The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best / Worst concert?

nuckin_futz

First Concert: KISS
Last Concert: Def Leppard  (took daughter to her first concert)
Best Concert:  Pink Floyd
Worst Concert:  Can't think of one
Loudest Concert: Ozzy/Motorhead @ the Kerrisdale Arena
Seen the Most: KISS 3X
Most Surprising: Angel City
Next Concert: You got to be joking man!
Wish I Could Have Seen: Live Aid
Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:
This has been trending on Twitter. Let's see the CDC version.

First Concert: Police
Last Concert: ACDC
Best Concert: John Couger Mellencamp
Worst Concert: Judas Priest
Loudest Concert: Iron Maiden
Seen the Most: John Cougar Mellencamp 8 times
Most Surprising: John Cougar Mellencamp
Next Concert: Train
Wish I Could Have Seen:1984 Van Halen, Mother burnt my tickets after being expelled from school

Copy the post and fill in your answers.

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, 6YPE said:

Worst Concert: Def Leppard / Stxy .... Styx were fantastic, Def Leppard sounded like someone flushed the toilet

I was at this show too, I recall Def Leppard played like they didn't give a crap and wanted to be somewhere else. Disappointing, remembering seeing them on the Pyromania and Hysteria tours back in the day, a ton of great energy, getting the crowd into it.  Not at this show though.  

Another thing about Def Leppard, I've been a fan almost since their beginning, but they were once selected to hand out an award at the NHL Awards, and they came onto the stage with the Stanley Cup and Joe Elliott put it on a table - upside down!!! Lost a lot of respect for them that day.

image.jpeg.000a659177a59acca086b4ca8ccc579d.jpeg

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

First Concert: Jackson 5 (BC Place)
Last Concert: Tool
Best Concert: Tool
Worst Concert: None
Loudest Concert: Tool
Seen the Most: Tool
Most Surprising: U2, (Garbage Seats but man, they brought the energy and it was a groovy vibe)
Next Concert: Tool (Their concerts are just that good!)
Wish I Could Have Seen: Led Zeppelin. Pink  Floyd, Queen, AC/DC, Def Leppard, Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, Chris Cornell(With and without Soundgarden), Guns N Roses. 

I love Tool.  Maynard is a straight up poet and an incredible singer. 

They were friends of a band I was close with in the 90's in Van. DSK ( one of the best Van club bands)

I have a poster of a DSK show at the Town Pump....in small print is the opening act from L.A. ...Tool. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

First Concert: Swollen Members
Last Concert: Wu-Tang Clan
Best Concert: The Glorious Sons
Worst Concert: None
Loudest Concert: Airbourne
Seen the Most: Priestess
Most Surprising: Classified
Next Concert: Riotfest in Sept.  Most excited for Ice Cube, NIN, Foxy Shazam
Wish I Could Have Seen: Rush
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

First Concert: Supertramp 1979

Last Concert: Tool
Best Concerts: The 1982 US festival (So many great artists) 1985 Miles Davis with John Scofield and 1988 Frank Zappa
Worst Concert: The 1982 US festival (DON'T EVER DO JIMSON WEED KIDS):sick:
Loudest Concert: AC/DC 1980 and 81
Seen the Most: The Grateful Dead
Most Surprising: Pat Benatar
Next Concert: Nothing on the calendar right now:unsure:
Wish I Could Have Seen: Led Zeppelin (Bought a ticket to see them in Montreal two weeks before John Bonham passed)
Edited by Playoff Beered
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:
This has been trending on Twitter. Let's see the CDC version.

First Concert: AC/DC opening for KISS at the Winnipeg Arena in 1977.
Last Concert: Maroon 5 in Las Vegas in 2020.
Best Concert: Bruce Springsteen Born in the USA Tour in St. Paul Civic Centre in 1984; U2 Joshua Tree Tour in St. Paul Civic Centre in 1987; The Police Synchronicity Tour in Winnipeg in 1983.
Worst Concert: can't say there is a concert I would classify as worst...but of those I've seen, the one I would rank the lowest is David Bowie Glass Spider Tour in 1987 (only because it was in the open air Winnipeg Stadium, probably one of the worst venues for concerts)
Loudest Concert: AC/DC and KISS - hearing hasn't been the same.
Seen the Most: Bruce Springsteen
Most Surprising: Tina Turner Private Dancer Tour in Winnipeg in 1985.
Next Concert: Don't know...
Wish I Could Have Seen: Meat Loaf and Michael Jackson

Honorable Mentions: Prince at Montreal Jazz Festival in 1998 or 1999; John Mellencamp in 1988 at the Winnipeg Arena, Aerosmith at Calgary Saddledome in 2006 (Motley Crue opened and they sucked); and all the free lunch time concerts at the University of Manitoba form 1983 to 1986 (Northern Pikes, FM/Nash the Slash, Platinum Blonde, Colin James are some I remember).

Awesome thread @nuckin_futz.  I love threads like this. Above and below is my list.

First Concert: AC/DC opening for KISS at the Winnipeg Arena in 1977.
Last Concert: Maroon 5 in Las Vegas in 2020.
Best Concert: Bruce Springsteen Born in the USA Tour in St. Paul Civic Centre in 1984; U2 Joshua Tree Tour in St. Paul Civic Centre in 1987; The Police Synchronicity Tour in Winnipeg in 1983.
Worst Concert: can't say there is a concert I would classify as worst...but of those I've seen, the one I would rank the lowest is David Bowie Glass Spider Tour in 1987 (only because it was in the open air Winnipeg Stadium, probably one of the worst venues for concerts)
Loudest Concert: AC/DC and KISS - hearing hasn't been the same.
Seen the Most: Bruce Springsteen
Most Surprising: Tina Turner Private Dancer Tour in Winnipeg in 1985 and Shania Twain at the Bell Centre when it was the Molson Centre in 1998 in Montreal (was crushing hard on Shania at the time and she was an "unknown" when it came to live concerts...she killed it on her Come On Over Tour, her first).
Next Concert: Don't know...
Wish I Could Have Seen: Meat Loaf and Michael Jackson

Honorable Mentions: Prince at Montreal Jazz Festival in 1998 or 1999; John Mellencamp in 1988 at the Winnipeg Arena, Aerosmith at Calgary Saddledome in 2006 (Motley Crue opened and they sucked); and all the free lunch time concerts at the University of Manitoba form 1983 to 1986 (Northern Pikes, FM/Nash the Slash, Platinum Blonde, Colin James are some I remember).
Edited by bigbadcanucks
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, grandmaster said:
First Concert: Roxanne
Last Concert: Chainsmokers
Best Concert: Van Halen (with Sammy Hagar) 
Worst Concert: Ozzy about 10 years ago (he can’t sing anymore)
Loudest Concert: ACDC
Seen the Most: Def Leppard 
Most Surprising: Chainsmokers 
Next Concert: ACDC comeback tour!
Wish I Could Have Seen: David Bowie

I wish I would have seen Van Halen with Sammy Hagar. I would have settled for David Lee Roth, but Van Halen/Sammy Hagar...would have loved it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, D-Money said:
First Concert: Pearl Jam at Key Arena (No Code Tour)
Last Concert: Spoon (headlined Calgary Folk Fest, just last Saturday)
Best Concert: Tom Waits at the Commodore (75th Anniversary of Commodore)
(2nd Best: Prince at Key Arena)
Worst Concert: Badly Drawn Boy at the Commodore (obviously stoned, went on FOREVER)
Loudest Concert: The Real McKenzies at some punk club in Vancouver, can't remember name of it
Seen the Most: Wide Mouth Mason & The Headstones (always put on a great show back in the day, been to each 4 or 5 times)
Most Surprising: Bon Iver at MacEwan Hall (expected chill, comes out with 9-piece band and 2 drummers, was phenomenal)
Next Concert: The National at SAIT Jubilee Theatre (small 1,500 seat theatre, going to be amazing)
Wish I Could Have Seen: Led Zeppelin (edit: Queen too!)

saw the McKenzies once in my hometown, also in a small club. thats was really fun concert. good guys

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Best Concert: Eagles (HFO in Tacoma, 1995)

Worst Concert: Boston (Pacific Coliseum, 1978) 

Other Favourites: Deep Purple (Perfect Strangers in Portland, 1985), Dire Straits (BIA in Victoria, 1985).

• Cheers 1

First Concert: KISS (destroyer tour w cheap trick)
Last Concert: Big Wreck
Best Concert: Van Halen 81
Worst Concert: The Knack 79?
Loudest Concert: Black Sabbath 82
Seen the Most: Van Halen 8
Most Surprising: U2 87
Next Concert: dunno yet
Wish I Could Have Seen:Led Zeppelin
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

If I may be so bold, maybe we could add a few additional categories: (Don't feel obligated to participate)

Best opening act before the headline act: 

Band that didn't appear to give a damn:

Best old time rockers who can still do it: 

Band/act I walked out on:

Most underrated live performer I have seen: 

My guilty pleasure (an act I shouldn't have liked, but loved): 

Unknown Band/act you think everyone should see: 

I'll start:

Best opening act before the headline act: Led Zeppelin opening for Vanilla Fudge, December 1968

Band that didn't appear to give a damn: ZZ Top in Abbotsford

Best old time rockers who can still do it: Chilliwack

Band/act I walked out on: Neil Young, somewhere around the 25th minute of an endless, nasal, droning dirge.

Most underrated live performer I have seen: Joe Bonamassa

My guilty pleasure (an act I shouldn't have liked, but loved): Great Big Sea

Unknown Band/act you think everyone should see: The Brothers Landreth, Martyn Joseph

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

First Concert: BTO (lol)
Last Concert: Tragically Hip
Best Concert: *Pearl Jam 2005 (see below, mind was blown), Zeppelin
Worst Concert: ? have to think about this one...tbd
Loudest Concert: Fefe Dobson (I was standing on the speaker tower and blew out my eardrum)
Seen the Most: Pearl Jam / Matt Good
Most Surprising: Death Cab For Cutie (wasn't supposed to be there, drove my daughter and her friends...didn't have a ticket but a security guy saw me sitting outside listening to the BC Lions game on my Walkman and let me in...found an excellent seat right beside the stage)
Next Concert: probably Matt Good or PJ
Wish I Could Have Seen: Pink Floyd, Nirvana

Set List:

Release
Go
Animal
Save You
Given to Fly
Corduroy
Love Boat Captain
Even Flow
Better Man
1/2 Full
Daughter
Wishlist
Lukin
Grievance
Immortality
Nothingman
Down
Do the Evolution
Blood

Encore:
Footsteps
Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town
U
Alive
Encore 2:

Bee Girl
Black
Porch
Encore 3:
I Believe in Miracles
Baba O'Riley
Yellow Ledbetter

(unbelievable)

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Lost track of the amount of gigs I have been to in close to 50 years of going to live gigs, and my memory is effed from many serious concussions however I will give this a go. 

First gig, AC/DC - Bon Scott - , with Lobby Loyde and the Coloured Balls supporting them at a local town hall when I was 13.

First big concert Kiss in 1979. 

Last gig Steak Faced, ski bum friends of mine that formed a band 5 or 6 years ago. 

Last gig by a  " known" band The Clowns.

Best concert, so many to choose from however simply because I only saw the original line up once , The Dead Kennedy's.

Queen in 85 were bloody good to.

Band I have seen the most and by far my favourite Band NOFX. 

Loudest gig, I have Tinnitis so literally every punk rock gig I have been to, hundreds. 

Most surprising, Pink, I was expecting a good show however Alecia exceeded my expectations. 

Next gigs I have tickets to are the Circle Jerks who are opening for Pennywise in September.

And Good Things 

Bring Me The Horizons 

Music festival in early December, whole buncha bands including NOFX, TISM , Cosmic Pyscho's, The Amity Affliction, Regurgitator and more. 

Bands I wish I had seen The Sex Pistols, Bad Brains, Iggy Pop, The Cramps and so many more. 

I did see Pink Floyd in 88 however Roger Waters wasn't in the line-up.

man, totally forgot all those  Death/Black Metal ,  Punk/Oi! , Ska Gigs i have been . maybe have to adjust my list . to many good concerts ..cant remember them all. lol 

can remember a Cockney Rejects Gig.  i dropped at the Pogo Area and all guys stomped over me . my White Fred Perry shirt was full of Black Shoeprints from the other Guys Boots. i survived :D  wonderfulll ...hahahahaha 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

man, totally forgot all those  Death/Black Metal ,  Punk/Oi! , Ska Gigs i have been . maybe have to adjust my list . to many good concerts ..cant remember them all. lol 

can remember a Cockney Rejects Gig.  i dropped at the Pogo Area and all guys stomped over me . my White Fred Perry shirt was full of Black Shoeprints from the other Guys Boots. i survived :D  wonderfulll ...hahahahaha 

• Cheers 1