The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2022 - 23

Mike Vanderhoek

3 hours ago, Rush17 said:

When can we start to sign them for next year? The opening of the signing window.

Also who is doing the elcs?

There is no signing window for players you've drafted, you can sign them at any time.

However if you want the contract to start next season and not this season, you have to wait until after the regular season has concluded.

Addressed to the Exec. 

When are we allowed to offer contracts to unsigned/ undrafted college free agents and players from the European leagues ? 

I have gone through the CBA and I can't seem to find an answer to this question.

1 hour ago, Ilunga said:

Addressed to the Exec. 

When are we allowed to offer contracts to unsigned/ undrafted college free agents and players from the European leagues ? 

I have gone through the CBA and I can't seem to find an answer to this question.

July 1st, free agency

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ThatMike said:

Maybe I’m wrong… but one could sign someone now, presuming they weren’t draft eligible, and burn this year of a contract.

No?

Unless it's been changed, that ship sailed when the UFA window closed.  Those guys are UFAs technically, so at this point they wait until July 1st.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

image.png.f2e784c9d0656b02fe9858c3f4c56ae0.png

The Seattle Kraken seem to be firing on all cylinders since the deadline, with a top five performance in points over the last 7 days. 

GM P.O> was caught speaking candidly on tape...."We needed to ensure we stayed ahead of Vegas, but we really didn't intend to make up ground on Edmonton, but at the end of the day, we are not afraid to match up against a strong Central Division wildcard team if that is the hand we are dealt.  Obviously as the team manager, I have some means at my disposal to keep the plan set, but the more we look at clubs like Nashville and ST Louis, the more comfortable we are with the idea of going through them in round one."

Bold forward looking statements from this first year GM, but did I do enough at the deadline? Sometimes less is more. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1