The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Buffalo Sabres at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 22, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

it got pretty "don't re-sign Miller", but I didn't see a lot of people sayng he wasn't an excellent player........just that he isn't right for this team or this team's timeline.

I guess we saw different threads. 

Miller might be fine for this team, maybe someone else needs to go to find the right mix. Or maybe it is Miller. 

Its just too hard to know without being in the room and seeing the offers from other teams. 

Edited by JM_

1 hour ago, -DLC- said:

With NOTHING at all but personal opinion to base this on, like the rest of us.

I, too, don't think we should move Bo but we have no idea what "the issues" are. Mostly, they're that the team has lost all confidence (again) and the PTSD from last year is creeping back in (in MY opinion). But they managed to turn it around....led (mainly) by the guy that most here would get rid of.

I am suffering from PGTS - Post Game Thread Stress!

HELP!

Somebody help this team, quick!

Let's get it sorted before tomorrow night.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KyGuy123 said:

Kuzmenko will bolt after this year no doubt, not a very fun environment to be in to be honest. As a long time fan, I hope this sites a full rebuild and we build from the backend out this time. Keep Hughes, Pettersson and Demko and build. You might have to trade a Podkolzin for that Stud Dman unfortunately, or he could also be a piece moving forward. 

Management knew we needed to blow the team up and they resign Miller instead of gaining assets and cap. In 3 years I see a whole other set of hires and potential a team sale due to fans not coming or supporting this absolute tire fire of decisions. 

Kuz is going to have to show more than he has so far if he wants any significant offers.  I think if they fix the drssing room issue and Kuz sees a positive turn, he'll be on board.  You don't turn your nose at playing with a player like Petey

I really thought our team would be in the top 3 of our division. 

The thing that makes this even worse is that they can not seem to figure any of their problems out. 

Like JR said. The team is full of good players but they have bad habits. They know what to do but don’t do it. What the hell!

It’s so depressing. 

1 minute ago, stawns said:

as disappointing as the start is, it's going to be kinkd of fun seeing how management deals with this situation and what path they decide to go down.

Bill Murray Reaction GIF

So you want to be a GM, Patrick :lol:?

yep this one's a pickle. 

I don't have anything to back it up but my gut feeling, but I think Boeser isn't long for this team. 

1 hour ago, chon derry said:

Rutherfords interview he seemed to side with BB saying he has 1year left and he’ll be here for - 1more year something to that effect. If that’s the case then who hired yeo? Every other team that has hired him did so with him being put into a interim coaching position.    (hired gun). Somebody didn’t have much faith in boudreau and were preparing for the teams failure being on boudreau if it were to happen. and not on the unexpected trouble in the room (Miller cough cough) so Rutherfords statement re- boudreau does seem to conflict with yeos hiring ,if it was Rutherford that actually hired him.?  It does have a little sprinkling of hypocrisy to it? That unless he Rutherford also has/had doubts about him boudreau as well , if that’s the case then he’s kinda talking out of both sides of his mouth. Putting yeo in only exacerbates any problems , tyrant coach’s not needed at a time like this. My moneys on another FA getting in the way choice.  

BB hired Yeo didn't he?

(That's what messes me up; wtf!?)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I guess we saw different threads. 

Miller might be fine for this team, maybe someone else needs to go to find the right mix. Or maybe it is Miller. 

Its just to hard to know without being in the room and seeing the offers from other teams. 

maybe, but I don't think so and the incident with Schenn was a pretty blatant revelation of where issues might be.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, stawns said:

maybe, but I don't think so and the incident with Schenn was a pretty blatant revelation of where issues might be.  

maybe in the moment. No one says Miller is the perfect personality, but for me I like seeing passionate players. Sometimes that comes with a bit of negative, but I don't know how anyone could argue on balance Miller is bad for this team.

5 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

BB hired Yeo didn't he?

(That's what messes me up; wtf!?)

Boudreau,s been around the league long enough to know what yeos all about he wouldn’t have hired his own potential replacement. I could be wrong ,that happened once before …. No wait.  Lol

Edited by chon derry

4 minutes ago, JM_ said:

So you want to be a GM, Patrick :lol:?

yep this one's a pickle. 

I don't have anything to back it up but my gut feeling, but I think Boeser isn't long for this team. 

I'd rather being cheering for a team that is pushing for a playoff spot, but I've wanted significant changes to the team for a while now, so I'm going to be a pretty interested observer of what's to come.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Agreed, and it reinforces that it was the issue last year also.  We might not get a lot for Miller now, but I'm pretty certain we would get value simply by "addition through subtraction".

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, -DLC- said:

To me, a jersey toss is a tantrum...something a kid would do if things weren't going his/her way.

Frustration is very much warranted....but this sends a message that looks bad on our city (not just the team). Entitlement is right.

Fans are entitled because they're heavily invested. Monetarily and emotionally. 
It sends a message alright. 
One the front office should heed. 

Edited by fecklund
spillingk
  • Haha 1