The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 NHL Entry Draft

Everybody wanted Simashev but reality is we already have him in Myers, who everyone complains about. 

We only complain because he is coached to be a blocker instead of a Simachev, like he plays naturally, going after the puck, attacking the puck and disrupting plays.

You all want to draft a defenseman that attacks the puck and play, and then when you have one on the roster;

you complain he isn't blocking pucks in front of Delia and Martin.... so he changes.... and gets worse cause now he is screening the shots..... doubting his attack skills..

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Angry Goose said:

I keep thinking once Willander physically matures/develops that high end athleticism, he’s got the mobility and underrated offensive skills to be, dare I say, a player like Shea Theodore.

I genuinely see that 2 way potential, to be excellent all over the ice like ST if he can hit his ceiling. 

So yeah, Im  pretty happy w this pick.  

That would be awesome. He also said that he models his game after Heiskanen, so if he gets anywhere near the players those two are, we got ourselves a winner!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EastCoastNucks said:

Everybody wanted Simashev but reality is we already have him in Myers, who everyone complains about. 

We only complain because he is coached to be a blocker instead of a Simachev, like he plays naturally, going after the puck, attacking the puck and disrupting plays.

You all want to draft a defenseman that attacks the puck and play, and then when you have one on the roster;

you complain he isn't blocking pucks in front of Delia and Martin.... so he changes.... and gets worse cause now he is screening the shots..... doubting his attack skills..

It's this ... over and over ... and ... over ...

gioated-family-guy.gif

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Podkolzin and Hoglander - 1st round and 2nd round -  are still waiting to crack the lineup after four years. 

That's four years of proving a lot of people wrong. 

blow-mind-mind-blown.gif

Hey hey they are monkeys people say they monkey around.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, EastCoastNucks said:

our pick is so awesome!  in 3 or 20 years. Why do I want to punch a goose?

3 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

you’ll get slapped

ez pz lemon squeeze

No, its that Lucky Hank show. Canucks fans are used to being mediocre. Because when we earned the Stanley Cup we still didnt get it. We got to get pissed off with the team we have.

14 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Hope tomorrow we see more trades including us!

Seems weak that none were made.

Glad we didn't trade our pick but at the time I wanted us to do one.

Guess I just wanted us to do something.

Maybe tomorrow ... we'll want to settle down ...

Until tomorrow ... we'll just keep.moving on ..

OldfashionedParchedAntelopegroundsquirre

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1