The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Christian Wolanin | D

-Vintage Canuck-

On 1/4/2023 at 6:14 AM, Boudrias said:

Canucks are in a good position with Wolanin. If they blow the team up in Feb/Mar they can bring him up or flip for a pick. 

I have to laugh "IF" they blow the teamup. Don't hold your breath. First of all no one wants any of Vcr's trash*. So you buy out perriod! and I seriously doubt the Aqualinni's are willing to spend huge globs of money to do that. If it were me I'd rather sell the franchise and bring in money than blow it on past errors of judgement. The Cap top to bottom is a unanswerable mess. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

I have to laugh "IF" they blow the teamup. Don't hold your breath. First of all no one wants any of Vcr's trash*. So you buy out perriod! and I seriously doubt the Aqualinni's are willing to spend huge globs of money to do that. If it were me I'd rather sell the franchise and bring in money than blow it on past errors of judgement. The Cap top to bottom is a unanswerable mess. 

It may suck, it may take a long while. But it will eventually sort itself out. (4+ years from now)

Provided the team doesn't make any more stupid moves. 

The team will probably bottom out 1-2 seasons from now. 

But the damage is done. Salvage what you can. 

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

It may suck, it may take a long while. But it will eventually sort itself out. (4+ years from now)

Provided the team doesn't make any more stupid moves. 

The team will probably bottom out 1-2 seasons from now. 

But the damage is done. Salvage what you can. 

Likely to long and too late for a lot of STH. 

Nobody's talking about this guy enough, just quietly he's 4th or something in scoring in the AHL, leads the league in assists I believe and is over a PPG as a defenceman, just racking up offence every time he's on the ice. Not scoring much but looks like he's running the show over there.

I know the Canucks have Hughes and OEL locking down the top-4 left side but come on, when you've got a guy having as great a season as he is, he deserves some NHL time. I remember him in training camp really impressing me over a lot of NHL regulars.

Hughes - Bear

Wolanin - Myers

OEL - Schenn

Why not? What do you have to do to get a call-up these days? It's not like we're on a 10 game heater.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Nobody's talking about this guy enough, just quietly he's 4th or something in scoring in the AHL, leads the league in assists I believe and is over a PPG as a defenceman, just racking up offence every time he's on the ice. Not scoring much but looks like he's running the show over there.

I know the Canucks have Hughes and OEL locking down the top-4 left side but come on, when you've got a guy having as great a season as he is, he deserves some NHL time. I remember him in training camp really impressing me over a lot of NHL regulars.

Hughes - Bear

Wolanin - Myers

OEL - Schenn

Why not? What do you have to do to get a call-up these days? It's not like we're on a 10 game heater.

He at least looked capable defensively too. Better than Stillman in every aspect.

• Like 2

On 1/11/2023 at 1:22 PM, Fred65 said:

First step is to buy out OEL, big saving in the first two years, then two tough 5.2 mil years, then a mil or so till the end..Getting rid of OEL will be addition by subtraction. If we tank, our cap will be down anyway. Probably no Horvat, just let Myers run out. Trading or keeping Kuzmenko will bring a substantial profit. Gives us a chance to see what Wolanin and Johansson are all about as nhl players (or not).

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

First step is to buy out OEL, big saving in the first two years, then two tough 5.2 mil years, then a mil or so till the end..Getting rid of OEL will be addition by subtraction. If we tank, our cap will be down anyway. Probably no Horvat, just let Myers run out. Trading or keeping Kuzmenko will bring a substantial profit. Gives us a chance to see what Wolanin and Johansson are all about as nhl players (or not).

Is it Kuzmenko or Horvat that leaves.  First thing I noticed in Tocchhets first gme is he moved Miller to centre which looks like Kuzmenk wins the prize and Horvat is  gone. Plus i think the partnership of Kuz and EP can only get better and who knows mabe influnce EP decision to stay I'd like to see OEL gonzo

Edited by Fred65
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fred65 said:

Is it Kuzmenko or Horvat that leaves.  First thing I noticed in Tocchhets first gme is he moved Miller to centre which looks like Kuzmenk wins the prize and Horvat is  gone. Plus i think the partnership of Kuz and EP can only get better and who knows mabe influnce EP decision to stay I'd like to see OEL gonzo

They'll try to keep Kuzmenko in order to keep Pettersson down the road. Plus, Kuzmenko will likely be les expensive than Horvat and Horvat should bring back a lot of return in a trade. Yep. Thia team is not moving ahead till they buy out OEL.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

They'll try to keep Kuzmenko in order to keep Pettersson down the road. Plus, Kuzmenko will likely be les expensive than Horvat and Horvat should bring back a lot of return in a trade. Yep. Thia team is not moving ahead till they buy out OEL.

Sure enough the Kuzmenko deal has been signed, which means a change of area code for Horvat. That assumes the Cap Sapce remins constant ie no big sales

• Cheers 1