The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Maple Leafs sign Calle Jarnkrok

14 hours ago, coryberg said:

1 Goal in 27 games as a flamer. Will be 35 years old in the last year of his contract. Not gonna age well.

26 points in 49 games for Seattle. 

The guy is a legit 3rd liner who puts up points. 

He’s been doing it for years in NSH, and I see no reason why he couldn’t move past his hiccup as a Flame. 

This is one of those guys any team would covet on the 3rd line, and particularly Toronto if they’re hoping for a playoff run. I reckon they’re counting on him to make an impact in 1-2 years.   

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

He’s been doing it for years in STL, and I see no reason why he couldn’t move past his hiccup as a Flame. 

This is one of those guys any team would covet on the 3rd line, and particularly Toronto if they’re hoping for a playoff run. I reckon they’re counting on him to make an impact in 1-2 years.   

Leafs are Loseroos!  

10 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

He’s been doing it for years in STL, and I see no reason why he couldn’t move past his hiccup as a Flame. 

but he's never played for st. louis ...

3 minutes ago, Devron said:

Hard to say. Samsonov hasn’t proven to be any better yet 

I think they’ve upgraded drastically from Campbell/Mrazek. Matt Murray dealt with his father passing away after Murray had won back-to-back cups. We saw what that type of ordeal can do to a players play (see Boeser). Murray was just overpaid and in a rut the last few years but has played very well at times even through it. They added a 6’4, 2x cup winning goaltender who can make great reactionary saves. And a 25 year old goaltender in Samsonov who was a 1st Round Pick for a reason and just had his best season yet and had a 912 save percentage in 5 playoff games played against the best offensive team in the league. (All while backing up a brutal defensive team in Washington last season).

1 minute ago, Underdog7 said:

I think they’ve upgraded drastically from Campbell/Mrazek. Matt Murray dealt with his father passing away after Murray had won back-to-back cups. We saw what that type of ordeal can do to a players play (see Boeser). Murray was just overpaid and in a rut the last few years but has played very well at times even through it. They added a 6’4, 2x cup winning goaltender who can make great reactionary saves. And a 25 year old goaltender in Samsonov who was a 1st Round Pick for a reason and just had his best season yet and had a 912 save percentage in 5 playoff games played against the best offensive team in the league. (All while backing up a brutal defensive team in Washington last season).

I can see where your coming from. The optics don’t look good but being on an optimistic side I can see it. It’s not a for sure dumpster fire. Just seems likely to me. Could very well be wrong though. I like Samsonov. It’s just that TO is kind of a goalie graveyard and they treat their trendy’s like crap