The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best / Worst concert?

nuckin_futz

On 7/30/2022 at 11:12 AM, nuckin_futz said:
This has been trending on Twitter. Let's see the CDC version.
First Concert:
Last Concert:
Best Concert:
Worst Concert:
Loudest Concert:
Seen the Most:
Most Surprising:
Next Concert:
Wish I Could Have Seen:

Copy the post and fill in your answers
First Concert:  Age 8...Irish Rovers lol.   
Last Concert:  Platinum Blonde, Canada Day weekend
Best Concert:  tie Tina Turner in 1987...OMD 2018 (my all time fav band)
Worst Concert:  I worked part-time in the industry for 5 years.....can't decide....Most Disappointing would be Hall & Oates...Oates was not thrilled to be playing that night....
Loudest Concert:  Poison 
Seen the Most:  Air Supply (worked about 15+ of their concerts)
Most Surprising:  tie Chantal Kreviazuk, Burton Cummings
Next Concert:  Shaggy (PNE)
Wish I Could Have Seen:  have never seen Bryan Adams or Bruce Springsteen

1 hour ago, 4petesake said:

Bought those spots many times, once to see Nazareth which in retrospect was my worst concert. Got there early to get great seats and 2 minutes before it starts a sixteen year old sits down beside us and promptly upchucks all over the place. The lead singer had trashed his vocal chords and could barely sing.

You just described about 1/3 of the concerts that I went to back in the day.

I vaguely remember Robert Plant being wasted on LSD at one of the Zeppelin concerts. That shortened the performance quite a bit, although we did get to see a very long drum solo from John Bonham.

• Cheers 1

On 8/2/2022 at 7:30 AM, bishopshodan said:

Ya sure.

Iggy and the Stooges really put the punk rock stage show and vibe together. 

Fun fact. We once mixed an EP on the same console that the Sex Pistols recorded Never mind the Bollocks on. Bryan Adams owns it. Had it at his West Van home. 

Is that the console that came from Little Mountain Studios, and now at the Nimbus school?

4 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

Is that the console that came from Little Mountain Studios, and now at the Nimbus school?

I bet it is.

It was in his home when we used it, I remember talk about Little Mnt. and/or the Warehouse studio.

It been a while but I do remember them laughing about what treats they found when they took it apart and retro-fitted it. 

By treats, I mean drugs. :P

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

I bet it is.

It was in his home when we used it, I remember talk about Little Mnt. and/or the Warehouse studio.

It been a while but I do remember them laughing about what treats they found when they took it apart and retro-fitted it. 

By treats, I mean drugs. :P

I can only imagine!  
I recorded on that board in the old little mountain studio (it’s now a recording school). 
The walls are all still original and you can almost smell the drugs that went through there.  
Arrowsmith, Motley Crew, AC/DC, Bon Jovi, Van Halen and so many more recorded in that room and on that equipment. 
It was a pretty amazing experience!

• Upvote 1

On 8/4/2022 at 12:21 PM, rychicken said:
First Concert:  Age 8...Irish Rovers lol.   
Last Concert:  Platinum Blonde, Canada Day weekend
Best Concert:  tie Tina Turner in 1987...OMD 2018 (my all time fav band)
Worst Concert:  I worked part-time in the industry for 5 years.....can't decide....Most Disappointing would be Hall & Oates...Oates was not thrilled to be playing that night....
Loudest Concert:  Poison 
Seen the Most:  Air Supply (worked about 15+ of their concerts)
Most Surprising:  tie Chantal Kreviazuk, Burton Cummings
Next Concert:  Shaggy (PNE)
Wish I Could Have Seen:  have never seen Bryan Adams or Bruce Springsteen

OMG I forgot about the Irish Rovers! That was my first concert. Saw 'em at Expo '86. I was 14. 

On 8/8/2022 at 5:34 PM, D.B Cooper said:

I can only imagine!  
I recorded on that board in the old little mountain studio (it’s now a recording school). 
The walls are all still original and you can almost smell the drugs that went through there.  
Arrowsmith, Motley Crew, AC/DC, Bon Jovi, Van Halen and so many more recorded in that room and on that equipment. 
It was a pretty amazing experience!

Arrowsmith was nothing more than an Aerosmith tribute band :P

• Haha 1

On 7/30/2022 at 4:33 PM, D-Money said:

Next Concert: The National at SAIT Jubilee Theatre (small 1,500 seat theatre, going to be amazing)

The National put on a great concert.

However, the next night at the same venue, we went to see Lord Huron. They were absolutely fantastic! One of the best shows I have seen in ages. Definitely recommend checking them out if you have the chance.