The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Hoglander the fastest and arguably best player on the ice, he was the best at training camp a couple of years ago too.

You have to give him a chance, surely Bruce has been proven wrong and will do so in the pre-season games and then decide how they all perform.

Sadly the top 9 wingers are all very strong but I think Hogs is going to force himself into the lineup. I could honestly see him out-perform someone like Garland which would be a great internal battle to watch.

Realistically though he's going to struggle to crack the top 9 so hopefully will get rolled out on the 4th line and moved up if there's any injuries but you never know - this kid was a 20 goal scoring pace in his rookie year and had injuries and set backs last year, who's to say he doesn't get back to a 20+ goal scoring pace and force himself into our top 3 lines and then push someone like Pearson or Garland or Mikheyev onto our 4th line?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

He was also injured enough the last 10ish games, that he required surgery this summer. The only times Demko struggled over a stretch of games (twice) was when he was playing through an injury. I think if healthy he will be in the running for a vezina. 

Hopefully, Spencer can play like he did last season, so we can keep Demko rested and healthy.

I'm confident Spencer will be lights out again... He knows it's taken him this far to finally make it in the NHL..

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Muttley said:

Sure like to know what you're on about? All I said was at some point I'd like to see Podkolzin play on Miller's wing like he did at the latter part of last season.

Never mind. Not sure what you mean. swig

Sorry I wasn't trying to knock anything you said haha! Just saying pears with our best player = inflated numbers = we maybe gain assets from those redundant players :P

• Cheers 1