The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boudreau's thoughts on upcoming season

Rate this topic

Googlie

I’m seeing a lot of Hoglander on the fourth line on here, but I’m not too sure about that. He had a stellar rookie year and, like so many others before him, had a sophomore slump. I wouldn’t be surprised if he bounces back with a vengeance this year. The kid is tenacious and skilled. 

Having said that, if our top nine are playing well enough to keep Hogz on the fourth line, then that’s a pretty solid problem to have ;) 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

19 minutes ago, BureBurrito said:

What's his thoughts on his bench staff? Not too sold on a weak D being assistant coached by Trent Cull (who did nothing in the AHL these past few years)??:huh:

I mean considering his rosters I would say Cull got a lot out of them.

As for the D this season it’s going to come down to team D more than anything. That means the forwards need to back check, win puck battles, don’t blow the zone early, and be in an option for outlet passes. The forwards were just as guilty for poor D as the defensemen IMO. Yeo will be the one to try and dial those guys in and get them playing the right way.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1

On 9/1/2022 at 6:58 PM, AK_19 said:

I couldn't agree more with those lines.

Ummm I see another deal/s go down before season start. Pearson rumoured to waive his clause if to a contending team, Garland as well might be poof too, plus Hogs if he doesn't come out of the gate ears back... 

Still things might get shaken up yet, if JR has a chance to improve depth and shed cap then he'll jump on it. Sure we have a pretty good roster but depth still needs work and keep picks. 

The time of trading picks for roster players is gone it seems... I hope forever 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I mean considering his rosters I would say Cull got a lot out of them.

As for the D this season it’s going to come down to team D more than anything. That means the forwards need to back check, win puck battles, don’t blow the zone early, and be in an option for outlet passes. The forwards were just as guilty for poor D as the defensemen IMO. Yeo will be the one to try and dial those guys in and get them playing the right way.

If there's one thing Mike Yeo is good at is a tight defensive system. Those games against Minny were painful to watch at times. 2-1, 1-0, etc. Hopefully he can't mix with Bruce well and we get the best of both worlds.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/7/2022 at 2:14 AM, YearoftheNuck said:

I’m seeing a lot of Hoglander on the fourth line on here, but I’m not too sure about that. He had a stellar rookie year and, like so many others before him, had a sophomore slump. I wouldn’t be surprised if he bounces back with a vengeance this year. The kid is tenacious and skilled. 

Having said that, if our top nine are playing well enough to keep Hogz on the fourth line, then that’s a pretty solid problem to have ;) 

Roles are win and lost thru adversity and challenges. Hogz is playing for an NHL roster spot.  He can influence his assignment by his play, so he should only focus on what he can control.

Personal growth is experienced, not learned.

On 9/6/2022 at 10:14 PM, YearoftheNuck said:

Played all of last yr injured too.  Hogz with Petey and Podz is a future legit top line 

• Vintage 1

On 9/9/2022 at 3:53 PM, Jaimito said:

Here's the entire clip

On another note,  I'm glad to see shows like Donny and Dhali do well, and still get Canucks guests and top commentator guests, even though they are now reduced to a podcast.   1040 was doing well when Bell pulled the plug.  Much more popular than its rival 650.  Now its nice to see an independent station like CHEK TV, once owned by Frank Griffiths, get the spoils from Bell's idiotic decision.  

Does anyone actually listen to the Unfunny Station?  Old clips of washed up comedians.