The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Washington Capitals | Oct. 17, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, DJSkingz said:

What platform you on? If you're on PS I would be more than happy to help you as a summon.

Appreciate the offer, but I'm on Xbox. I've only beaten a handful of bosses so far, and eventually I think I'll learn to beat all the main bosses to complete the game, but I have a real problem with dying in video games lol. Like, it really stresses me out, so I make very slow progress in Elden Ring because I spend a huge amount of effort not dying. It's probably not the ideal game for me in that regard, but I love everything else about it. It's the first game I've played in years where I get so immersed in to the world they've created that I forget I'm playing a game. Easily one of the top 5 games ever for me. And it's getting to the point where Canucks games are more stressful than Elden Ring!

Anaheim and Los Angeles both look pretty good right now heck maybe they already caught up, if not surpassed, the Canucks already.

Which does pose a question. Should the Canucks just rebuild? 

Not good enough to catch up to Calgary, Edmonton, and Vegas and losing ground to LA and Anaheim fast. 

Edited by iinatcc

3 hours ago, Darius said:

fans deserve better than this.  We endured 2014-2020 thinking those were the years the team will turn things around. From the looks of this team it might take 5 years to be taken seriously..

I am not so sure that anyone who believed 2014-2020 was the path to the promise land actually deserves better than this.

Fans that were easily duped by Benning are reaping the desserts of their gullibility 

22 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Scrutiny is something I support and totally agree with. 

My Lord and Baby Jesus Christ, there’s some scrutiny that needs to be said from the fanbase and the team itself about this current team. 

But why lose heart’? Just us fans talking. Are we going to be so fickle and without ‘heart’ for the team that we either were born with, grew up with, immigrated into, and sadly, died with? 

We definitely have questions and deserve answers and change. 

But, we also need to be steadfast in our unity as ‘Canucks United’. 

Good or bad. Thick or thin. 

That’s just us. 

see above

Just now, lmm said:

I am not so sure that anyone who believed 2014-2020 was the path to the promise land actually deserves better than this.

Fans that were easily duped by Benning are reaping the desserts of their gullibility 

Remember 2+ years when Benning said this team is 2 years away from really competing ...

Here We Are Season 3 GIF by The Office

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, McBackup said:

Nope. We'll finish dead last, fall back 3 spots in the lottery and thanks to a rounding error Edmonton somehow ends up with the first overall pick again. 

that may well be true, but think of the fun we can have all season long pretending it won't turn out that way

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Right now it’s a piece of shit team play. Piece of shit PP.  Piece of shit Defending. Piece of shit effort. 

But, don’t be a piece of shit fan for losing your faith after 3 games. 

The team needs to trade for Defence. That’s a known. 

Until that. 

Keep your support going. 

Our collective support is what binds us together. It keeps us as ‘us’. 

‘Keep it together’ boys and girls. 

I’ve been waiting since 1970. How much longer can I keep it together? I probably don’t have that much time left. 

• Cheers 1

The current vibe is a return to the TG era just before he was fired. 

The difference is that the current team can score. 

Bruce needs to find the magic touch again and steer them to a win. I think they can even go on a streak. We know the D isn't good enough, but team D is a bigger problem now, including goaltending. It is just a matter of time they get it right. 

Probably good that the team is on the road rather than at home. 

7 minutes ago, lmm said:

see above

A little bit snarky and condescending  don’t you think? I thought Benning’s time was up by the end of that period. At the same time I didn’t think this team was a cup contender last year.  My point was , after to 7-8 years one would have thought the bulk of the misery was over in light of the pieces that were in place.

You are basically saying some fans deserve to be miserable .. a crappy attitude that puts fans in certain camps and ignores the plight of the fan base for half a century.   But you - you don’t deserve misery. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Remember 2+ years when Benning said this team is 2 years away from really competing ...

Here We Are Season 3 GIF by The Office

yes, I do.

I was here for that.

I was here for the Baertschi for a 2nd now playing for Calgary trade

and team toughness ala Dorsett

While the last season and now this are bringing all these dubious records of futility

I wonder if Ol Jim will go down as the GM to sign the highest number of man-games lost to LITR

How is this not on the management? Anyone who knows hockey can tell where the problem lies. Nothing, management did nothing to fix it. Holy cow…… how is this acceptable? 

we have Kyle Burroughs playing top 2 minutes for crying out loud. Our of the three d men we are missing the only real nhl quality piece is Myers… even with Myers back we have Quinn, OEL, Myers, Schenn and…..? Four NHL dmen on the roster and somehow we didn’t fix the D in the off-season? 

• Cheers 2