The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022-23 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

Just now, stawns said:

good defensive play there by Raty

Need more of that from him. Rough start to the game. Maybe nerves? He’s looked better as the game goes.

Bains, wow, so noticeable. He is my vote for most improved player of the year. We got something here I think.

1 minute ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Need more of that from him. Rough start to the game. Maybe nerves? He’s looked better as the game goes.

Bains, wow, so noticeable. He is my vote for most improved player of the year. We got something here I think.

I think he's had a quietly solid game.  You can see Colliton has some trust in him as a good two way C, which he is.

Boner!

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I'm a big Karlsson fan--he's probably the 2nd most exciting offensive forward in Abbotsford outside of Hoglander, but he's not a Boeser replacement unless he explodes into the NHL next year. Boeser produces 50-60 points a season. Karlsson does the same...in the AHL. Let's wait till we see him in the NHL before labeling him as ready to take a top 6 spot.

Given the same opportunity and playing partner (Miller) I feel he could be a better option on that line.

You'd have to accept the fact he will make some mistakes as he adjusts to the NHL level....keep in mind you could also also be saving 5.65 in cap to allocate elsewhere in the lineup. The upside is he can battle on the boards, retrieve pucks and set up scoring opportunities...and playing with better players should equate to solid point totals.

He would need be able to play in the defensive zone though to gain Tocchets trust...especially playing with Miller. LOL 

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Googlie said:

He's listed as 6'1" and 178 lbs, but about a month ago the intermission piece on him said he was 6' 2" and playing at 195 lbs.  If he could just develop another gear he'd be a prototypical power forward at that height and weight and skill level 

Agreed, he & McDonough need to spend the off season working with Yogi and Mackenzie Baird...truthfully so could some of our regulars.  

• Cheers 1