The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[trade proposal] Pierre-Luc Dubois

With chatter of contract talks between Dubois and the jets slowing and his age being perfect to fit with the core is there a combination of players that could be given up for him?

Because the jets would be losing a significant piece of their future and part of their current roster they would likely want a young roster player in return to try to push one or two more playoffs before they start to age out and need to rebuild

Players I think they would be interested in could be

Garland + Pearson

Boeser + 3rd

Miller

I personally would like to see Boeser and a third as i think that is the best value for the Canucks and the jets get a youngish player in return

Garland and Pearson would give the jets 2 roster players and i think would give them the depth they need to push for the playoffs. I think this is an over payment because Garlands contract is quite reasonable but Pearson would have to go to make room to sign both Boeser and Dubois as they would likely be 6.25 and 6.75. Jets get a player in his prime and a seasoned vet who is very reliable

Miller would be the best now player for the jets as he could push them over the top for a deep run, canucks only do this if they think Petey can be a true number 1 center. 

what are your thoughts on both value and the player potentially involved?

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Vinny in Vancouver said:

From what I've read in their forums, he's as close to an untouchable as you can get with them as they think he's their cornerstone 1C. Think Petey for us. But hey, we can try - probably will require a third team to get a replacement 1C.

He definitely had future written all over him, but from what i have read is that he hasn't really been showing it.

not knocking him as a player but to me it seems like he would be a top notch second liner at best

i guess the pinch is if the jets move him they have all veterans for centerman and in 2-3 years i could see them rebuilding. That could leave a weak team while rebuilding for sure

• Cheers 1

Maybe if the Jets traded Sheifele, which is possible seeing as they're at odds, I believe. It would open up a space for Miller. Then they'd have Miller-Dubois down the middle.

Could there be a Miller for Scheifele and a 2nd trade possibility?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Maybe if the Jets traded Sheifele, which is possible seeing as they're at odds, I believe. It would open up a space for Miller. Then they'd have Miller-Dubois down the middle.

I think thats a lateral trade/win for canucks 

i think the only way they take on miller is if they go all in over the next three years which would involve upgrading the D a bit more. That could cost them a lot of assets

1 hour ago, Wanless said:

With chatter of contract talks between Dubois and the jets slowing and his age being perfect to fit with the core is there a combination of players that could be given up for him?

Because the jets would be losing a significant piece of their future and part of their current roster they would likely want a young roster player in return to try to push one or two more playoffs before they start to age out and need to rebuild

Players I think they would be interested in could be

Garland + Pearson

Boeser + 3rd

Miller

I personally would like to see Boeser and a third as i think that is the best value for the Canucks and the jets get a youngish player in return

Garland and Pearson would give the jets 2 roster players and i think would give them the depth they need to push for the playoffs. I think this is an over payment because Garlands contract is quite reasonable but Pearson would have to go to make room to sign both Boeser and Dubois as they would likely be 6.25 and 6.75. Jets get a player in his prime and a seasoned vet who is very reliable

Miller would be the best now player for the jets as he could push them over the top for a deep run, canucks only do this if they think Petey can be a true number 1 center. 

what are your thoughts on both value and the player potentially involved?

Garland + pearson

Boeser + 3rd

none of those will remotely get you PLD 

Miller is way over payment..

as for the canucks so if they think EP can be a true number 1 center and have Horvat as the 2nd line center.. why are they trading for PLD?? to have a 6.5mil+  3rd line center?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

I think we're better off trading Miller for a whole different package, as the downgrade is not worth it (Scheifele is not a guy you win with IMO).

I think Jets take this deal and run.

9 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Garland + pearson

Boeser + 3rd

none of those will remotely get you PLD 

Miller is way over payment..

as for the canucks so if they think EP can be a true number 1 center and have Horvat as the 2nd line center.. why are they trading for PLD?? to have a 6.5mil+  3rd line center?

Dubois hasnt lived up to expectations. If you do a but of digging he was supposed to be a first line center

his points per game is a sniff above .8 and Boesers just under .8 both have had tough seasons and both play the wing

PLD would be brought on as a left winger who can also play center, much like how he is deployed with the Jets not as a 3rd line center

a third might be too little, a second might be the price but by no means is he out of reach with Boeser as the main piece. Both RFA both seeking 6.5-7.5 range 

4 minutes ago, c00kies said:

I think we're better off trading Miller for a whole different package, as the downgrade is not worth it (Scheifele is not a guy you win with IMO).

I think Jets take this deal and run.

Yeah, I agree, not sure why I even suggested bringing in Scheifele, as I don't really like him as a player, but he does play with snarl.

Trying to think of teams that could use Miller as their #1 or #2C. Boston could be a team interested too.  

Islanders are probably disappointed in their season. Really wouldn't mind a Miller for Barzal+ trade. 

11 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Yeah, I agree, not sure why I even suggested bringing in Scheifele, as I don't really like him as a player, but he does play with snarl.

Trying to think of teams that could use Miller as their #1 or #2C. Boston could be a team interested too.  

Islanders are probably disappointed in their season. Really wouldn't mind a Miller for Barzal+ trade. 

Barzal would be amazing

that would cost us for sure though

18 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

IMHAO Miller (hand shake, wink wink signed) for Barzal would be a steal.  

Then do we trade Bo too?  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

IMHAO Miller (hand shake, wink wink signed) for Barzal would be a steal.  

Then do we trade Bo too?  

Thats been my question of the must trade miller because hes older crowd

Bo is only 2 years younger

though im of the thought of keeping Miller and working out a deal that is good for both the team and the player

2 hours ago, Vinny in Vancouver said:

From what I've read in their forums, he's as close to an untouchable as you can get with them as they think he's their cornerstone 1C. Think Petey for us. But hey, we can try - probably will require a third team to get a replacement 1C.

I think it would take Miller + our 1st to get PLD. And that with Miller agreeing to something good re: an extension. 

17 minutes ago, Vinny in Vancouver said:

At that cost, we'll need PLD to agree to a contract as well as he's a RFA.

I just can't see WPG giving him up for less, given they traded Laine for him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

I think it would take Miller + our 1st to get PLD. And that with Miller agreeing to something good re: an extension. 

Yeah, peeps really underestimating PLD.  He's just 23yrs and learning the NHL power forward game.  Jackets messed

up his early development years, but he is coming on now.  28goals  60pts  106PIMs.  He will be a better

player than JT by the time he's 26.

Can't see any reason for JT to sign in Winnipeg.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 2