The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pre-Season [GDT/PGT] Seattle Kraken @ Vancouver Canucks/ Thursday, Sept. 29/22 / 6:30pm KONG, NHLN,SN1, SNP, 650AM at Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

What an entertaining game!  It felt like the Canucks let up a little at some point but full points to Seattle for not quitting.  

Great game by some of the new guys: Karlsson, Kuzmenko, and Joshua.  

Hoggy was very active and all over the place, same with Garland.  

The only forward that I didn't like today was Nils Aman and even he had solid shifts, but I just thought he was a bit out of his depth.  

Jack Rathbone needs a lot of playing time, and he WILL make mistakes.  I think that we can "burn" this season to give him the experience as his upside will more then pay off for the mistakes that he will make this year.  

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

Yes, but garlands job is to the the one man back when he sees highes up in the play.  That's why they have systems 

I'll give you that. It's basic hockey knowledge to hang back when others are pushing forward. It's that awareness, which at least gives the team a chance to defend if there's a turnover. 

Just now, stawns said:

Of course not, but we are seeing the same lazy, nonchalant attitude from some of the vets that plagued them early last season.

Bad habits are hard to kick

What laziness did you see that I missed in a preseason game that is simply giving the boys time to shake off the off season rust and allow the non-contract guys to do their thing?

I feel like I gotta explain preseason to my 6 year old.

It’s just preseason hockey. Take it for what it is. Good, bad and ugly. 

Let the team work it out for awhile before you go full Morty. 

image.gif.1d3a1c682394389c798ac62d886f3c9d.gif

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

Until he’s injured again, the guy can’t stay healthy, hasn’t played a full season yet

and how many solid players were on the other side? That was basically an ahl team over there that just beat the Canucks missing only 4 off their full roster

Until anyone is injured again, including Petey or Miller or whomever. 

Every team deals with injuries. 

Get a grip. 

• Cheers 2

21 minutes ago, hockeyville88 said:

unacceptable by the top line that they are so gassed that they don’t have any juice to get back defensively

If it was in the season yes but not now...  You can work out all summer you want but it's not real game workout, you work your way back though.

It's fine!

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Garland made a couple blind passes tonight to noone. One in OT and one in regulation that led to the tying goal.

He also made 5 nice plays for every one of those.  I'm not worried about him trying things in the pre-season. 

24 minutes ago, hockeyville88 said:

unacceptable by the top line that they are so gassed that they don’t have any juice to get back defensively

If it was in the season yes but not now...  You can work out all summer you want but it's not real game workout, you work your way back though.

It's fine!

Win or lose, we should be happy with the effort.