The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday Oct 20/22 Vancouver Canucks (0-3-1) @ Minnesota Wild (0-3) at Xcel Energy Center 5:00pm PT SN360 SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

25 minutes ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

I know A LOT of Canucks fan and from what they say and from the general consensus online, most fans want the flying skate, and a black red yellow colour scheme.

Like what the hell is the marketing team thinking.

From the top down to even the social media and marketing..

So much disconnect with the ones that line their pockets from buying merchandise and tickets.

They would make MORE money and fans would be less salty if they just listened for once. We are the consumer to this product lol

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Wild are better, bigger and faster. Likely angry about losing three in a row as well. 
going 5-2 Wild. 

Lol we ain't scoring only twice against a team who gives up 7 every night. But we will blow a 3 goal lead to lose 7-6 or something lol:unsure:

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

Demko does Demko things, the good guys win. 

Definitely.

I certainly wouldn’t say Demko has been the problem this season, but he also hasn’t yet played to his full ability.

By the numbers, he’s yet to really provide a quality start for the Canucks this season and his “goals saved above average” type stats are not good at all (he currently has the 2nd worst GSAA in the league, at all strengths, with 13 goals surrendered versus 8.11 expected goals).

Demko is a talented enough netminder that he can (and should) steal some games for this team (even if nothing else changes, and some of the struggling players in front of him continue to **** the bed). 

At his best, Demmer has the ability to win games singlehandedly.

While I’d certainly prefer to see a whole team effort where the guys in front of him play well enough to ensure victory, regardless of quality of the goaltending, a heroic effort by Demko (not gonna jinx things and say the “S-word”) could really give this team a lift, and their first win on the season.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Definitely.

I certainly wouldn’t say Demko has been the problem this season, but he also hasn’t yet played to his full ability.

By the numbers, he’s yet to really provide a quality start for the Canucks this season and his “goals saved above average” type stats are not good at all (he currently has the 2nd worst GSAA in the league, at all strengths, with 13 goals surrendered versus 8.11 expected goals).

Demko is a talented enough netminder that he can (and should) steal some games for this team (even if nothing else changes, and some of the struggling players in front of him continue to **** the bed). 

At his best, Demmer has the ability to win games singlehandedly.

While I’d certainly prefer to see a whole team effort where the guys in front of him play well enough to ensure victory, regardless of quality of the goaltending, a heroic effort by Demko (not gonna jinx things and say the “S-word”) could really give this team a lift, and their first win on the season.

I'm going for an eye exam later today and might be getting dilation, so that might save me from watching another loss if Demmer is off today.

I know the odds of what I am about to say are very slim from happening but if there was ever a time to replace the coach it would be now...Barry Trotz has always been able to get the best out of his team as a defensive minded coach and he has a cup ring as well. But, it would require the owner to be on the hook for 3 NHL coach salaries this year and Trotz won't be cheap so it is very unlikely to happen.