The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

12 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

OMG is there anyone on this team that isn't made of glass?!? Sorry for the hysterics, but really? The season hasn't even started yet WTF.

(And yes, I know others will get to step up etc., but say what you will about the Giraffe, he's not replaceable, even in the interim with what we have)

And this is the reason why people shouldn't be complaining about going all out in a preseason game.  Our injuries are starting to pile up before the regular season even begins.  

Edited by Viper007

14 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

October 12th, 2022, Edmonton, #97 - Got It!

McDavid's been playing like a real douche since Kane showed up.

If you want to be the best, you have to play with some class Connie.

(Nobody's gonna wanna buy a #97 McDOUCHE sweater.)

(Well, maybe I would...)

image.jpeg

I'm getting pretty tired of watching McD slash and crosscheck ad nauseam, with no calls 

• Cheers 3

6 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

And this is the reason why you shouldn't be complaining about going all out in a preseason game.  Our injuries are starting to pile up before the regular season even begins.  

Are you saying "you" referring to "one" or speaking to me. I haven't even waded into that preseason dialog lol.

I was just going through some preseason games and noticed that Carolina doesn't play another preseason game, and their last preseason game was half full of AHLers. 

Wow! People here would lose their $hit if that happened here.

19 hours ago, RakuRaku said:

So... Safe to say QH experiment on the right is over?? Seems like Poolman is gonna be our #4 D to start!

I would say that the QH on the right experiment hinged on DeKeyzer or maybe Dermott (long shot) stepping into the top 4.

If those guys can't step into the top 4, our left side is not really stronger than the right

lets face it, 

this team has

2 top 2, both left shot

1 top 4 rightie Giraffe

Schenn where ever you think he belongs, he's at least 4th but maybe even the 3rd best d on the team, rightie

as long as the guy coming in to fill the 2LD spot isn't strong enough to carry Myers, there is no gain to moving 23 or 43 over to the right

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

I was just going through some preseason games and noticed that Carolina doesn't play another preseason game, and their last preseason game was half full of AHLers. 

Wow! People here would lose their $hit if that happened here.

they probably have their line up set, with lots of hold overs and are not a chronic slow starting team in games and seasons.

maybe their last game was so long ago that the coach didn't feel it was useful for timing sake.

are they starting in Europe?

7 minutes ago, lmm said:

they probably have their line up set, with lots of hold overs and are not a chronic slow starting team in games and seasons.

maybe their last game was so long ago that the coach didn't feel it was useful for timing sake.

are they starting in Europe?

No they're in NA.  And their last preseason game was tuesday.

Well, waivers bin quiet, not really seen anyone who's obviously better than what we have under contract.

All the same it'll be a fun watch as Bruce configures the openers.

We're in far better shape than a year ago, and have some new shiney toys to play with.

Could be that our two most-mentioned players could find some past form and who knows, mebbe someone steps up to own that RD.

• Cheers 1