The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022-23 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

5 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Every year the Canucks pillage from their farm team and take their best players at the end of the season because they fail to build up NHL depth. :picard:

Abbotsford once was pretty locked into a playoff spot and now risk falling right out of the playoffs.

They need to send Silovs, Podkolzin, and Raty back to the farm. Their development will be much better suited playing meaningful games down the stretch.

You’re pretty depresswd nowadays. 
I don’t recognise you.

The management has to find out wich players to keep etc an that before TDL.

3 hours ago, Timråfan said:

You’re pretty depresswd nowadays. 
I don’t recognise you.

The management has to find out wich players to keep etc an that before TDL.

I can understand the need to get an evaluation on Wolanin as he is a UFA, the same goes for DeGiuseppe. All the others are under team control as RFA's and evaluations could have been done while in Abby. Pretty sure they have already made up their mind on a number of players futures with the club heading into next year.

Brisebois, Kalynuk and Juulsen are all 25 and Lockwood 24. These are the ones that decisions need to be made on. Not a fan of bringing up Raty, Pods and Aman and hope they are all papered down to Abby by the trade deadline.

34 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I can understand the need to get an evaluation on Wolanin as he is a UFA, the same goes for DeGiuseppe. All the others are under team control as RFA's and evaluations could have been done while in Abby. Pretty sure they have already made up their mind on a number of players futures with the club heading into next year.

Brisebois, Kalynuk and Juulsen are all 25 and Lockwood 24. These are the ones that decisions need to be made on. Not a fan of bringing up Raty, Pods and Aman and hope they are all papered down to Abby by the trade deadline.

I guess it comes down to how long they stay up. Abby will be in playoffs no matter how long they stay up. As you say some evaluation going on. I suspect it all gets resolved by the TDL. I like the idea of Abby players being rotated through Vancouver as a rule. Great experience for them, great evaluation tool. I was against leaving Utica for Abby and admit how foolish that thinking was. The ease with which players can be moved back and forth is a real asset. Boy was I wrong.

• Vintage 1

My fear is that the big club will keep some of them up for the duration of the season. Wolanin in particular, was the main play driver for Abby and they will not likely fare well in the playoffs if he is not on the team. Not sure how many can be papered down but Aman, Raty and Pods should be playing for Abby in the playoffs.

56 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I guess it comes down to how long they stay up. Abby will be in playoffs no matter how long they stay up. As you say some evaluation going on. I suspect it all gets resolved by the TDL. I like the idea of Abby players being rotated through Vancouver as a rule. Great experience for them, great evaluation tool. I was against leaving Utica for Abby and admit how foolish that thinking was. The ease with which players can be moved back and forth is a real asset. Boy was I wrong.

Good post Bouds.  People get so worked up before anything really happens.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Kootenay Gold said:

The play in NHL is way quicker so Tocchet needs to find out first hand, not via Abbotsford.

Regarding Räty, they have to find out if he’s worth gambling on as a 2/3C or if they can package him in a trade.

Rather important decisions.

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Remember, with the unbalanced schedule it's points % that determine the rankings

Abby is just hanging on to 2nd wildcard spot ...

20230225_102340.thumb.jpg.eb92f6c8edf9c1b68055b6856b73265f.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

@Googlie There is no wildcard in the AHL playoffs this season. The playoff format is as given below.

image.thumb.png.c6708d14cbdd7d8c196dacb3b0ccb141.png

Ah, thanks - I had forgotten that (if ever it registered with me when the unbalanced divisions were announced)  I had erroneously assumed the format was similar to the NHL

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Muttley said:

Always find it hilarious of the change of tone by the announcers when the opponents team scores or wins the game :lol:

Edited by Odd.