• Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7
    • Kings in 4
    • Kings in 5
    • Kings in 6
    • Kings in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/05/2022 at 02:00 AM

1 minute ago, Wise Guy said:

So wait, Bettman is instructing the refs to tilt the game in favor of any team playing a team you’re rooting for, he really must have it in for you.

Well Bettman is clearly not holding problem refs accountable as proven by the continued employment of Sutherland, O'Rourke, Hanson, and Lee.  It's fairly obvious that the league has a serious officiating problem and isn't willing to do what's necessary to solve it.  BCHL refs consistently do a better job than the vermin working at the NHL level.

Just now, King Heffy said:

Well Bettman is clearly not holding problem refs accountable as proven by the continued employment of Sutherland, O'Rourke, Hanson, and Lee.  It's fairly obvious that the league has a serious officiating problem and isn't willing to do what's necessary to solve it.  BCHL refs consistently do a better job than the vermin working at the NHL level.

I don’t buy it, I think he just hates aliens.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Wise Guy said:

So wait, Bettman is instructing the refs to tilt the game in favor of any team playing a team you’re rooting for, he really must have it in for you.

You may be ok with the level of playoff reffing but many of us are not. Generally calls are made sparingly, when they're glaring. Not these poofy little holding calls that have no impact on anything. Let them battle. Refs are way too involved lately and playoff hockey is best when it's intense and physical. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Wise Guy said:

The league wants McDavid in the playoffs, it’s just good business.

Don’t underestimate the corruption of this league. Bettman is the former commissioner of the NBA which was exposed for blatantly rigging games and even drafts.

Bettman wants to create a sports entertainment league like he did with the NBA. It’s about managing games for maximum “entertainment”.

• Vintage 2

Just now, -DLC- said:

You may be ok with the level of playoff reffing but many of us are not. Generally calls are made sparingly, when they're glaring. Not these poofy little holding calls that have no impact on anything. Let them battle.

I’m not saying it’s good, just that there is no big conspiracy to go against any team CDC or Alf is rooting for.

2 minutes ago, Wise Guy said:

I’m not saying it’s good, just that there is no big conspiracy to go against any team CDC or Alf is rooting for.

I hate all the teams, including the one in stripes.  :frantic:

1 minute ago, Wise Guy said:

It doesn’t matter who’s rooting for who it’s obvious one team is being given an advantage.

Its not unlike the Kings used to get or the Ducks.

Its all about marketing potential and McDavid markets the game better than any kings player, which is why they’ll keep getting advantages.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The league wants McDavid in the playoffs, it’s just good business.

Don’t underestimate the corruption of this league. Bettman is the former commissioner of the NBA which was exposed for blatantly rigging games and even drafts.

Bettman wants to create a sports entertainment league like he did with the NBA. It’s about managing games for maximum “entertainment”.

Most hockey fans that don’t have some connection to Edmonton want McDavid in the playoffs. It makes for a spectacle more often than not. 

Just now, Zhukini said:

Most hockey fans that don’t have some connection to Edmonton want McDavid in the playoffs. It makes for a spectacle more often than not. 

Yea I hate Edmonton but absolutely enjoy watching him in full flight.

• Like 2

Just now, Zhukini said:

Which is great.

That doesn’t mean you can make blatant bad call after bad call. 

That was at least 3 borderline calls against LA so far. That’s not by accident. If the refs were just bad it would balance out, which it clearly isn’t.

• Vintage 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Which is great.

That doesn’t mean you can make blatant bad call after bad call. 

That was at least 3 borderline calls against LA so far. That’s not by accident. If the refs were just bad it would balance out, which it clearly isn’t.

You’re correct I was just talking about the first part 

• Cheers 1