The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2022 - 23

Mike Vanderhoek

1 hour ago, Devron said:

ST Louis Blues are going to the playoffs baby.

Word on the street fans are happy with the management group after years of suffering from incompetency at the helm.

This is just the beginning. The goal was to make the playoffs this year. Once you’re in, it’s anyone’s game. That said, look for the Blues to upgrade the roster to playoff built teams in the future. We wanted to just get in this year. Bring some life back to our loyal fan base. 

Rambo Lionsgate GIF by Rambo: Last Blood

I think?

We are your competition 1st round.  Should be fun.  Without looking, I am curious what Oleksiak did to get 27 points today!

Wowee, Chicago @Sludge , 114 points today! Erased a 44 point deficit to take a cautiously commanding lead of 33 points over Minny for last wild card with 2 games to play...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Wowee, Chicago @Sludge , 114 points today! Erased a 44 point deficit to take a cautiously commanding lead of 33 points over Minny for last wild card with 2 games to play...

Unfortunately I'm still out of the playoffs as my division went nuclear this year lol  7/8 of the Central Division make up the top 11 in the league 

Edited by Sludge
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

Hearing rumors Roman Josi's UFA rights may be dealt the moment the Preds are eliminated from playoff contention. Hearing a team on the East coast has given them a suitable offer. Will be interesting to see where he ends up. Could it even be within their own division? :shock::frantic:

6 hours ago, Sludge said:

Unfortunately I'm still out of the playoffs as my division went nuclear this year lol  7/8 of the Central Division make up the top 11 in the league 

Division hell my friend. Last year the Blues missed the playoffs only because of the division. First spot to miss 

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I think?

We are your competition 1st round.  Should be fun.  Without looking, I am curious what Oleksiak did to get 27 points today!

It’s you and me baby!

• Vintage 1

12 hours ago, Devron said:

ST Louis Blues are going to the playoffs baby.

Word on the street fans are happy with the management group after years of suffering from incompetency at the helm.

This is just the beginning. The goal was to make the playoffs this year. Once you’re in, it’s anyone’s game. That said, look for the Blues to upgrade the roster to playoff built teams in the future. We wanted to just get in this year. Bring some life back to our loyal fan base. 

Rambo Lionsgate GIF by Rambo: Last Blood

Probably the first playoff appearance for the Blues in CDCGML history lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

With the playoffs quickly approaching we decided to take a look at what our squad will look like heading into Toronto's 1st GML playoff appearance in a LONG time. Here is what our likely lineups will look like heading into round 1...

Screenshot_20230409_195617_Sheets.jpg.4692c0a1ea8de191d78822460de12442.jpg

A few players still have a fighting chance to make their way in, but it's not looking overly promising. If we can get 1 of Kadri or Josi into the playoffs they could really provide a much needed boost to help us against the defending champs Buffalo Sabers... But of course they will both miss the playoffs because of the...

new york jets GIF

Might get Varlamov in, but unless Sorokin struggles or gets hurt I doubt he sees the crease. If we can just get through @lethunder and see the Oilers & Devils move on to round 2 I really feel we have as good a shot as any. No matter how this plays out we feel this has been a successful season and we look forward to completing this roster in the offseason for a serious run again next year and beyond.

It's been a fun season everyone. May the best man win. Unless I lose, then may the 2nd best man win! :P

Edited by Gator
  • Vintage 1