sooner than later. 

8 minutes ago, Stech said:

As a matter of fact I do. By the way, things were a lot different in 1972 if you hadn't noticed. The solution is to look around the league and see that plenty of teams and their fans get subjected to the same terrible refereeing. In fact, it's pretty much league wide. The only thing consistent about these refs seems to be the fact they blow calls pretty often. It sucks the solution isn't violence but I want you to stay hopeful!

So how do you get the league to actually take the problem seriously since they clearly aren't fixing it voluntarily?  Pretty much everything else has been tried short of taking matters into our own hands.  Meier, Sutherland, and Hanson are easily as corrupt as the guys in the 1972 series.