The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Oilers Oct 12/22 7:00PM PST SN/SN650/CHED

Rate this topic

Odd.

14 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Calling that literally eliminates their first goal. 

Assuming we don’t capitalize on the double minor against Kane. McDavid scored twice and Nurse scored a SH goal. That’s three unanswered goals, and it would be still a tied game. 

Edited by shiznak

Just now, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

This defense is not good enough to sit on a lead, you used to think a 3-0 lead was safe. 

I wouldn't put that game on the dcorp.  It was a team (lack) of effort.  Too sloppy, too lazy from too many fwds.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Well other than that... Did he create scoring chances or get some decent shots?? Maybe he was slightly better than Boeser??

Did anyone really create grade-a scoring chances? Like honestly. Think back and tell me how many tough saves Campbell had to make. We whiffed on a few, we heeled a few, sent them wide.. Campbell didnt really have a ton of traffic or in tight shots

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Well other than that... Did he create scoring chances or get some decent shots?? Maybe he was slightly better than Boeser??

And honestly.. would you rather a couple chances or 2 mins of opportunities? Drawing a penalty from moving your feet is a huge contribution. He literally EARNED us powerplays, if you can call it that. Drawing penalties is not easy. Trips, highsticks, puck over the glass, delay of games.. crap like that are gimme’s although the reffs missed a blatantly obvious one tonight.

Special teams is what lost us this game.  We were 2-1 5v5 against the two best players in the world.  They got 2 PP goals and a PK goal and an empty net goal.

We were up 3-0.  We just couldn't finish them.  Not really anyone in particular to blame.  Other than the Petey line the other lines all had their problems.  Same with the Dmen.  I thought Poolman had a good game to be honest, he was probably the best Dman out there and seemed to play alot against McDavid.

• Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

I wouldn't put that game on the dcorp.  It was a team (lack) of effort.  Too sloppy, too lazy from too many fwds.

Tha 'Nucks as a whole stopped their aggressive skating and forecheck in the second period. That alone allowed the Deadmonton Coilers back in the game. And let's not get started on PP and PK.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Wasn’t just me who saw it..

that thread is full of unhappy fans.

It's astounding how when BO has a clearly bad game, it's always BUT Miller!!!!  Miller was engaged in this game, BO wasn't.  Miller had a beautiful goal and BO didn't have any.  

Petey was the best player on the ice and played centre.  But some people think he is a winger.  Just head scratching stuff really...

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Even with the score aside in that first period, the Canucks looked like a well organized team with five guys back and being hard on the forecheck.  I was pumped more by how they were playing cohesively than what the score was.  And then suddenly it all fell apart.  Less hustle, terrible passing, no organized forechecking and defensive breakdowns.  Waaaay too many backpasses and I'm going to puke if I see another PP entry that has OEL skate up the ice only to predictably pass back.  It just looks so disjointed.

Anyway, the coilers won based on speed.  The Canucks were quicker in the first period and the score was reflective overall.  

27 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Pearson was pretty much uselss... Maybe we.should just use him on the 4th line and call up Karlsson?

I'd take him off the Miller line and replace him with Mikheyev when he returns.  Mikheyev's speed should help that line get more scoring chances.  As for Pearson, I'd demote him to the 4th line and take Aman out.  Hoglander has earned a spot on the Petey line.  Hopefully BB doesn't mess with that line.

• There it is 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It's astounding how when BO has a clearly bad game, it's always BUT Miller!!!!  Miller was engaged in this game, BO wasn't.  Miller had a beautiful goal and BO didn't have any.  

Petey was the best player on the ice and played centre.  But some people think he is a winger.  Just head scratching stuff really...

Pettersson was 3 for 11 on the faceoffs tonight.

What is wrong with him playing wing? Mikael Granlund shifted over to the wing under BB and had his best scoring production to date. 

31 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Pearson was pretty much uselss... Maybe we.should just use him on the 4th line and call up Karlsson?

Not sure about that.  He didn't finish at all but he was involved in this game.  

Hogz was not reassuring me though, nor was Horvat.  Aside from one fast push down the ice where I said "holy crap that's actually Boeser", I thought he wasn't that visible, but I'll give him a pass given the injury.  

To be honest though, Miller probably did more harm in this game with his blind passes than good, but at least he had some good.

• Like 1