The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 NHL Entry Draft

1 hour ago, nergish said:

I would probably take Reinbacher as high as 6th OA, personally. 

Just too good of a fit for us.

I would have to agree. The projection of what kind of player he would be with Hughes is really too good.

Also possible  he could be in the NHL in his D + 2 year. 

not related to the 2023 but just a look back at the 2017 draft.  

Never thought that EP would become the player he is now.  I wonder as well whether getting Dahlen was a factor in us drafting Petey.

Also love his reaction when he heard his name called.  I don't remember any other of our 1st round draft picks with as big a grin on his face that he had.

• Cheers 1

Got a feeling...

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Barlow

Podkolzin - Miller - Lekkerimaki

Mikheyev - Raty - Kravtsov

McDonough - Klimovich

Good lookin' lineup

Edit - I realize that Barlow is a LW, so maybe the lines change

Edited by NUCKER67

With the Canucks slipping into the 8th spot, I think we are prime range for Reinbacher or Danielson. Those would be the 2 guys I would have my eye on realistically. Reinbacher has that steady, reliable modern game and has good mobility for a defenseman of his size. Legit top 2 potential. Danielson has been climbing my board recently. Really responsible player with playmaking he does not consistently showcase. Has a great wrist shot and great speed when carrying the puck through the neutral zone. He reminds me of Dylan Cozens as a responsible 2C who would impact the game in all facets. I have him high because of position and need for the team, but it is close between Danielson, Sale, Leonard. Would look great as a 2C behind Pettersson if Reinbacher is not available or we slip to 9/10. 

If we're in the 8th pick, I think it goes Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson, Michkov..

5th - MON: Smith

6th - ARZ: Benson

7th - PHI: Dvorsky 

8th - VAN: Reinbacher 

Edited by DudePerfect

Do the Canucks pick to fill a position of need?  Or do they take the best player available?  We’ve seen what happens when they pick is fill a need like Juolevi over Tkachuk.  But the Canucks really need RHD and Centre depth.  But also they need more core talent.  If Cristall is available being a left winger do we pick him because of his raw talent, or do we pick Oliver Moore or Ryan Leonard. Or do we pick Reinbacher?  

42 minutes ago, DudePerfect said:

With the Canucks slipping into the 8th spot, I think we are prime range for Reinbacher or Danielson. Those would be the 2 guys I would have my eye on realistically. Reinbacher has that steady, reliable modern game and has good mobility for a defenseman of his size. Legit top 2 potential. Danielson has been climbing my board recently. Really responsible player with playmaking he does not consistently showcase. Has a great wrist shot and great speed when carrying the puck through the neutral zone. He reminds me of Dylan Cozens as a responsible 2C who would impact the game in all facets. I have him high because of position and need for the team, but it is close between Danielson, Sale, Leonard. Would look great as a 2C behind Pettersson if Reinbacher is not available or we slip to 9/10. 

The way the Canucks are playing I wouldn’t be surprised is we fell to 10th or 11th, no joke.  The way Philly and Detroit are playing I think 11th or 12 is an inevitability.  Avengers Endgame GIF

3 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

The Canucks pick will likely be in the 8-12 range.  My picks in that range I’d be happy with.

Reinbacher 
Oliver Moore
Andrew Cristall

Ryan Leonard

Gabe Perreault

Brayden Yagr

Bleh. No thanks. The only one there I'd take in the 8 spot would be Leonard... Reinbacher and maybe Yager I'd be ok with around 10-12. Wouldn't take any of Moore, Perreault or Cristall that early myself.

Anton Whalberg looks like a guy we need in the 3rd. 6'3C carries the puck up the gut. Can rip it and is a warrior in the blue paint and on the forecheck has some nasty to his game.  Still 17 July birthday already had a taste in the SHL and has put up some points there too. 

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/643681/anton-wahlberg

En ny generation Wahlberg har presenterat sig i Malmö Redhawks, Anton 17 år

Looks built for a kid who just turned 17

his 2 shl goals. #24

Can't attach but starts at 0:27 

https://www.malmoredhawks.com/play/video/TV_Wahlberg_om_sitt_nysignerade_kontrakt-211045?provider=staylive&autoplay=1

Bonus clip

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

54 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Anton Whalberg looks like a guy we need in the 3rd. 6'3C carries the puck up the gut. Can rip it and is a warrior in the blue paint and on the forecheck has some nasty to his game.  Still 17 July birthday already had a taste in the SHL and has put up some points there too. 

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/643681/anton-wahlberg

En ny generation Wahlberg har presenterat sig i Malmö Redhawks, Anton 17 år

Looks built for a kid who just turned 17

his 2 shl goals. #24

Can't attach but starts at 0:27 

https://www.malmoredhawks.com/play/video/TV_Wahlberg_om_sitt_nysignerade_kontrakt-211045?provider=staylive&autoplay=1

Bonus clip

I don’t think he makes it to our third rounders but if he does I’m all for it.

you know our scouts have scouted him without a doubt! 

great project C to take in the third if there for sure

1 hour ago, R3aL said:

Did we ever replace the Swedish scout who sadly passed away a couple of years ago?  

15 hours ago, DudePerfect said:

With all the Centers available I wouldn’t be surprised if Benson slipped outside top 10. Barlow seems like a Philly guy 

13 hours ago, R3aL said:

I mean it's kinda where most public rankings have him late 2nd early 3rd. I do agree though I think he will go mid 2nd somewhere 45-55 at the very least I'd take him there.

Its good to have things to be hopeful for since it's a long wait from our 1st to our next pick. Plus I'm bored of talking about the same 10 players. At this time this is my top 14 because I think that's as far as we can drop. So now that I've jinxed it.

1 Bedard

2 Michkov There's still a chance

3 Fantilli

4 Carlsson

-Best of the rest or essentially the 10 we will pick from 

5 Reinbacher - The best fit for us 

6 Benson - The BPA for me his work ethic at both ends and low center of grav say he will translate.   

7 Smith - These are 3 great players  at least 1 of them will be a star. 

8 Moore - Speeeeeeeeed

9 Barlow - Goal scoring PWF 

10 Leonard Motor

11 Ritchie Hard mins 2/3C

12 Simashev Big minute D

13 Danielson hard mins 2/3C

14 Axel Pellikka 200 ft right shot PMD

Those 3rd's and 4th's we have 5 of em it's kind of a crap shoot there everyone has different boards so I'm putting together a short list of guys I hope we luck into. Some of these guys will be gone but there is a good chance several will be there for us. I think we would love to get 2 NHL players out of those 5 picks or 1 home run. 

D's 

Carter Sotheran RHD 

Dylan MacKinnon RHD

Oskar Asplund LHD Overager

Sam Barcik RHD

Eric Pohlkamp RHD

Arttu Karki LHD Doubtful he's there

Kristian Kostandinski LHD Doubtful he's there

Bottom 6 C's with upside

Anton Wahlberg C

Juraj Pekarcik LW/C

Jacub Stancl LW/C 

Coulson Pitre C

Home run swings who might drop due to size.

Zeb Forsfjall C

Luca Pinelli C

Gracyn Sawchyn C

Figure if I make the list I have something to get excited about while I wait for pick 70-75 to roll around. 

Edited by hammertime
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

With all the Centers available I wouldn’t be surprised if Benson slipped outside top 10. Barlow seems like a Philly guy 

I love Benson.  He can drive play from the wing.  I would be super happy with him.

On 3/13/2023 at 11:36 PM, R3aL said:

Sweating Waking Up GIF by Pose FX

Go ahead.  Look at Ruthervins drafting history or the Canucks drafting history as a whole.  It screams Sale

You absolutely know if Sale is on the table at 10 or 11 (where we'll be drafting) we will be taking him and justifying why.  Longer route to the NHL.  Needs developing.  Will fill a need when he gets here.  Moves in the works.  Need youth.  Hard position to fill.  Have Raty don't need a young centre.

You know if he's there he's ours

Edited by Warhippy
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Go ahead.  Look at Ruthervins drafting history or the Canucks drafting history as a whole.  It screams Sale

You absolutely know if Sale is on the table at 10 or 11 (where we'll be drafting) we will be taking him and justifying why.  Longer route to the NHL.  Needs developing.  Will fill a need when he gets here.  Moves in the works.  Need youth.  Hard position to fill.  Have Raty don't need a young centre.

You know if he's there he's ours

Sale at 10 or later isnt even a bad pick though, avoiding scoring European wingers is why we didnt take Nylander or Ehlers