The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Horvat to Columbus for Boone Jenner and Andrew Peeke (Proposal)

1 hour ago, wildcam said:

I agree if Horvat camp demand over 6.9 million X 7 yrs its time to trade Horvat for young RD man.

Horvat younger then Miller should get a decent package back.. 

I would hope that either Horvat is signed or traded before October 15th this would be a big distraction..

Really feel a team will offer Horvat 7.5 X 7 yrs as a UFA.. Vancouver will never let Horvat become a UFA to big of asset to walk..

Canucks have some big contracts already and more coming big contracts to come..

Petey - 2 yrs away - 8.5 - 9 million? 

Podkolzin -2 yrs away 

Example - Markstrom -- Tanev, of recent left for nothing....

Markstrom different reason, but yes...

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

This is a solid proposal. 

Columbus with the signing of Johnny definitely can't ignore that they need to try and compete. Their team has a mix of some younger guys and more established players in their prime. They definitely need more top 6 talent/scoring and Horvat provides that. On RD they also have Boqvist and Gudbranson who you could say would be in their top 4 on D. 

Jenner is solid and would be a good 3C (just need to check in on his health before agreeing on the Vancouver end) and Peeke is interesting. Not very young, but still improving hopefully and played in their top 4 and did alright (with a great partner). 

As a Canuck fan you always worry about not getting enough for a trade like this. We are clearly giving up the best player in the trade. Obviously if they can pry out a draft pick also that would be the cherry on top.  

18 hours ago, Alflives said:

We have until July 2023 to trade Miller, no?  If we start this year like last year (and this preseason) then Miller, Bo, and others could all be gone.  

Not a fan of that idea (of trading all the major vets, since we'd need to get those very same building block type players to help Petey, Quinn and Hughes).  Horvat's 2 years younger than Miller (27 vs 29 years old), so if we trade Miller and give Horvat the 8 year deal, I think he could still be solid until 35, whereas with Miller we're banking on the same until he's 37, when he'll probably slow down considerably and we'd have longer term of bad years left.  If Horvat isn't top-6 anymore by the time he's 33, we'd have 2 bad years but he would still be strong in his own zone, so I'd rather take that risk over Miller, whose large term and NMC could really handcuff the team. 

IMO we could trade Miller and Garland (and maybe somehow package some of Dickinson/ Poolman with them, and maybe get a pick back) and retool from there.

Kuzmenko - Petey - Boeser (if Kuzmenko is the real deal, his puck-retrieval and setup skills could really help 40 and 6)
Podkolzin - Horvat - Mikheyev (strong two-way line #1)
Pearson - Jenner - Hoglander (strong two-way line #2)
Joshua - Lazar - Lockwood(?)

Hughes - Peeke (this could potentially patch up a major need at #1 RHD)
OEL - Myers (wait until Myers is pending UFA and try to trade him too)

Rathbone/ Dermott/ Schenn/ ... (if we fall off I hope we trade Dermott/ Schenn if they have market value, since they're pending)

Not too bad, at least on paper.

20 hours ago, shiznak said:

Columbus’s blueline is as thin as it is. They’re not going to trade one of their top defensemen and their newly named captain for a pending UFA. 

Maybe we revisit Columbus and Peeke in particular next summer. Assuming Jiricek and Cuelemans make the jump, Peeke might be available. Hague this summer, Peeke next summer would be nice and really solidify the top 4.

On 10/5/2022 at 10:39 AM, Crabcakes said:

Horvat isn't worth $8M.  Sean Couturier ($7.75), former Selke winner is much better defensively and has had 76 points twice in his career and Horvat has topped out at 61 points once.  The comparable is pushing it.  

Shh.   Realistic and the CDC don't always align.  To me Schenn in St. Louis is his best comp.   Not Couture and not Hayes either.    If he's asking for the moon then trade him absolutely.   And this is a trade that would he tough to refuse even if Horvat signed at 6 x 8. 

On 10/5/2022 at 11:23 AM, J.I.A.H.N said:

I don't think so either CC, but with Boeser getting $6,650,000 on a 3 year, in a flat cap era, it begs the question of what Horvat's will be when the cap is expected to go up? How much does a 30 goal scorer make. Remember, Horvat's contract is up in a year, not tomorrow, so it is all in future dollars, and what his comparatives will be signing for in a year.

Maybe 8 million is a little steep, but mid 7's is not out of the question, and still forces the same question out about so much cap being allocated to so few.

Also remember that Horvat hadn't done barely anything before the coaching change.   First half was 30 point territory if the second half was just as bad. 

I don't think " The Bruce Bump" was as good as it was or that we will fall on our faces either.   Somewhere inbetween most likely.   Horvat scored most of his goals down the stretch, and a lot of them on the PP.   He's a ONE time 30 goal scorer.   Will it continue?  Well to me he's way more Brayden Schenn then ... a guy at his age who becomes a perrenial 30 goal guy.   Usually those guys already have scored 30 a few times at least before they are Horvats age.  

He's had half a decade now of first unit PP time.   Anyone who isn't scoring 25 goals at least  and gets those minutes is well ... not doing their job well, or part of a very very bad team.      He was for part of that for sure.   But not so much the last four years.    It's a little ridiculous to ask for 7.5-8 but if he wants too go ahead.   ARI might bite, only them and Seattle even have the space at that sort of dough really too.   

As for Brock.  I'd bet Horvats next deal is just as likely to surpass what Brocks going to earn over the same period.  If i had to actually place a bet, i'd go with Horvats next contract.    He got another bridge deal that's about it.   Horvat?  Well he's getting a 49-56 million dollar deal next. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Goal:thecup said:

Thanks Jan, good suggestion.

But,   NO   to trading the BO!

Here is my proposal:

Bo Horvat to Stanley Park with The Stanley Cup Parade Bandwagon!

ALL ABOARD!

Politest "Go screw yourself Jan" I have ever gotten! Thanks GTC

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Politest "Go screw yourself Jan" I have ever gotten! Thanks GTC

Hey how can anyone ask Janis with a smiling Orr ever to do that.  This is one of the best proposals ive seen here in a while.  I'm not sure CLB would do it as well as VAN.  That means it's right in range.  

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Hey how can anyone ask Janis with a smiling Orr ever to do that.  This is one of the best proposals ive seen here in a while.  I'm not sure CLB would do it as well as VAN.  That means it's right in range.  

It is one of the better proposals for sure.

A lot of the 'have to trade Horvat' posters are working their way through it.

Jan is a hockey nut Orr, Bobby isn't the best.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

It is one of the better proposals for sure.

A lot of the 'have to trade Horvat' posters are working their way through it.

Jan is a hockey nut Orr, Bobby isn't the best.

I agree he's not the best.  Just the second best.   Then Mario.   Then a gap. 

Then who the heck knows ... could be Coffey.  Or Potvin or Roy.   Or Hasek or even Shore or Borque or Harvey.  Or Howe, Hull Snr or Richard.   

Then a level down.  Al Mac .. Robinson, Lidstrom.    Lol notice i take every opportunity to make sure people know that Lidstrom actually didn't walk on water.     Guess that's me beating the horse thing.   Anyone who's watched Pronger at the top of his game knows Lidstrom was a tier down then from that.   And well Al Mac.   Was a tier above at his best.  So sure Rafalski and Gonchar and Phanuef were stiff competition lol.  Of course they weren't everyone knew that at the time.  Lidstrom is the most overrated D ive ever watched play.   Would be like saying Hedman, Doughty or EK is the heir apparent top five all-time D.   You know he's not. Because if you watched Lidstrom play, and the others as well.   He was like Larry Murphy plus a bit ... on better teams lol.   Sorry Lidstrom fans.   He was barely in my top ten of D's ive watched play.   And that doesn't include Orr.     

Edit:  I don't hate Lidstrom.  I hate hockey revisionist history that isn't accurate.    Not all Norris trophies are the same.   Same as Art Ross's and that pretty obvious. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Then who the heck knows ... could be Coffey.  Or Potvin or Roy.   Or Hasek or even Shore or Borque or Harvey.  Or Howe, Hull Snr or Richard.   

Then a level down.  Al Mac .. Robinson, Lidstrom.    Lol notice i take every opportunity to make sure people know that Lidstrom actually didn't walk on water.     Guess that's me beating the horse thing.   Anyone who's watched Pronger at the top of his game knows Lidstrom was a tier down then from that.   And well Al Mac.   Was a tier above at his best.  So sure Rafalski and Gonchar and Phanuef were stiff competition lol.  Of course they weren't everyone knew that at the time.  Lidstrom is the most overrated D ive ever watched play.   Would be like saying Hedman, Doughty or EK is the heir apparent top five all-time D.   You know he's not. Because if you watched Lidstrom play, and the others as well.   He was like Larry Murphy plus a bit ... on better teams lol.   Sorry Lidstrom fans.   He was barely in my top ten of D's ive watched play.   And that doesn't include Orr.     

(Bolded above) is not the way I meant that.

Too much wordplay perhaps, whatever...

Latest Whatevs GIFs | Gfycat

Bobby Orr is still my all-time favorite player.

• Haha 1
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

That is a funny mem...................I feel like that alot of days! I have Covid right now, so definitely feel that way!

• Huggy Bear 2

1 minute ago, Goal:thecup said:

Hey that's alright.  Sometime when i read my stuff back, well man is this me .. the Walken of the CDC lol.   And wonder what the hell am i even talking about lol.   Except when it comes to Lidstrom.   He's one guy i can't believe folks believe should be considered the best D of all-time.   Rubs me the wrong way.    Once you get to around 6-7 then sure maybe his name should come up that's about it. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

That is a funny mem...................I feel like that alot of days! I have Covid right now, so definitely feel that way!

Damn beat me to it Janis.   Hope you feel better soon!  And well at least that's a cool meme. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Hey that's alright.  Sometime when i read my stuff back, well man is this me .. the Walken of the CDC lol.   And wonder what the hell am i even talking about lol.   Except when it comes to Lidstrom.   He's one guy i can't believe folks believe should be considered the best D of all-time.   Rubs me the wrong way.    Once you get to around 6-7 then sure maybe his name should come up that's about it. 

The word play is in spelling 'or' with 2 Arrrrs.

And I am Walken in that reply.

We have better things to do.

(Or at least you might; all I gotta do is take a piss; then I'll be right back!)

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Goal:thecup said:

The word play is in spelling 'or' with 2 Arrrrs.

And I am Walken in that reply.

We have better things to do.

(Or at least you might; all I gotta do is take a piss; then I'll be right back!)

lol well guess what i'm doing right now.  

Just now, IBatch said:

Edit:  I don't hate Lidstrom.  I hate hockey revisionist history that isn't accurate.    Not all Norris trophies are the same.   Same as Art Ross's and that pretty obvious. 

I find Phil Esposito is the guy who often gets left off these lists or mentioned way too late.  Or Coffey who you, like me, might have at 4th.