The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2022 - 23

Mike Vanderhoek

22 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Edmonton assigns D Kyle Capobianco; no waivers required     (70 dames played, 25 years old)

Edmonton Recalls D Simon Edvinsson

@canuck2xtreme thanks very much!

Capobianco does require waivers.  If he was 24 he wouldn't, but once he turned 25 the waiver threshold dropped from 100 games to 50, and he has surpassed that.

Waivers Exemption Thresholds

23 years old or younger - 150 NHL game threshold (100 games for goaltenders)

24 years old or younger - 100 NHL game threshold (75 games for goaltenders)

26 years old or younger - 50 NHL game threshold (25 games for goaltenders)

I do think that the way this is phrased is a little confusing, and that this would be more straightforward:

24 years old - 100 NHL game threshold (75 games for goaltenders)

25 - 26 years old  - 50 NHL game threshold (25 games for goaltenders)

1 hour ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Capobianco does require waivers.  If he was 24 he wouldn't, but once he turned 25 the waiver threshold dropped from 100 games to 50, and he has surpassed that.

I do think that the way this is phrased is a little confusing, and that this would be more straightforward:

No worries; send down Otto Koivula to accommodate please; leave Kyle on roster.

Thanks for the explanation.

On 3/22/2023 at 3:25 PM, Mike Vanderhoek said:

EXTENSION: The Seattle Kraken have signed forward Boone Jenner to a six year contract extension.

spacer.png Boone Jenner: Six year deal worth $ 29.1m dollars ($4.85m AAV)

Happy to have Boone Jenner locked up for what could be the rest of his career in Seattle. Admittedly, I was hoping for something more in line with his NHL deal, but the million dollar premium still leaves value with this player for the foreseeable future. His NHL club is struggling this year, literally the worst club in the league, and so we envision the long term situation with Boone to have a lot of upside, after this season plays out.

• Tanks a lot 1

On 3/22/2023 at 3:14 AM, canuck2xtreme said:

It is sort of kind of like a double negative that one has to think through twice..in a way. Perhaps a single positive position like this:

Until 24th Birthday: - 150 NHL game threshold (100 games for goaltenders)

Until 25th Birthday - 100 NHL game threshold (75 games for goaltenders)

Until 27th Birthday - 50 NHL game threshold (25 games for goaltenders)

or some iteration of that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

COL places Alexandre Carrier on IR

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/predators-alexandre-carrier-out-4-6-weeks/

Predators' Alexandre Carrier: Out 4-6 weeks

Carrier (upper body) is expected to miss 4-6 weeks, Alex Daugherty of AtoZ Sports Nashville reports.

Carrier was injured in Thursday's 2-1 win over Florida following a shot block. He has supplied nine points, 48 shots on goal, 67 blocks and 57 hits in 43 contests this campaign. There is a chance that Carrier could return before the end of the season.

COL would like to activate Helm off of IR

@canuck2xtreme

3 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Sharpy, running out'a credit?

when this commercial came out i was on the floor laughing, and foolishly chose to explain to my wife why. Her sister pretty much was the one opening the door in a real life version I experienced years earlier, and it made me howl. Wife's sister declared out of the blue one day "I heard Kris turned you down the other night, i wouldn't, I have been horny as hell for weeks and if you want a BJ i wont tell anyone". or some version of that..it was 30 years ago now, lol and the sister in law is on her second marriage.

for the record, I quickly left the room (but now 30 years later kind of regret taking the high road)

Edit: ffs, just remembered that same sister in law came to visit us on an army base posting years later: got her labia pierced and couldn't wait to show me, IN FRONT OF HER SISTER, my wife. To this day I think I married the only one in her family worthy of being married to, buuuuuut....for 'fun' the other sister was maybe the better choice? lol

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Vintage 2

5 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Lol, why is this directed at me?! 

I actually kinda figured u were just that dad....

image.thumb.png.760a92250c79333b99730bb9dc3fc187.png

Kidding, kidding, kidding, only kidding!  You looked like you were about pass me.  Figured a lump in your throat would cool your jets!     :emot-parrot:

3 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I actually kinda figured u were just that dad....

image.thumb.png.760a92250c79333b99730bb9dc3fc187.png

Kidding, kidding, kidding, only kidding!  You looked like you were about pass me.  Figured a lump in your throat would cool your jets!     :emot-parrot:

Lol. All good. 

We’re not even in the same Conference, so I was wondering why you directing that at me. 

All good brother. 

If I can beat you in the standings(doubtful), but I’d be more than happy to do so. ::D

Just want to make sure I’m ahead of Zen. 

7 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

when this commercial came out i was on the floor laughing, and foolishly chose to explain to my wife why. Her sister pretty much was the one opening the door in a real life version I experienced years earlier, and it made me howl. Wife's sister declared out of the blue one day "I heard Kris turned you down the other night, i wouldn't, I have been horny as hell for weeks and if you want a BJ i wont tell anyone". or some version of that..it was 30 years ago now, lol and the sister in law is on her second marriage.

for the record, I quickly left the room (but now 30 years later kind of regret taking the high road)

Edit: ffs, just remembered that same sister in law came to visit us on an army base posting years later: got her labia pierced and couldn't wait to show me, IN FRONT OF HER SISTER, my wife. To this day I think I married the only one in her family worthy of being married to, buuuuuut....for 'fun' the other sister was maybe the better choice? lol

How's the 2nd marriage going exactly? Not so good I hope :P

Albert Gator GIF by Florida Gators

• Haha 3