The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

19 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

LOL.  Well that puts a different light on things.  Nevertheless, it looks like Hoglander's play may just keep him up with the big club this year, regardless of whether or not that was the plan from the start.

Put Lazar at center, he's better at faceoffs, and Hogs on the wing. Dicks can be the 13th forward.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Put Lazar at center, he's better at faceoffs, and Hogs on the wing. Dicks can be the 13th forward.

Honestly, I feel like Pears would be a better fit on 4th line than Hogz... Hogz got too much speed to burn and he can pop in goals where Pears is a power forward type more suitable for a checking line.

• Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Honestly, I feel like Pears would be a better fit on 4th line than Hogz... Hogz got too much speed to burn and he can pop in goals where Pears is a power forward type more suitable for a checking line.

At first I was trying to figure out which player goes by the nickname "Pears", image.jpeg.6accc2232a483285416ee8493b5f7876.jpeg  then I clued in!:lol:  I think you may be right, a switch of Hoglander and 'Pears' on the first and fourth lines could turn out to be a best fit, although Pears will probably have to play himself off the first line first.  Dickinson could then just stay as the 13th forward, although the way DiGiuseppe has started, he may be making a claim on that spot as well.  Considering that they probably won't be concerned about losing him on waivers though, I think he'll more likely be an early injury call-up.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

At first I was trying to figure out which player goes by the nickname "Pears", image.jpeg.6accc2232a483285416ee8493b5f7876.jpeg  then I clued in!:lol:  I think you may be right, a switch of Hoglander and 'Pears' on the first and fourth lines could turn out to be a best fit, although Pears will probably have to play himself off the first line first.  Dickinson could then just stay as the 13th forward, although the way DiGiuseppe has started, he may be making a claim on that spot as well.  Considering that they probably won't be concerned about losing him on waivers though, I think he'll more likely be an early injury call-up.

Aww... Really?? Di Giuseppe has been impressive so far? He belongs in NHL!!