The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Lekkerimäki | RW

Fanuck

20 minutes ago, Citizen Erased said:

You just never know what can happen with draft picks. Canucks and other teams could have had Jagr, but he made it clear he would only come to the NHL to play with his idol, Mario Lemieux.

I've never heard that, but if he did publicly make a statement saying such a thing, he should have

been suspended from the draft.  That is outrageous.

Edited by higgyfan

15 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I've never heard that, but if he did publicly make a statement saying such a thing, he should have

been suspended from the draft.  That is outrageous.

It wasn’t made public at the time. He just let all other teams ahead of Pittsburgh know he was going to stay in Prague. I’m not sure who leaked that later. 

On 9/7/2023 at 3:19 PM, Warhippy said:

I hate that I am about to make this comparison but that release, the leg drop and shake and the leaning stance look a LOT like a former Canuck and while I hate making the comparisons it's eerily similar to a former captain for the team in one Markus Naslund

Again this is not necessarily a comparison.  Just a similar style of shot.  That lean, that quick release and that one leg jog before he sends it.  A lot of similarities in shooting style.

VS Lekkerimaki

Geez. Naslund was 28 and bertuzzi and morrison 26 when that West coast express started. Imagine if we let our Boesers, Garlunds, Hogz, Podz, actually grow into thier games

• Vintage 1

39 minutes ago, EastCoastNucks said:

Geez. Naslund was 28 and bertuzzi and morrison 26 when that West coast express started. Imagine if we let our Boesers, Garlunds, Hogz, Podz, actually grow into thier games

Not only that but at the time every media was complaining about the sedin sisters. Jeez. Can everyone just wait and see what our current team is capable of? We got it. Cap issues ahead, but we got it.

17 hours ago, 250Integra said:

You don't think I know that Naslund shoots left? :lol: 

I just said it's a similar release.

It's not though. Other than the little leg kick their mechanics aren't very similar at all. Go watch some vintage Nazzy highlights. 

Naslund's body moved in a much smoother fashion when he was shooting. He had flow. Lek's upper and lower body don't look nearly as in sync compared to Naslund.

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, sashimii said:

It's not though. Other than the little leg kick their mechanics aren't very similar at all. Go watch some vintage Nazzy highlights. 

Naslund's body moved in a much smoother fashion when he was shooting. He had flow. Lek's upper and lower body don't look nearly as in sync compared to Naslund.

Much more like Bossey. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

long live west coast express, but tbh I would trade leterremaki + 2025 or 2024 1st with some protection for a really good top 4 D...hello Josh Morissey and of course some cap to balance it out :) Tyler Myers!!!!

While getting Morrissey would be real good, I'm not aold on giving up the 2024 and 2025 1st round picks. 
I fear, we will be rebuilding, sooner than we think, and we will need our 1st round picks for that. 
Morrissey would most likely give us a chance, for a serious push, but we'll end up having to pay big for few players in a year or two, and I struggle to see, how they are going to make ends meet at that time. 
It is going to be a long road, if we don't have buikding blocks in place, once the season is over... very long...

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, spook007 said:

While getting Morrissey would be real good, I'm not aold on giving up the 2024 and 2025 1st round picks. 
I fear, we will be rebuilding, sooner than we think, and we will need our 1st round picks for that. 
Morrissey would most likely give us a chance, for a serious push, but we'll end up having to pay big for few players in a year or two, and I struggle to see, how they are going to make ends meet at that time. 
It is going to be a long road, if we don't have buikding blocks in place, once the season is over... very long...

This∆ 

We are on a very long road with no push from the farm. 

Lekkerimaki

Could contain: Person, Running, Boy, Male, Teen, Clothing, Shorts

Is not close to being an impact player in the NHL anytime soon we're going to have to be patient with him. He could still be an incredible player in his prime at +25 when he's fully matured. I feel like rushing him into the league <22/23 yo would be a huge mistake. Willander is also a solid 3 years out before he will be a meaningful NHLer. 

Our scouts are going to have to keep digging gems like Bains Hirose if this re tool stands a chance when Pete's making 12 mill and that OEL penalty kicks in. 

We need to be preparing for the reality that if we can't ice a competitive team it might be time to dismantle and re build. 

• Cheers 1