The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Off-Season Trade & Rumor Fact Checker

Rate this topic

BureBurrito

On 6/16/2022 at 1:52 PM, BureBurrito said:

well it may help which insider has a bit more credibility and see exactly how many end up being close or not close at all...

I think he/she missed your point for creating the postFran Healy Reaction GIF by Travis

Edited by ShawnAntoski

On 6/16/2022 at 3:02 PM, Coconuts said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see him get it if he signs something reasonable, and for him and Sid to retire together the same year 

Malkin seems to be negotiating with those statements that he will PERHAPS take a discount to stay but I am not sure, he will like playing with a soon to be rebuilding Pens.  Perhaps padding his stats, a good paycheque and an opportunity to finish with one team, be enough to stay ?

Edited by ShawnAntoski

4 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Malkin seems to be negotiating with those statements that he will PERHAPS take a discount to stay but I am not sure, he will like playing with a soon to be rebuilding Pens.  Perhaps padding his stats, a good paycheque and an opportunity to finish with one team, be enough to stay ?

Hard to say, he's already incredibly wealthy and there's little questioning his hockey legacy at this point, he's more than had his success at the NHL level 

Sid won't go, I doubt Letang does, I'd be surprised if Malkin left too, especially for a team that isn't closer to contention than the Penguins 

37 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Hard to say, he's already incredibly wealthy and there's little questioning his hockey legacy at this point, he's more than had his success at the NHL level 

Sid won't go, I doubt Letang does, I'd be surprised if Malkin left too, especially for a team that isn't closer to contention than the Penguins 

Yeah, it seems this will come down to the players and the new managements' appetite to keep there legacy: as one team cup champions going or they sell high ?

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Upvote 1

On 6/16/2022 at 1:49 PM, kanucks25 said:

The problem here is most of these are "reported interest" which could very well be true even if it doesn't happen.

And of course they can't all happen... like we may have genuine interest in all those UFA forwards but obviously we can't fit them all.

The other problem occurs when one sees the boneheads who write said "interest" 

Lots are STILL saying we need forwards. 

BULLSHI.. we don't need scoring, we can do that.

Keeping it out of our net is something we do need. 

Plus especially when bottom 6 forwards are a dime a dozen. 

If we're going to trade and draft, then doing it wisely for the need is obviously D, we need depth at D which I thought everyone could see but the clickbait b.s. continues.

Bottom 6 forwards are an easy fill that isn't a big deal but they could use size and toughness. 

I had to laugh the way some media jumped on how JR said we weren't a playoff team yet. What he meant was, we can get into the playoffs, we just couldn't get far. Thought again, it would be obvious.

Appearantly, it doesn't take much to sports write, just a opinion.

I've actually seen more intelligent, well thought out writings on the CDC then on the online sports pages and reg media. 

Good for a laugh though. 

Edited by iceman64
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

"I'm a pretty rich guy" ... Malkin and Mogilny must be so proud. 

**** Malkin.  Willie Mitchell might be still suffering the effects where he was crosschecked headfirst into the boards by that sack of manure. 

• Huggy Bear 1

On 6/16/2022 at 2:19 PM, Johnny Torts said:

Like the idea. 

If you are committed, I would remove “various media” with the actual insiders/articles. 

Since you are calling it a fact checker.

Hey Johnny!

Like seeing your smiling mug up there.

Makes me smile.

Torts is a hoot.

On 6/16/2022 at 2:26 PM, Me_ said:

MILLER - HORVAT - PETTERSSON

PODKOLZIN - MALKIN - BOESER

PEARSON - COPP - GARLAND

RICHARDSON - LAMMIKKO - HÖGLANDER

OEL - LETANG

HUGHES - SCHENN
_________ - DERMOTT

DEMKO

MARTIN

Yeah, and Rathbone with Dermott; good to go.

On 6/19/2022 at 9:25 AM, DrJockitch said:

Tuch is such an under-rated player. Losing him is killing Vegas he was heart and sole. 
‘I would do that in a second and short of this year, I like Boeser as a player.

I thought that was Huey Lewis???

On 6/16/2022 at 1:42 PM, BureBurrito said:

Let's put an offseason Canucks rumor & trade fact checker and see how closely some of the insiders are to these rumored ('reported') names being thrown around in the media (any official sources/links or added names to this list in the coming weeks would be helpful and will be updated periodically):

Kuzmenko, UFA | Dhaliwal | outcome: SIGNED WITH CANUCKS!

Miller, TRADE | various media | outcome: 

Boeser, TRADE/RESIGN | various media | outcome: 

Copp, UFA | Drance | outcome:  

Mikheyev, UFA | Drance/Dhaliwal | outcome:  

Lazar, UFA | Drance | outcome:  

Rooney, UFA | Dhaliwal | outcome:  

Pearson, TRADE | various media | outcome:  

Dickinson, TRADE | various media | outcome:  

Myers, TRADE | various media | outcome:  

Devils OR Flyers 2022 1st round pick, TRADE | various media | outcome:  

Zacha, TRADE | various media | outcome:  

Letang, UFA | various media | outcome:  

Malkin, UFA | various media | outcome:  

Sanford, UFA | Dhaliwal | outcome:  

Yeo (coaching staff) | Dhaliwal | outcome:  highly unlikely (Province writer Ian MacIntyre)

Samuelsson (coaching staff) | Dhaliwal | outcome:  

Chiasson, UFA (KHL?) | various media | outcome:  

Petan, UFA (KHL?) | various media | outcome:  

Dries, UFA (RESIGN) | Dhaliwal | outcome: RESIGNED WITH CANUCKS!

Bear, RFA (TRADE/SIGN) | Dhaliwal | outcome:

Kadri, UFA | Dhaliwal | outcome: 

Necas, TRADE | Dreger | outcome:

DiPietro, TRADE | Dhaliwal | outcome: 

I love this idea. 

Local media prances around thumping it's chest about holding the team accountable and uses that as an excuse for negative coverage all the time, no matter how good/bad the club is. 

Fans should then hold the media accountable. 

On 6/16/2022 at 2:26 PM, Me_ said:

MILLER - HORVAT - PETTERSSON

PODKOLZIN - MALKIN - BOESER

PEARSON - COPP - GARLAND

RICHARDSON - LAMMIKKO - HÖGLANDER

OEL - LETANG

HUGHES - SCHENN
_________ - DERMOTT

DEMKO

MARTIN

Petterson-Horvat-Boeser

Kuzmenko-Malkin-Podkolzin

Debrusk-Dickenson-Garland

Highmore-Lammikko-Lockwood

Hughes-Carlo

OEL-Zadorov

Rathbone-Schenn

Dermott-Burroughs 

4 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I love this idea. 

Local media prances around thumping it's chest about holding the team accountable and uses that as an excuse for negative coverage all the time, no matter how good/bad the club is. 

If most fans can't even fact check the "opinions" of said morons, there's no way in hell media would ever be called out and boycotted and making it public would ever happen. HOWEVER!!! Good on you for thinking for yourself, that's the problem with most. 

Too lazy or afraid to think for themselves and see if something is legit. 

Happy to see people aware of the problem in the first place, been going on so long and tapped into the sell the farm for a no depth roster parrotted on and on by them and fans get behind without realizing a real contending every year team that has a chance at a cup, building with depth is a lot better than a depthless one trick pony roster and we all know how well that's worked for us but they don't care. Never have...

8 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I love this idea. 

I agree!  We should hold the media more accountable for Understating how BAD this franchise has truly been since 2011.  I've watched too many interviews and media scrums to count where the media tip-towed around the terrible mismanagement by Jim Benning and that flaky AHLCalbre coach green - both of which should have been fired years ago - let alone never given an extension last year!!!! 

Lets not forget about Aqua-lini getting the kid glove treatment when he too should have also been called out years ago for his poor decision making, interference and mis-management of the entire organization.   

Last I checked, the Vancouver Canucks franchise has been a state of utter failure for over a decade and again this year - like last and the year before that.    Perhaps if the media and more fans had spoken up more intensly over the last few years we would not be in the position we are today - facing a teardown & rebuild and not have wasted over a decade of our lives with false hope, promises and BS!

Edited by RU SERIOUS
typo

11 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I agree!  We should hold the media more accountable for Understating how BAD this franchise has truly been since 2011.  I've watched too many interviews and media scrums to count where the media tip-towed around the terrible mismanagement by Jim Benning and that flaky AHLCalbre coach green - both of which should have been fired years ago - let alone never geen an extension last year!!!! 

Lets not forget about Aqua-lini getting the kid glove treatment when he too should have also been called out years ago for his poor decision making, interference and mis-management of the entire organization.   

Last I checked, the Vancouver Canucks franchise has been a state of utter failure for over a decade and again this year - like last and the year before that.    Perhaps if the media and more fans had spoken up more intensly over the last few years we would not be in the position we are today - facing a teardown & rebuild and not have wasted over a decade of our lives with false hope, promises and BS!

You just went on your own little tangent there. 

line points GIF